Verified Expert in Engineering
Quality Assurance (QA) Developer
Web, API Testing, QA Automation, Web App Security, Quality Assurance (QA), Agile, Jira, QA Testing, Cypress, Mobile App Testing
The most amazing...
...projects I participated in: API and UI automation from scratch, GDPR security audit, SDLC process management, and root cause analysis of an old case from code.
Cybrik Holdings B.V.
- Established the quality process for the team and guided developers to follow it by providing a unit test checklist, integrated code coverage tool, and testing scenarios in advance of each feature implementation for a cryptocurrency platform.
- Set up a local development environment on Visual Studio Code, then tested features on branches using mobile emulators that helped to discover issues earlier.
- Led communication with customers actively to discuss bug-reprioritization or to support visualization on analyzing bug types and status. Initialized Jira integration tool with Slack to the team, which helped to reduce bug reporting times.
QA Part Leader
- Adopted Jira into the process and managed issues, user stories, and a service desk project. Created the workflows and automation rules and organized customers in it.
- Managed teams’ progress and status in sprints and initialized the quality process.
- Set up API automation test framework using Postman and Newman.
- Set up UI automation test framework using TestProject and Python. Managed test scripts in GitLab.
Senior Software QA Engineer
- Worked functional test, API test, data validation in DB, regression test, UI automation test, integration test with third party products, and monitored server logs and data in DB.
- Tested based on a clear understanding of requirement and design, code review, test execution on every environment by running test cases, tracking the issues, and then providing the test results on sprints.
- Ran the UI automation test using Selenium and Java as a regression test by updating for new features on the existing automation framework with Maven and TestNG. Monitored test results and identified potential areas of improvement.
- Performed Dynamic and Static scan using IBM AppScan, AppSpider, Checkmarx, or SoapUI, etc. Analyzed detected security vulnerabilities from scans for false positives, then shared the results to help teams fix or mitigate the issues.
- Tested general data protection regulation (GDPR) project, verified personally identifiable information (PII) data handling, etc. Completed pen testing using BurpSuitePro before and after fixes on vulnerabilities for a security audit.
Software QA Engineer
Applied Materials Korea
- Designed and developed the UI of the FAB scheduling solution, worked for the whole processes of the software development lifecycle (SLDC).
- Led the product’s test and kept the due dates of releases at iterations.
- Improved the automation test coverage so that it could be performed as a regression test.
- Visited customer sites and supported customers for product troubleshooting and analysis results of customer issues. Created then provided detailed documents, so improved the customer's understanding of the product.
- Managed customer issues depend on priorities by providing back data through result analysis, so customers were satisfied with the responses.
- Performed the following: functional test, UI automation test using IBM Rational Robot, API scripts scenario test, system test on a virtual machine, performance test, web service test, localization, etc.
- Created and provided initial or Golden DB to customers and improved customer satisfaction.
Visited customer site in Singapore and helped customer's understanding of the product. Got good feedback from customers for guidance and documentation.
GDPR, Security Audit
As the main security QA, I tested company products using tools like Burp Suite Pro and helped the team to mitigate security vulnerabilities.
For GDPR requirements, I tested stored procedures to delete deactivated or requested users' data on databases (MS SQL, MySQL, third-party system), so the company could accomplish it.
Project Management Softwarehttps://teamply.co.kr/html/main.html
- Adopted Jira, TCMS (test case management system)
- Test frameworks for API automation test using Postman and Newman
- UI automation test framework using TestProject (Selenium-based + reports), Python
SQL, Java, Python 3, C#.NET, PHP, GraphQL, Python
REST APIs, Newman, Node.js
Postman, Jira, Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Confluence, Rational Robot, IBM Rational ClearCase, IBM Rational ClearQuest, VMware, CVS, TortoiseCVS, Windows Performance Toolkit, Vault, Checkmarx, SoapUI, Grafana, Splunk, Google Analytics, GitLab, Apache JMeter, IBM Security AppScan
Agile, Manual Testing, Functional Testing, Test Automation, Automated Testing, Serverless Architecture, Penetration Testing
Web, Windows, Burp Suite, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Unix, Oracle, Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Salesforce
APIs, Quality Assurance (QA), Manual QA, API Testing, Test Case Creation, Test Cases, QA Testing, Bug Discovery & Tracking, UI Testing, Manual Software Testing, GDPR, QA Automation, Web Security, Jira Administration, Web App Security, Cross-browser Compatibility, Integration Testing, Test Automation Frameworks, Test Planning, Unix Shell Scripting, AppSpider, OWASP, Oracle8i, Mobile App Testing
Selenium, TestProject, Electron, React Native, Cypress
Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Cheongju University - Cheongju, Chungbuk, South Korea
API Test Automation with SoapUI
Test Automation Foundation
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring