DevOps and Solution Architect Developer
Justin is a well-rounded developer, infrastructure engineer, and manager. He spent 15 years in the IT industry, built many forms of infrastructure across the Windows and Linux world, and developed applications in various languages. He migrated AWS and Office 365 for 100+ virtual machines and 3,000 exchange mailboxes and re-architected Docker and AWS Native services applications. Justin is known for his sense of humor, and while infrastructure is right up his sleeve, he is no stranger to DevOps.
ExperienceIT Networking - 15 yearsIT Infrastructure - 15 yearsWindows - 15 yearsPHP - 15 yearsLinux - 15 yearsPython - 7 yearsCloud Infrastructure - 7 years
Windows, Amazon Web Services (AWS), IT Infrastructure, Cloud Infrastructure, IT Networking, PHP, Python, C#, Linux
The most amazing...
...project I've deployed is a Slurm-based auto-scaling HPC solution in AWS for a company that makes microchips.
Self-Employed - Owner - Preset Tech
- Deployed an auto-scaling, spot-instance driven Slurm HPC project for a customer using it for analysis.
- Migrated several companies into Office 365 and G-Suite, ensuring that mail, contacts and calendars came through.
- Provided level 3 escalation support for several customers around the network, IT infrastructure, and user support.
St. Paul's School
- Completed an AWS migration for St. Paul's School. This included the re-architecture of applications for Docker and other AWS Native services, as well as the implementation of new and lift-and-shifted EC2 instances in to AWS.
- Delivered rapid enablement of online teaching and remote learning for Covid-19, helped by our previous migration to cloud-native solutions and AWS.
- Migrated from an aging Mitel MiVoice system to 3CX, providing better flexibility and reducing costs from an ISDN to SIP conversion.
- Implemented a BYOD program for students to connect their own devices on campus. This involved the implementation of Aruba Clear Pass, VLANs, and project management.
- Managed a team of five to provide a consistent excellent level of service for staff and students.
Ladbrokes Digital Australia
- Migrated corporate workloads into AWS, away from the aging on-premises hypervisors.
- Collaborated with the development team on bringing elements of the production stack into AWS, running in Docker.
- Provided training and professional development to junior members of the team, mentoring them in automating a large number of their processes.
- Performed an AWS and Office 365 Migration for 100+ virtual machines and 3,000 exchange mailboxes.
- Designed and deployed a project to bring two arms of the same company into one, including MPLS deployment and Windows 2003 to 2012 domain migration and merge.
- Performed many separate greenfield migrations, infrastructure, and AWS assessments for customers.
AWS and Office 365 Migration
This included the PoC and design of re-architecting their Windows and Linux environment, bringing in direct connections, and updating MPLS WANs for their sites all around Australia.
The Honeycombers—Autoscaling WordPresshttps://thehoneycombers.com
PHP, Python, C#
Laravel, Windows PowerShell, AngularJS
VMware, Hyper-V, Jamf Pro, Terraform, Docker Swarm, Grafana
Windows, Linux, Windows Server, Amazon EC2, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Lambda, MacOS, Docker, WordPress
MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Amazon DynamoDB
IT Infrastructure, Cloud Infrastructure, IT Networking, Office 365, Palo Alto Networks, Fortinet Firewall Configuration, 3CX, Networking, Slurm Workload Manager, Information Technology, Amazon RDS, Containerization, 802.1X, System Administration, Firewalls, Nutanix
Microsoft HPC, Node.js
Bachelor of Information Technology in Information Technology
Queensland University of Technology - Brisbane, Australia
AWS Certified SysOps Administrator
AWS Solutions Architect Associate
AWS Certified Developer - Associate