Software Engineer2019 - 2020AD60
Technologies: Go, Go, Gorm, Beego, PostgreSQL, Kubernetes, AWS, Krakend, Docker, APIs, Microservices
- Worked on designing, building and providing maintenance to micro-services and APIs for a banking/trading application. All micro-services were developed in Go.
- Developed libraries, wrappers and communication protocols between all services.
- Created an engine (in Go) that would subscribe to topics on a message queue and forward the events along to the services that would store / act upon them.
- Implemented unit tests and integration tests for all the services of the application, using Go's native testing platform.
Software Engineer2018 - 2019Understood
- Worked on splitting a legacy monolithic application into microservices.
- Created the whole infrastructure on Google Cloud using GKE/Kubernetes, Terraform, and Istio.
- Implemented a CI/CD pipeline using Google Container Registry, GitHub, and CircleCI.
- Developed an article service (CDA) using the Contentful SDK, Python, and Tornado.
Software Engineer2017 - 2018Top Free Games
Technologies: Go, Node.js, Erlang, Redis, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch/Kibana, Prometheus, Pomelo, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker, Datadog
- Worked on the back end of very successful games such as Sniper 3D, Castle Crush, War Machines, and War Heroes–implementing new features, fixing bugs, monitoring and providing maintenance. All these games combined make up more than 1 billion downloads.
- Developed a UI for a matchmaker system (using React, D3.js, and Node.js), allowing product managers to plot graphs and configure/calibrate the matchmaker with just a few clicks.
- Replaced Redis with MongoDB for authentication in chat which reduced the costs to maintain an extremely large Redis dataset. The chat is a fork of the eMQTT project (erlang).
- Developed a Facebook Instant game from scratch (both the client and the server) in three days during a hackathon. The game reached 91,000 unique users on the first month after launch.
- Changed the metagame servers from front-end servers to back-end servers (Pomelo concepts) in very successful games such as Castle Crush and War Machines, enabling these servers to scale.
Security Analyst Intern2016 - 2016Tempest Security Intelligence
- Performed penetration tests on websites and apps (some with millions of users), looking for well-known vulnerabilities such as SQL Injection, XSS, Remote Code Execution, Brute-force, etc. while also looking for flaws within the application logic.
- Reported all the vulnerabilities found with detailed information and the steps to reproduce them (proof of concept).
- Provided all the necessary steps to be made in order to secure these issues.
- Presented research about the state of security of specific technologies to other analysts.
Software Engineer Intern2015 - 2015Manifesto Games
- Developed a RESTful API for a quiz game using PHP and Laravel.
Software Engineer Intern2014 - 2014Design Starts
Technologies: Python, Django, BeautifulSoup, PostgreSQL
- Developed a RESTful API (using Django and PostgreSQL) for an Android app called Hap.
- Implemented scrapers for the Madrasa website.
Teaching Assistant2011 - 2013Federal University of Pernambuco
Technologies: Java, C, C++
- Worked as a teaching assistant for the "Algorithms and Data Structures" course at UFPE.
- Provided lectures and support to over 60 undergraduate students about coding algorithms and data structures in languages such as C++ and Java.
- Created and evaluated students' assignments.