Verified Expert in Engineering
Jovan is an entrepreneur and engineer with a strong mathematical background. He doesn't care about the technology but cares about the problem that the technology can solve.
Git, Eclipse, Sublime Text, MacOS
The most amazing...
...thing I've done is an implementation of the Shazam algorithm using Fast Fourier Transformation and audio fingerprinting.
Wendero (via Toptal)
- Built an email finder that returns email address for a given name, surname, and domain.
- Created an email service for sending/receiving emails using Postmark API.
- Built a data deduplication engine which finds duplicates and merges data in real time.
- Created a MongoDB aggregate service for faceted searching.
- Built a JS-SDK for the current API.
LyricalLabs (via Toptal)
- Reviewed and refactored code. Used AWS S3 and Amazon MQ for async message processing through the system.
- Rewrote XML API from PHP to Java.
- Created a Docker container for the server side.
- Took part in GUI refactoring using AngularJS.
- Built a basic billing system using Braintree that supports credit cards and PayPal and generates invoices.
Seeds - Playseeds.com (via Toptal)
- Customized current Countly plugins for analytics.
- Built an image composer using ImageMagick.
- Set the deploy mechanism on both test and production servers.
- Created a few plugins from scratch.
- Migrated Mongo DB on the production server.
- Customized the look and feel.
GoSafely (via Toptal)
- Created a client proxy in Java that redirects all the HTTP and HTTPS traffic to the remote server.
- Built part of the server API using Node.js, Express.js, and MongoDB.
- Integrated with an OpenVPN solution to do traffic redirection on multiple platforms (Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS).
- Created a PhoneGap mobile app that works with the Node.js server.
- Supported the front-end of the portal using jQuery and HTML (EJS for templating).
Audio Software Engineer
Wurrly - wurrly.com (via Toptal)
- Built an audio vocoder algorithm for singers, which corrects false tones in a given music key.
- Created a web interface for uploading songs and running the vocoder.
- Created a bash script that transposes the music key of a given song.
Software Engineer, Data Scientist
- Developed an algorithm that combines different flight prices, generates all possible routes, and calculates the cheapest combination.
- Developed a scraping system for several low-cost companies using Node.js.
- Formed a stable startup team of four people: three software developers and one business developer.
- Took part in the design and build of the whole engine for finding the optimal combination of multiple flights in one journey. Used Node.js on the back-end and AngularJS on the front-end.
- Took part in Seedcamp Belgrade 2014 as one of ten startups in the region to pitch in front of investors and SeedCamp decision makers.
- Developed part of an in-house load balancing system called "Dispatcher engine" for message transfer via ActiveMQ. Different messages are received from outer systems and sent to the particular virtual machines.
- Developed a RESTful API for fees calculation using Drools engine.
- Developed a RESTul API for initial margins calculation.
- Took part in the design and building from the scratch of the whole system, including data model design, in memory model, and custom load balancer.
- Passed "Agile 42" Scrum training.
- Developed a data conversion and validation framework using ColdFusion and XSLT.
- Supported a fraud detection platform on back-end using Java and ColdFusion.
- Spent two months working on place in London. Passed business trainings and took part in design of future plans and roadmaps.
- Led a small team who supported the existing platform.
- Supported an in-house version of ColdFusion, written in Java.
- Supported an existing company CMS and created various CMS customizations for particular clients.
- Developed PL/SQL procedures on back-end.
- Supported client side development written mostly in jQuery.
- Spent two months working on location in Zurich. Passed business trainings.
Java SE 7 Oracle certificate
Let LoopBack Do It: A Walkthrough of the Node API Framework You've Been Dreaming Of
Loopback, Sails.js, PhoneGap, JPA, Express.js, Netty, Java Agent DEvelopment (JADE), Jersey, Hibernate, AngularJS, Spring, Django REST Framework, Django
Node.js, Socket.IO, Stripe, EJS, JMS, Java Servlets, jQuery, Countly SDK, Facebook API
Eclipse IDE, AWS SDK, Mongoose, VPN, OpenVPN, Git, Subversion (SVN), Sublime Text 3, Mocha, Adobe ColdFusion, Sublime Text, Java VisualVM, Bamboo, Jira
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), MEAN Stack, Agile Software Development, Functional Programming, Object-oriented Design (OOD), Asynchronous Programming, Event-driven Programming, REST
MacOS, Meteor, Oracle, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Windows, Linux, Java EE, Eclipse, Android
Front-end Development, Algorithms, Machine Learning, Ajax, SSL, HTTP, SOAP, Recommendation Systems, Lambda Functions, PIP, Big Data
MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Redis, MySQL, SQLite
Master's Degree in Mathematics and Computer Engineering
Belgrade University - Belgrade
Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics and Computer Engineering
Belgrade University - Belgrade