Founder2003 - PRESENTIdeograph LLC
Technologies: Apache, Microsoft SQL Server, Drupal, Python, PHP, C#, Java
- Founded a consulting company providing customized programming services.
- Architected a multi-tiered web, mobile, and touchscreen lottery system and wrote the prototype in Java, JSP, and Python using PostgreSQL on Linux.
- Built and deployed eCommerce websites using Drupal, PHP, Apache, and MySQL.
- Architected and developed a suite of artificial intelligence loan securitization applications in C# on Windows and SQLServer.
- Wrote technical articles, MSDN white papers, and programming demos for Microsoft using C#, VB.NET, and ASP.
Co-Founder and CTO2009 - 2014IndieMade LLC
Technologies: Drupal, PHP, MySQL, Apache, Linux
- Founded a profitable company that offers a customized web hosting platform as a paid monthly service to indie crafters and artists.
- Designed and developed a custom Drupal-based solution on Linux with Apache and MySQL.
- Built themes with PHPTemplate, HTML, CSS/SASS, and jQuery.
- Automated site building and software release on Rackspace CloudServers, Cloud DNS, and Amazon CloudFront.
- Managed a distributed team of PHP developers, themers, and customer care reps.
- Built integration testing with Groovy and WebDriver.
Technical Lead1998 - 2014iCopyright, Inc.
Technologies: Hibernate, Apache Velocity, PostgreSQL, Apache, Linux, Apache Tomcat, Java
- Led a team to design, implement, and operate iCopyright Conductor, an automated copyright licensing system written in Java with Apache, Tomcat, and Linux on PostgreSQL with Hibernate, ehCache, Velocity, Apache Commons, AspectJ, Quartz, Proxool, and many more, including custom MVC middleware with a front-end in JSP/JSTL with CSS and jQuery.
- Built a multi-threaded, automated artificial intelligence system to search for improperly copied content on the web with Java, Guice, Bing API, and more.
- Designed and developed a search engine portal on Solr with a content and search API via REST.
- Created an extensible payment engine with credit card processing via Cybersource, PayPal integration, multiple currency support with StrikeIron, deferred payment via corporate account, and double-entry accounting system in Java.
- Owned full responsibility as tech lead and architect for all software design, development, operations, and system and network admin for the company from 2001 on.
- Won the 2001 and 2005 Codie awards for Best Digital Rights Management Software.
- Designed and maintained WordPress and Drupal plugins to allow signup and interaction with Java services via REST.
- Presented technology to venture capital investors and publishing partners countless times.
Developer and Tech Lead1996 - 1998UBS
Technologies: Solaris, Sybase, COM+, Objective-C, C++, Java
- Managed a historical data systems group as API and services lead.
- Designed and implemented a three-tiered service to distribute financial data internationally using C++, COM, Sybase, and Solaris.
- Developed a multi-tiered Java and Objective-C system on NeXT and Solaris to link risk control systems.
- Presented technology and gathered requirements in Asia, Europe, and America.