Verified Expert in Engineering
Jonathan is a passionate developer with 9+ years of experience, having worked with many technologies and teams of various sizes, from startups to big corporations. He started programming at a very early age and has been doing it ever since, always looking for exciting challenges to work on. Jonathan brings strategic vision and leadership to his work and is passionate about working with teams whose vision aligns with his values.
The most amazing...
...thing I've ever done is lead the development of a corporate tax revenue module as a service for the whole company to use.
- Led the discovery phase for multiple projects, talked to clients, and defined product requirements and proposals.
- Architected and developed several applications from scratch.
- Trained and led junior developers onboarding the team.
Mout'S Solues em TI
- Tasked with the full-stack development of several web platforms and apps from scratch.
- Refactored existing APIs to follow RESTful best practices.
- Developed an app in a week to track COVID-19 symptoms.
- Improved legacy code quality with refactors and clean code principles.
- Built and maintained an integration and migration tool between the legacy monolithic database and a new cloud distributed database.
- Migrated business logic and features from legacy software to the new cloud-based ERP.
- Led the development of a tax engine as a service, maintaining constrained response times with multi-million parameters.
C++ Software Developer
- Developed from scratch and maintained the new Corporate Tax Module, rewriting code based on the legacy Delphi version.
- Built the tax calculation procedure, bringing down the time from two minutes to three seconds.
- Wrote a migration tool to move data from the legacy software to the new one.
- Integrated the Corporate Tax Module with other modules.
GOVERNANÇABRASIL S/A Tecnologia e Gestão em Serviços
- Developed new features for the accounting module aimed at more efficient use of the software.
- Tracked and fixed bugs using Mantis as a reporting tool.
- Created and worked on several internal tools to allow developers to work more efficiently.
jfGL - An Independent Graphics Library
I implemented vector and quaternion operations and matrix transformations.
Applied Gouraud shading and Phong shading with point and directional lighting.
Implemented scan-line rendering algorithm with back-face culling, z-buffering, and frustum clipping.
Every pixel is rendered in software; there is also a 3D editor and texture mapper developed on top of it.
This project was fun to develop and quite simple in its essence, heavily focused on real-time data communications and network optimizations, simple UI with a real-time chat for people to guess the word and interact.
Angular, Next.js, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Express.js
React, Node.js, Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC), Socket.IO
Docker, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Visual Studio 2017, Azure, AWS Lambda, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Firebase
Full-stack, 3D Graphics, Mathematics, Infrastructure Architecture, APIs, Architecture, COM, DCOM, Serverless
Git, Visual Studio 2015, Subversion (SVN), TFS, Mantis, Jira, RabbitMQ
REST, Microservices, Scrum, Kanban
PostgreSQL, MySQL, Google Cloud, Redis, SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2012, Elasticsearch, InfluxDB, MongoDB, Hasura, Amazon DynamoDB
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring