Chief Architect2014 - 2021Yellow
Technologies: AWS, Docker, Serverless, Python
- Ideated and created a new self-service digital platform that enables customers to manage digital presence centrally and market to various digital and traditional media channels.
- Adopted cutting-edge cloud technologies powered by AWS and other providers to speed time to market, reduce development costs, and increase operational efficiencies.
- Modernized, simplified, and transformed legacy enterprise systems into a cohesive agile digital architecture that delivers outstanding customer service, reduces the cost to serve, and empowers staff to innovate without technology constraints.
- Developed advanced infrastructure as code techniques to promote reusable and consistent patterns and components across all application stacks.
Cloud Architect2017 - 2020Casebook
Technologies: AWS, AWS CloudFormation, Amazon EKS, ECS, AWS Fargate, Microservices, AWS API Gateway, Redshift, Apache Kafka, Jenkins, AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodePipeline
- Built fully automated continuous delivery pipelines using Ansible, Jenkins, CloudFormation, CodePipeline, and CodeBuild.
- Built a fully automated account provisioning pipeline, which deployed an entire AWS account with all applications and initial seed data within one hour.
- Adapted and migrated Docker container infrastructure from ECS/Fargate to EKS/Kubernetes.
- Developed a data pipeline for streaming events from Apache Kafka into Amazon S3 and Redshift.
Digital Practice Consultant2016 - 2017Air New Zealand
Technologies: AWS, Continuous Delivery (CD), Docker, AWS ECS, AWS CloudFormation
- Established a center of excellence for delivering continuous delivery and digital platform architectural patterns, tooling, and onboarding as part of a wider digital transformation initiative in the digital strategy business unit.
- Developed fully automated deployment templates using AWS CloudFormation for deploying complete application environments in AWS.
- Successfully introduced the use of Docker and containers with deployment all the way to production using AWS ECS.
Technology Architect2005 - 2014Spark
Technologies: VMware, NetApp, Cisco UCS, Cisco, AWS, C#, Java, SQL Server 2012, VoltDB, .NET, FreeRADIUS, Cisco Wireless, Ruckus Wireless
- Built a Wi-Fi subscriber management solution servicing 2,000 access points and hundreds of thousands of devices every month. The system was scaled to process millions of events every day.
- Provided architectural oversight of teams building a video-on-demand streaming platform that launched successfully with hundreds of thousands of customers.
- Worked with Spark Ventures team bringing innovative products to market including a video-on-demand streaming platform, broadband service provider, mobile virtual network operator, and an online self-service mobile application studio.