Verified Expert in Engineering
Security Testing Developer
Kai works in the field of IT security. He's a seasoned developer and security consultant. Having worked on projects of all sizes with remote and local teams, Kai can deliver standalone high-performance applications for use in a back-end environment, penetration testing, and general security consultation. Kai's high-quality education in computer science allows him to understand and apply complex subjects efficiently.
Rust, .NET Core, Linux, Git
The most amazing...
...thing I've created is a neural network trained on quotes from famous people, generating new "wisdom" which self-improves through user feedback.
Pentester | Consultant
- Developed highly secure software drivers for industrial computing.
- Tested products, applications, and infrastructure offensively to help companies improve their security posture.
- Developed partially automated reporting tools to cut time spent writing penetration testing reports by two-thirds while producing higher-quality output.
Cyber Security Engineer | Penetration Tester
- Coached many customers to identify security issues and efficiently fix them.
- Assisted companies in incident response, responding to attacks and mitigate them.
- Surveyed industry-standard tooling for vulnerabilities to help customers maintain a secure stance. Identified many issues, including a critical vulnerability in Symantec Critical Systems Protection software which protects industrial plants worldwide.
Center for IT-Security, Privacy, and Accountability
- Developed high-performance software for the parallel calculation of advanced anonymity metrics.
- Analyzed the security of Android apps generated using app generators such as Appy Pie and SeattleCloud.
- Implemented a fuzzing environment and tools to fuzz the Android middleware.
KS Software (now xbAV)
- Developed a financial consultation back-end (calculation of taxes, interest rates, and more).
- Worked on a UI using WPF for the consultation process.
- Implemented quality-control measures (unit tests).
- Developed a back-end calculating the advanced metrics over the calibration data collected from various high-precision measurement devices.
- Built a login system and infrastructure with access control and user management.
- Designed and implemented a front-end desktop application interface to input and manage calibration data.
Contact Tracing Gateway System for Germanyhttps://www.iris-connect.de/
Bsc Thesis on Fuzzing (Automated Software Testing)https://www.dropbox.com/s/43ovybqfiugen1w/thesis_greshake.pdf?dl=0
There's a blog post about it: https://andreas-zeller.blogspot.com/2019/10/when-results-are-all-that-matters-case.html
Dieter Meurer Award
- Web Security
- Secure Software Engineering
- Security Testing
- Cybersecurity Project
- Security (Advanced Lecture)
- Mobile Security
I'm happy to answer any further questions about the topics covered.
Industrial Software Vulnerabilities
During my work as a penetration tester, I've uncovered many critical software vulnerabilities like this one:
Dell Software Security Acknowledgment Program
C#, Python, C++, Go, SQL, Rust, C, Java
Cryptography, Security Testing, Incident Response, IoT Security, Web App Security
Microsoft Visual Studio, PyCharm, Git, Visual Studio, IntelliJ IDEA, CLion
Concurrent Programming, Penetration Testing, Agile, Software Testing
.NET, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Django, Flask, ASP.NET, .NET Core
Bachelor's Degree in Cybersecurity
Saarland University - Saarbrücken, Germany