Verified Expert in Engineering
API Integration Developer
John has been working as a web developer for 20 years. John's expertise includes HTML and CSS template development, responsive frameworks such as Zurb Foundation and Twitter Bootstrap, PHP and MySQL applications, and custom WordPress theme development.
HTML, ZURB Foundation, Bootstrap, WordPress
The most amazing...
...project I've developed was a solution builder application for a phone company that allowed customers to select phones and plans before making purchases.
Senior WordPress Developer
- Developed both the parent website and the training microsite, Curriculum.artizo.org, from a PSD file to a complex WordPress theme.
- Created a sermon manager, allowing them to upload sermon recordings, categories by speaker, series, category, etc., and searchable by speaker, series, category, keywords, and date with paginated results.
- Built the only course microsite with custom content management and display, as well as a "viewer manager" that allows the administrator to create course content viewer accounts that expire after a certain amount of time.
Mark Anthony Group
- Redeveloped the White Claw website, and developed new international variations for the White Claw family of websites: https://www.whiteclaw.com.
- Performed time-sensitive updates for all websites when required, including White Claw, Mike's Hard, Bearface Whiskey, Glendalough Whiskey, Free Earth Tea, and Cactus Jack.
- Launched new brands including Freed Earth Tea www.freedearthtea.com) and Mike's Lemonade Seltzer (www.mikeshardseltzer.com).
Contract Web Developer
Dominet Web Services
- Developed and managed consumer websites for the Mark Anthony Group for more than a year, including brands like White Claw, Mike's Hard, and Bearface Whisky.
- Developed a theme for the Festival of Authors event in Toronto for 2020 (festivalofauthors.ca). The work included advanced integration with the Tessitura Network event/resource management CRM, including custom login sessions and registrations.
- Developed a resources manager, FAQ manager, photo galleries, video galleries, and online courses with quizzes and audio files for www.thechidon.com.
- Developed a system for showing graduates of the Artizo Institute on a Google Map with pictures for icons and a custom pop-up info window at www.artizo.org/clergy-map.
- Developed a new responsive WordPress website specializing in identity theft awareness and prevention called Identity First (www.identityfirst.ca.) The tasks included creating a custom MemberPress integration with an API.
- Developed an advanced API-based prize order form using WooCommerce for NSA Canada (www.nsacanada.ca ) that created one big order form with two different pricing schemes and a credit system.
- Worked onsite as the lead developer for four months developing new websites for the Rogers Communications’ Cityfone line of websites, including www.cityfone.net and www.simplyconnect.ca.
- Developed a membership registry for interior designers of British Columbia. The work involved programming a form used to import members from a CSV file, member pages, and a search page that allowed searching for members by category, name, and more.
Mark Anthony Brand Websites
Toronto International Festival of Authorshttps://festivalofauthors.ca
My duties involved front-end development using Bootstrap 4 for converting design files to responsive templates and employing jQuery at an advanced level. I also completed the back-end development using PHP, Ajax, an Oracle database, and the ExpressionEngine CMS. I created a very advanced 1-page app that allowed visitors to select phone plans and up to two different devices while fetching pricing deals and bonus offers from the database. The result can be seen at www.cityfone.net/solution_builder.
Lab Test Directoryhttps://www.bioreference.com/physicians/resources/test-directory/
Brick Search Micrositehttps://bricks.uofscalumni.org/
Bootstrap, Bootstrap 3, ZURB Foundation
Responsive Web Design (RWD), Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
WordPress, WooCommerce, Oracle
WordPress Themes, Content Management Systems (CMS), Pixel Perfect, Front-end, PSD to WordPress, HTML to WordPress, Web Development, API Integration, Gravity Forms, MemberPress, SEO Tools, WordPress Plugins, Responsiveness, Accessibility, WordPress eCommerce, SaaS, PayPal, APIs, ExpressionEngine, Bootstrap 4, Instagram, Animation, Elementor, Search, Mail
jQuery, WordPress API, WordPress REST API, Salesforce API, Custom APIs, FPDF
Advanced Custom Fields (ACF), Figma, Cron
Diploma in Web Development
Praxis Training Institute - Ottawa, Canada
Diploma in Multimedia Learning Technology
New Brunswick Community College - Miramichi, New Brunswick, Canada
Bachelor's Degree in Science
University of New Brunswick - Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada