IT Manager1999 - PRESENTSpeed2Web
- Helped create, architect, and deploy the HelloHelp chat. It has been offered as a SaaS for 21 years.
- Oversaw the 10+ upgrade deployments, including major PHP, operating system, and MySQL upgrades.
- Moved our original dedicated server provider to AWS in 2006. Uptime has gone up from around 96% in 2002 to 99.999% in 2020 and 100% so far in 2021.
- Provided the chat widget to several renowned customers in Mexico and Latin America, including HSBC Bank, Walmart Mexico, Amway Mexico, and Amway Colombia.
Senior Software Engineer2018 - 2021Wizeline
- Architected the tech stack for a social network management app and was also part of the back-end development team.
- Collaborated on projects for some of the biggest worldwide media companies, including Fox Corp, National Geographic, and Discovery Channel Latam.
- Developed and partially architected an app required to support over 100,000 concurrent users.
- Acted as a tech lead for the back-end team in several projects.
- Worked remotely and had customers and teammates from five different countries.
Senior Full-stack Engineer2013 - 2018Dalet (former Oayala)
- Developed the back end for a subscription streaming service replicated to different customers.
- Led a team of four developers to create a RESTful API solution to deliver a few thousand video assets to end-users.
- Spearheaded a team of three developers to deliver an on-demand paid video solution.
- Imported video assets to the company's platform massively while gaining knowledge on proprietary solutions.
- Managed a vendor's external team to complete a project in a six-week record time.
Senior Software Engineer2010 - 2013Reporte Indigo
Technologies: Drupal, Amazon EC2, AWS RDS, PHP, Memcached, Varnish, Web Development, Drupal 7, Drupal 6, HTML, CSS
- Moved the website from dedicated servers to AWS, with response times around half the previous ones. Also, the cloud solution gave around a 20% in expenditure savings.
- Maintained the Drupal 6 website and was part of the team that upgraded the site to Drupal 7.
- Oversaw and architected most of the website's new features, including the development of mobile apps.
- Helped make the website the first genuinely responsive site the company had.
Software Engineer2003 - 2005Datamine
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, CSS, HTML
- Acted as the leading developer of the purchasing module of a new ERP software.
- Architected and created new helper modules and reusable code.
- Deployed a few ERP modules to five different customers, including the purchase, accounts payable, and inventory modules.