Chief Data Scientist2018 - PRESENTSonodot
Technologies: Python, Apache Kafka, Pandas, Keras, Scikit-learn, NumPy, Plotly, Asyncio, AIOHTTP, R, Shiny
- Built a platform for the ingestion of large volumes of data from IoT devices, based on Apache Kafka.
- Constructed a real-time cleaning and pre-processing pipeline for sensor data, based on Asyncio, NumPy, and Apache Kafka.
- Developed web APIs for on-demand and real-time analytics and visualization, based on Python, Pandas, and Plotly.
- Developed machine learning applications for time series of sensor data, for instance, activity detection and trajectory classification with deep neural networks.
- Built simulation models and optimization engines.
- Established strategic plans for software and product development.
- Oversaw and led the development team.
Python and AI Game Developer2019 - 2019Clients (via Toptal)
- Developed a modular and high-performance game engine for Magic the Gathering using Python.
- Integrated state-of-the-art artificial intelligence algorithms for achieving intelligent game agents.
Assistant Professor2017 - 2018University of Lisbon
Technologies: Python, Java
- Taught Programming I & II (Python), Algorithms and Data Structures (Java), and Theory of Computation.
- Developed pedagogical materials.
- Mentored undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Prepared and established project proposals and scientific collaborations.
- Prepared a project proposal on Markov chain models and machine learning that was awarded €250,000 in funding.
Doctoral and Postdoctoral Researcher2012 - 2017Instituto de Telecomunicações
Technologies: Java, R, Evolutionary Algorithms (ECJ)
- Developed my Ph.D. thesis on evolutionary computation, autonomous agents, and neural networks.
- Implemented a statistical analysis and visualization of large volumes of scientific data in R.
- Used unsupervised machine learning to extract knowledge from large volumes of high-dimensional data.
- Developed new algorithms for the training of autonomous agents and neural networks.
- Built an agent-based simulator for supporting the evolution of neural-based autonomous agents controllers, in Java.
- Ran experiments with high-performance computing (HPC), including Google Cloud and Sun Grid Engine.
- Wrote and published over 20 scientific papers in the top conferences and journals in the field, four of which were nominated for best paper awards.
Co-founder2016 - 2016Ocean Swarm
Technologies: Java, R
- Worked on robotics testing, programming, and development.
- Conducted market research and developed a business plan.
- Prepared two research proposals for European Commission's H2020 calls.
Invited Teaching Assistant2013 - 2015University of Lisbon
Technologies: Java, Assembly
- Taught the courses of Computer Systems Architecture (Assembly and hardware architecture) and Programming Laboratories (Java introductory programming).
Research Assistant2009 - 2012LabMag
Technologies: Java, OWL, Geotools, R, X3D, Netbeans RCP
- Worked as a research assistant in projects involving artificial intelligence.