Verified Expert in Engineering
Joaquin is a full-stack developer with over 13 years of experience working for companies like WebMD and Getty Images. He specializes in web application development and has experience building hybrid mobile apps. He has an entrepreneurial mindset and approach to projects which means he always tries to help a business get the most value in the least amount of time possible.
Git, Windows, Sublime Text, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Visual Studio
The most amazing...
...thing I've built is a Windows service that generates XML sitemaps for the entire asset catalog (>1 billion items) which helped increase traffic to the site.
Freelance Full-stack Developer
Pat's Offroad (via Toptal)
- Created the initial application setup.
- Added offline support using Firestore.
- Added PWA support with an Angular library.
- Developed with mobile-first in mind using Bootstrap.
- Integrated NGXS as state management library.
- Implemented geolocation and route calculation using Google Maps APIs.
Freelance Software Developer
Baldes (via Toptal)
- Migrated Firebase functions from version 0.9.1 to 1.1.0.
- Fixed Firebase libraries dependencies on a Bower config file.
Software Developer | Team Lead
Getty Images (via Velocity Partners)
- Created an XML sitemap generator to feed search engines of the entire stock image catalog (more than 1 billion items) using Windows Services and RabbitMQ.
- Supported multiple websites and services of the company such as Gettyimages.com, iStockphoto.com, and Thinkstockphotos.com.
- Implemented a Dropbox integration to support automatic image uploads to users accounts when an image or video was purchased.
- Acted as a team lead—running scrums and training less experienced developers.
- Built the new UI for the home page.
- Migrated an old legacy site functionality to the new site on Ruby on Rails (RoR).
- Built a Chrome extension PoC with notifications when new content was added into a curated set of assets.
- Developed a Windows service that downloads newspapers from different sources (FTP, HTTP, UNC) and processes different formats to a final JPG output and published to a website.
- Built a clipping platform for video/audio using IIS Media Services.
- Created a web app for users to view relevant news to them with an admin manager module to configure which searches apply to each client.
- Built a service that transcodes video from different formats using FFmpeg.
- Developed a site to display newspaper digital pages, search for past dates and filter by categories (magazines, regions).
- Created an app to crop images, select a set, and generate a PDF with the edited images plus some text also entered by the user.
Co-founder | Software Developer
- Built a beer map for Rosario (using Ionic and Angular 2) with detailed information about the breweries and pubs located in the city.
- Developed a web-and-mobile entertainment media app with Ionic and Angular 2; with an admin site to configure which videos to show and send notifications.
- Created a web app for a health company that enables them to conduct staff performance evaluations using AngularJS and MVC.
Co-founder | Software Developer
- Built an Android mobile app that enables real estate agents to inspect properties and share information with clients and on social networks.
WebMD (via Velocity Partners)
- Supported a bulk data extractor to feed a health management system platform.
- Maintained and configured client sites.
- Implemented intranet reporting sites for different areas of the company.
- Analyzed and documented user requirements.
- Coached interns.
The Green Dragon
PoC Restaurant Queue Manager
PoC Movie Theater Billboard
PoC Hospital Bedroom Manager
PoC Chrome Extension with New Content Notifications
NGXS Actions Executinghttps://github.com/ngxs-labs/actions-executing
Angular 6 Tutorial: New Features with New Power
How to Build a Role-based API with Firebase Authentication
All Perks, No Hassle: An Angular 9 Tutorial
.NET, Entity, Bootstrap 3+, AngularJS, ASP.NET MVC, NUnit, Angular, Jasmine, Ionic, ASP.NET, ASP, Bootstrap, Angular Material, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
jQuery, Web API, Moq, RxJS, Vue, Node.js, Google Maps API, Entity Framework
RubyMine, Sublime Text 3, AnthillPro, Autofac, Git, AngularFire, GitLab, Visual Studio, Sublime Text, Triangular, Node-RED
Agile Software Development, Agile, Continuous Integration (CI), Model View Controller (MVC)
Visual Studio 2017, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Windows, Android, Firebase, Docker
Cloud Firestore, SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2017, SQL Server 2008, Microsoft SQL Server, Web Forms, Redis, Firebase Realtime Database
Windows Services, Web Services, NGXS, Firebase Cloud Functions, Chrome Extensions, Angular Bootstrap
Diploma in Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Escuela Argentina de Negocios - Buenos Aires, Argentina
Bachelor's Degree in Systems Engineering
UAI | Universidad Abierta Interamericana - Rosario, Argentina
Developing Applications with Google Cloud Platform Specialization
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist: .NET Framework 4, Data Access
Microsoft Certified Professional: Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist: .NET Framework 4, Web Applications