President and Freelance Developer2009 - PRESENTAward Winning Apps
Technologies: Xcode, Swift, SwiftUI, Objective-C, UIKit, HealthKit, WatchKit, iOS, tvOS, iOS SceneKit, Interface Builder, CI/CD Pipelines, Git, GitFlow, Ionic, React Native, Figma, ARKit, Agile, Scrum, REST, GraphQL, iTunes Connect, App Store
- Launched over 25 native iPhone and iPad apps to iTunes.
- Built a wide variety of apps using Xcode, Swift, UIKit, Objective-C, Core Animation, WatchKit, HealthKit, and many other native Apple technologies, as well as several web technologies.
- Utilized Xcode, VS Code, Swift, Ionic, and other tools to build the apps, then Azure DevOps, AppCenter, or TestFlight, together with Git and CI/CD pipelines, to deliver the app directly to the device.
Vice President of Engineering2016 - 2018Float Left Interactive
Technologies: Xcode, Swift, Code Review, Android TV, Roku, iOS, Tizen, Git, GitFlow, Source Code Review, Management, P&L Management, P&L Forecasting
- Brought life to the vision of our partner brands and delightful TV experiences to their audiences. Created unique and artful apps for the world's most prolific media brands, responsible for all aspects of engineering and production.
- Drove the on-schedule delivery of professional services engagements.
- Managed the creation of internal toolkits and external SaaS products.
- Cultivated a team of talented software professionals.
- Scoped projects, responded to RFPs, and established pricing.
- Interfaced with the executive and production staff of clients and partners.
- Defined departmental priorities and kept them front of mind.
- Delivered the highest-grossing fiscal year in the company's history.
- Launched several TV experiences, including NBC Sports, Sony, MLB, Red Bull, AMC, Ovation, and Catholic TV.
Lead Scientist2012 - 2015Modernizing Medicine
Technologies: Xcode, Swift, Objective-C, UIKit, Subversion (SVN), Agile, Crashlytics, HockeyApp, WordPress
- Created applications that change the way doctors practice medicine.
- Developed features in ModMed's flagship product, EMA for iPad, using Xcode and Agile process.
- Evaluated and prototyped new technologies for inclusion in future product offerings.
- Researched and prepared patent filings for submission to the USPTO.
Tech Lead and Mobile Specialist2009 - 2012Crispin Porter & Bogusky
Technologies: Xcode, Objective-C, UIKit, Unity, Flash, Agile, REST, Adobe Flex, OpenCV, Core Audio, AudioUnit, ActionScript 3, Flash ActionScript, Subversion (SVN), Scrum, Photoshop CC
- Launched numerous high-profile projects for name-brand clients.
- Built software to create world-class, native mobile applications.
- Lectured internally as a product trainer and externally as a mobile evangelist.
- Conceived, engineered, and deployed native mobile and digital out-of-home products.
Software and Web Developer2008 - 2009Miami Herald
Technologies: Xcode, Objective-C, UIKit, Flash, ActionScript 3, REST, Flash ActionScript, vMix, WordPress, Interface Builder, iTunes Connect, App Store, Ajax, HTML, CSS
- Developed award-winning iPhone applications for partner brands, such as the Miami Dolphins.
- Built video and interactive features for MiamiHerald.com and Miami.com.
- Combined Flash and Ajax to integrate our distinct look with outside vendor APIs.