- R&D ManagerFutronix2017 - PRESENT
Technologies: IoT, Alexa, AWS, ESP8266, Embedded C++, Arduino
- Developed Alexa Skills for Amazon Dot/Echo.
- Worked with ESP8266 embedded programming with Arduino IDE.
- Configured a TLSv1.1 WebSocket security.
- Developed MQTT communication with AWS IoT cloud.
- Created a voice-activated smarthome lighting system.
- Mobile Developer (Remote)Door3/FreshDirect2014 - PRESENT
Technologies: Xamarin iOS, Objective-C iOS, Java Android, Xamarin Android, .NET, Selendroid, JIRA, Scrum
- Developed a Webby-winning eCommerce iPad application using Xamarin iOS.
- Added new features on a legacy Objective-C app.
- Added new features on a legacy Android app.
- Consolidated the legacy apps into a new Xamarin unified platform.
- Senior Node.js DeveloperVinus2017 - 2017
- Developed a system of 3 Node.js applications on Heroku and several AWS lambdas over the course of a few months to implement a unique marketing "sell-it-before-implementing-it" system.
- Developed an on-the-fly image generator using Node.js with Gifsicle and Webshot to generate customized promotional "coins" for use on the site.
- Integrated an app tightly with AWS, using lambdas, triggers, SES, and S3 storage APIs.
- Senior Xamarin DeveloperUnder NDA (via Toptal)2015 - 2017
Technologies: Xamarin iOS, WebSockets
- Developed from scratch a Xamarin iOS application that controls large-scale SCADA irrigation systems via a Java middle tier.
- Developed the MVP architecture and prepared a plan to facilitate cross-platform ports.
- Developed a tight system of synchronizing long-running tasks with the server side, across multiple connections or app sessions.
- Senior Developer | Team LeaderManao Software2012 - 2014
Technologies: .NET, REST Services, JSON, MVVM, Knockout.js, jQuery, Soap UI, TDD, Scrum, JIRA, Perforce, DDD
- Managed a team of developers to produce a REST/JSON front-end to a unique SAP-querying interface.
- Designed the architecture for the above software using .NET Web API MVVM with NHibernate.
- Managed a team to develop the above software in .NET.
- Directed the QA unit-testing using SoapUI.
- Software Development ManagerHotelTravel.com2009 - 2012
- Redesigned the rate providers' pulling subsystem.
- Developed ISAPI filters for the website.
- Developed a prototype mobile/web app.
- Managed the day-to-day process of development and quality control.
- Managed a team of 16-20 developers.
- Senior DeveloperMorgan Stanley (NYC)2007 - 2009
- Performed the application and web service programming in C# and VB.NET.
- Interfaced .NET software with legacy COBOL programs.
- Developed software to manage fixed income securities based on currency exchange models.
- Designed service-based architecture linking .NET applications to core mainframe services.
- Senior Software ArchitectBraveline Technology (NYC)2003 - 2007
Technologies: C#, VB.NET, C++, VB6, SOA
- Developed an internal image server that's still in use and well-regarded.
- Wrote an eCommerce object-oriented redesign.
- Developed an internal component library (parts of which are still in use).
- Serviced clients in various industries including private equity, financial services, entertainment, and accounting.
- Junior InstructorSetFocus LLC (NYC)2001 - 2003
Technologies: .NET, SQL Server, COM
- Researched topics to present to students.
- Assisted the senior instructor in preparing course material.
- Delivered and and helped to deliver course material to students.
- Assessed and graded students' work.
- Became MCT certified.