Joao Diogo de Oliveira
Machine Learning Engineer and Developer
Joao is a machine learning engineer experienced in developing models using deep learning, stacking, and ensemble. He is motivated by complex challenges, such as computer vision, quantum computing, AI in healthcare, and reinforcement learning. After successfully performing in multinationals like Procter & Gamble and startups in various industries such as energy, finance, logistics, consumer goods, real estate, and the wood industry. Joao is looking forward to the next big challenge.
ExperienceSQL - 10 yearsMachine Learning - 7 yearsData Analytics - 6 yearsPython 3 - 5 yearsDeep Learning - 4 yearsTensorFlow - 4 yearsPyTorch - 4 yearsAmazon Web Services (AWS) - 3 years
Python 3, PyTorch, TensorFlow, R, Machine Learning, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS)
The most amazing...
...project I've led is predicting over 300 wind and solar farms in a record time of 1.5 months.
Peyton & Greyson Solutions Inc,
- Developed an AI application for writing automatic proposals, saving at least 20% of the time from a specialized employee.
- Designed and architected the entire IT solution: a) database choice and detail; b) AWS Serverless Services; b) chose and set up the web app back-end implementation; c) API configuration; d) to complete AI model development and deployment.
- Tracked team members' development and ensured that milestones were met, from demos to critical development deliverables.
- Tailored the GPT-3 model to a specific business case successfully.
IT Engineer | Artificial Intelligence Engineer
- Developed an artificial intelligence AI project for energy prediction of solar and wind farms, summing up 2.6 GW of installed power.
- Built a model for computer vision that did face recognition.
- Created a model using computer vision to ease pneumonia detection through X-ray.
- Provided consulting services to deliver wind certification for two offshore projects with a combined predicted installed power of 2GW.
- Maintained over 20 distributed Linux servers, updating, securing, and creating key performance indicators KPIs.
Product Owner | Country Manager
- Developed AI models, including deep learning, weather forecast, and energy prediction for multiple markets.
- Performed business and data analytics for customers.
- Led the successful establishment of a European institute in Brazil.
- Managed a portfolio of clients with a combined production of over 3 GW of energy.
- Managed daily operations of the group's investments, including a shopping mall, business towers, and representation before official government bodies.
- Reversed a seven-year loss into profit by applying substantial and stable changes.
- Supervised the financial control of the construction of three towers, 12 floors each, with a total cost of R$ 43 million.
Mercatus Center at George Mason University - Main
- Developed a long text classification for documents within 96 labels. The purpose was to use different NLP techniques to get probabilities of the three digits NAICS codes.
- Explored literature on the most advanced techniques of text classification and long text and applied them; Combined the different techniques to achieve a better result, achieving an improvement of 15% on the F1 score.
- Used AWS SageMaker to provide an effective and insightful training and inference pipeline.
- Achieved F1 scores on some categories up to 0.95-0.98 on others using different techniques increased from 0.4 to 0.7.
Procter & Gamble
- Implemented multiple line update projects across plants in France, Italy, and Spain.
- Developed cost-saving solutions and deployed them across multiple factories.
- Led technical discussions with suppliers to make sure they would meet the requirements.
Supply Chain Leader
Procter & Gamble
- Led the design and implementation of a global pilot project to remodel the company's logistics sector.
- Found a solution to complex problems of inventory costs, achieving a reduction from $12 million to $7 million.
- Participated in creating an internal cross-docking supply chain prototype, resulting in yearly savings of $2 million.
- Coached, guided, and coordinated the work of multiple team members.
NLP in Healthcare | Score Clinical Patient Noteshttps://www.kaggle.com/c/nbme-score-clinical-patient-notes
X-ray Pneumonia Detectionhttps://github.com/joao-d-oliveira/X-Ray_PneumoniaDetection
Power Generation Forecast for Wind and Solar Farms
Computer Vision - Face detection
Developing AI Automated Proposal Generation
Image Captioning - Identifying Objects and Writing Caption
Email NLP/NLU/NER Analysis
Python 3, SQL, Python, R, Python 2, C++
Scikit-learn, Pandas, LSTM, Matplotlib, PyTorch, TensorFlow, OpenCV, PyTorch Lightning
GitHub, Amazon SageMaker, You Only Look Once (YOLO), NLPP
Data Science, Agile, DevOps, Anomaly Detection
Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Jupyter Notebook, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Backendless, AWS Lambda
Data Pipelines, PostgreSQL, MySQL
Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Data Structures, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Algorithms, Team Leadership, Project Design & Management, Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Deep Neural Networks, Datasets, Language Models, Image Processing, Hardware, Models, AI Programming, Data Processing Automation, Real Estate, ARIMA, ARIMA Models, Supply Chain Management, Supply Chain Optimization, Forecasting, Information Extraction, Energy, Neural Networks, Regression Modeling, Data Processing, Data Transformation, CSV, Data Analysis, GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT), Back-end, Generative Pre-trained Transformer 3 (GPT-3), Data Analytics, Process Management, Logistics, Statistics, Computer Vision Algorithms, Data Visualization, Big Data Architecture, Machine Learning Operations (MLOps), Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs), OpenAI, DaVinci, Large Language Model (LLM), SARIMA, Natural Language Understanding (NLU), Hugging Face, Cloud Platforms, Early-stage Startups, Generative Artificial Intelligence (AI), Generative Adversarial Networks (GAN), Web Development, Word Embedding, ChatGPT, OpenAI GPT-3 API, API Integration, Finance, Quantum Computing, Healthcare IT, Deep Reinforcement Learning, BERT, APIs, Object Detection, Generative Models, AI Design, Amazon RDS, Image Generation, CTO, Transformers
Master's Degree in Computer Science
University of Porto - Porto, Portugal
Exchange Program Coursework Toward Master's Degree in Computer Science
Delft University of Technology - Delft, Netherlands
Quantum Excellence Certificate
IBM | Qiskit Global Summer School 2022
AI for Healthcare
Deep Reinforcement Learning
Advanced Computer Vision - Machine Learning