Verified Expert in Engineering
Full-stack Web Developer
Jesus is a full-stack web developer based in Nicaragua. He has been coding since he was 13 years old, amd working remotely in small and mid-sized teams since 2010, building scalable and robust software. He loves to solve problems, learn new technologies, and make a difference in his clients' lives.
Git, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), OS X
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on is a platform for media creators to share their work, as I was an integral part of my client's success and customer satisfaction.
- Created a Chrome extension inserting a sidebar app for the users to comment about the sites they are navigating.
- Migrated the site from Firebase to Supabase because Firebase queries were limited and expensive.
- Improved the app performance, decreasing the initial loading time from 2 seconds to less than 400 miliseconds.
- Migrated the marketing site from an old Laravel site to Nuxt (Vue), improving its performance by 3x.
- Created editable videos for the users to create local advertisements in their businesses.
- Integrated Salesforce into the marketing site to improve conversion rates.
- Used Prismic as a headless CMS and built a design system to display the available sections for CMS users.
- Built new endpoints to the Laravel API using test-driven development (TDD) and best practices.
PHP and Laravel Back-end Developer
- Built a system integrating multiple 3rd party APIs with the local DB.
- Used Elasticsearch to match users with typos on their names from the 3rd party APIs.
- Reduced the integration setup time from 24 hours to minutes.
- Built a tool for media creators to share their work.
- Created a customizable player for the users to be able to embed their videos keeping their brand colors.
- Integrated Stripe to handle the payments.
- Removed the pagination links and implemented infinite scrolling with JS instead.
- Used Amazon Accelerate to improve AWS upload speed.
- Created a Stripe extension to handle referral-based discounts.
- Created a tracking tool for easy website set up to track referrals between users and conversions.
- Created a GraphQL API to track the conversions and create the Stripe discounts according to the number of referred users.
- Created a Nuxt app for the SaaS owners to check their customers' activity.
- Created a collaboration system that includes real-time messaging.
- Created an editable portfolio tool. A demonstration of it can be viewed at youtube.com/watch?v=ImXSObmxkkM.
- Improved the video upload by moving the video transcoding to the background so that users can browse the site and be notified when the transcoding is done.
- Added HLS streaming to the reviews to create video quality lists and segmented loading.
- Changed the payment structure multiple times, which included removing an old credit-based download system.
- Integrated Algolia to improve the marketplace search engine speed.
- Built a subscription-based marketplace for video producers. Sellers can upload videos, templates, and music resources and add them to the product catalog.
- Changed the payment model from limited credits to monthly.
Contract Web Developer
American Driver Network
- Developed a recruiting network of 500 sites using a centralized API.
- Created a custom multi-tenant content manager system for clients to manage their profiles.
- Integrated Laravel into WordPress for better coding under an MVC pattern, keeping the ease of use and setup of WordPress themes and plugins.
- Optimized parts of our main site (the front end and data layer) to improve the load time. This involved creating a plugin to measure the speed on different parts of the site.
- Managed company projects and recruited and trained talent.
- Developed a proprietary CMS and MVC framework to use in local clients' small site development.
- Worked with clients from Spain, Mexico, Panama, and the US in the development of a wide variety of web applications.
- Trained junior developers to use the best practices in development.
- Developed for advertising campaigns and did graphic design for leading local companies.
Skills used: Laravel, Stripe, Vue.js, and CSS.
I created a video review and collaboration app, which you can see in action at https://motionarray.com/review, as well as a portfolio builder tool (https://motionarray.com/portfolio). I also improved the upload/transcoding, integrated Algolia to improve the search engine experience, and restyled the site.
Skills used: Vue.js, Vuex, Laravel, JS, CSS, Node.js, Stripe
American Driver Networkhttps://truckdriverjobsinamerica.com/
End It Movement - Donation Game
Toptal React Academy
Laravel, Bootstrap 3, Nuxt.js, Express.js, Tailwind CSS, PHPUnit, CakePHP, Bootstrap, Vue SSR, Next.js, Redux, Chrome
REST APIs, Node.js, Vue 2, Vuex, jQuery, Vue, Stripe API, PayPal API, Google Maps, React, Stripe, API Development, React Redux
Stripe Checkout, GitHub, NGINX, Adobe Photoshop, Git, Adobe Illustrator, Apache, Bitbucket, Jira
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Test-driven Development (TDD), Responsive Web Design (RWD)
MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch
Back-end Development, Full-stack, Front-end, Web Development, Marketplaces, Architecture, Full-stack Development, APIs, System Integration, Integration Testing, Headless Software, Software Architecture, Content Management Systems (CMS), Sagas, Supabase, Laravel Forge, Chrome Extensions, Storybook, WordPress Multi-user, API Integration, Vite
Amazon Web Services (AWS), OS X, WordPress, Craft CMS, Docker, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Firebase, DigitalOcean
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing & Advertising
American University - Managua, Nicaragua
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering
National University of Engineering - Managua, Nicaragua
Technical Degree in Programming
Latinamerican Computing Institute - Managua, Nicaragua
Toptal React Academy Graduate