Back-end Engineer2017 - 2018Top Free Games
Technologies: Go, Node.js, Erlang, Redis, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch/Kibana, Prometheus, Pomelo, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker, Datadog
- Worked on the back-end of very successful games – such as Sniper 3D, Castle Crush, War Machines, and War Heroes–implementing new features, fixing bugs, monitoring and providing maintenance. All these games combined make up more than 1 billion downloads.
- Developed a UI for a matchmaker system (using React, D3.js, and Node.js), allowing product managers to plot graphs and configure/calibrate the matchmaker with just a few clicks.
- Replaced Redis with MongoDB for authentication in chat which reduced the costs to maintain an extremely large Redis dataset. The chat is a fork of the eMQTT project (erlang).
- Developed a Facebook Instant game from scratch (both the client and the server) in three days during a hackathon. The game reached 91,000 unique users on the first month after launch.
- Changed the metagame servers from front-end servers to back-end servers (Pomelo concepts) in very successful games such as Castle Crush and War Machines, enabling these servers to scale.
Security Analyst Intern2016 - 2016Tempest Security Intelligence
- Performed penetration tests on websites and apps (some with millions of users), looking for well-known vulnerabilities such as SQL Injection, XSS, Remote Code Execution, Brute-force, etc. while also looking for flaws within the application logic.
- Reported all the vulnerabilities found with detailed information and the steps to reproduce them (proof of concept).
- Provided all the necessary steps to be made in order to secure these issues.
- Presented research about the state of security of specific technologies to other analysts.
Software Engineer Intern2015 - 2015Manifesto Games
- Developed a RESTful API for a quiz game using PHP and Laravel.
Software Engineer Intern2014 - 2014Design Starts
Technologies: Python, Django, BeautifulSoup, PostgreSQL
- Developed a RESTful API (using Django and PostgreSQL) for an Android app called Hap.
- Implemented scrapers for the Madrasa website.
Teaching Assistant2011 - 2013Federal University of Pernambuco
Technologies: Java, C, C++
- Worked as a teaching assistant for the "Algorithms and Data Structures" course at UFPE.
- Provided lectures and support to over 60 undergraduate students about coding algorithms and data structures in languages such as C++ and Java.
- Created and evaluated students' assignments.