Verified Expert in Engineering
Josh is a versatile software engineer with over six years of experience. He specializes in back-end, front-end, and mobile development. His first mobile app achieved over 50,000 installations, and he has since followed it up with several successful projects. Regardless of the stack, Josh adheres to best practices and writes clean, testable code and elegant user experiences. Learning is his passion, and he eagerly assimilates new information.
Git, Atom, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), MacOS
The most amazing...
...application I have built is a mobile, web-based word processor with cloud storage, live collaboration, and ODT support.
Full-stack Software Engineer
- Rapidly designed and delivered a feature that was instrumental in landing several clients.
- Advocated for best practices and improvements in infrastructure and code quality.
Co-Founder, Back-end Engineer
- Designed and developed a scalable, production-ready RESTful API.
- Netted 1349% quarterly growth with strategic marketing efforts.
- Co-coordinated a team of developers and marketers.
- Grew the business from concept to production.
- Rated 5 stars for over 150 sessions on an online freelance agency and HackHands.
- Repeatedly featured as a mentor on an online freelance agency.
- Led the development of seven client projects.
- Managed a mixed team of internal developers and external contractors.
- Optimized product quality and productivity by introducing new tools and procedures.
- Created a set of reusable components and configurations.
- Developed web applications, mobile applications, and REST APIs.
- Configured development and production environments.
- Reduced project development times by over 60 hours by building reusable components and templates.
Clarks Summit University
- Coded a campus-wide digital signage system.
- Launched and managed a knowledgebase for technical documentation and customer support.
- Recruited, interviewed, and trained new employees.
- Standardized and documented IT and customer support processes.
Sales and Events App
Django, Django REST Framework, Swagger, Jinja, Flask, Nuxt.js, Flutter, React Native, Django Channels, Redux, Windows PowerShell, Electron, Jest
Vue, jQuery, Vuex, React, Node.js, Django ORM
Atom, GitHub, Trello, Expo, Pytest, ExpoKit, Expo.io, Git, GitLab, DbSchema, Xcode, Android Studio, Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC
Class-based OOP, Test-driven Development (TDD), Unit Testing
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Heroku, MacOS, Android, iOS, Algolia, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Communication, GitFlow, Flux Architecture
PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis
Undergraduate Studies in Communications
Clarks Summit University - Clarks Summit, PA
Dragonchain Certified Smart Contract Practitioner