Verified Expert in Engineering
With over a decade of experience creating and delivering user-centric applications and solutions, Kashif focuses on providing the best solutions for his clients while following the best coding conventions and avoiding overcooking the solution. Throughout his career, he has been acknowledged as a solution-focused professional with the ability to design and develop innovative applications. Kashif gives his input where it feels right to improve the user experience.
OS X, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Sublime Text 3, Amazon Web Services (AWS), MacOS, Cloud Architecture, OpenAI GPT-4 API
The most amazing...
...web portal I've developed is for reporting and forecasting weather. It helps various municipalities manage their documentation of weather-related operations.
- Started working as a back-end development-only engineer and later performed multiple roles, managing the architecture for the applications, overseeing junior resources, and managing DevOps and CI/CD pipelines.
- Developed an app in Ruby on Rails to automate day-to-day operations covering extreme weather conditions, including an API for a mobile-facing app, a web portal, and UDP-based console device reporting. It helped municipalities handle their operations.
- Handled multiple ongoing projects developed in Ruby on Rails and MEAN/MERN stack and worked on CI/CD pipelines, dealing with incoming updates and new features. Working closely with clients throughout.
- Managed the app infrastructure end DevOps on AWS, including server-based and serverless environments, databases, and reporting. The major services include EC2, RDS, Aurora, Lambda, API Gateway, Cloud watch, and others.
- Built a MEAN stack-based universally compatible salt-tracking system with ground speed control. Worked directly with the client in deciding the technology and architecture with decisions on DB selections to support the requirements in the best way.
- Built GPS tracking apps in Ruby on Rails and MEAN stack that allows reporting for different types of end-users. Added reporting based on the tracking results to serve end-user requirements from reporting required operations to managing regular ones.
- Integrated Google Maps APIs in multiple projects for Ruby on Rails and Angular for live GPS reporting and geofencing purposes. It enabled users to manage their workloads properly while knowing where they needed to put more effort.
- Developed a completely serverless API in Node.js and deployed it on AWS Lambda. The API was built to keep it robust and accurate while performing complex operations within the provided time limits.
- Deployed web servers on Heroku, EC2, and Elastic Beanstalk, depending upon needs. Initially, applications used Heroku, but with increasing requirements, they were moved to EC2, and even higher requirements were managed using EBS.
- Integrated relational and NoSQL databases for different projects. Deployed databases on RDS, Heroku, and MongoDB Atlas. Migrated whole databases from one service to another when required (e.g., Heroku ended support of MongoDB, so moved it to Atlas).
Senior Software Engineer
- Worked on multiple eCommerce portals in Magento and MySQL-based environments.
- Communicated with clients directly to gather information and deliver products.
- Launched more than ten apps in three years for different clients.
- Learned new technologies, including working in different frameworks of PHP and complex MySQL queries.
- Had daily meetings and completed the tasks assigned by the line manager.
- Worked on a variety of projects, including e-restaurant and gift portals.
Uraan Software Solutions
- Learned how to develop professional websites under a team lead.
- Developed portals as a junior developer under a senior lead.
- Learned basic programming techniques and coding conventions while working on actual code.
Winter Web Apphttp://winterwebapp.ograapps.com
The client was an enterprise company working in operations for more than 120 years, with more than 400 municipal members.
The main goal was to automate operations documentation for a whole season, along with weather forecasting, reporting, and alerting the system for extreme weather.
It was a mega project with local governments being its target customers and data volume expected to be getting into TBs.
The development team consisted of up to ten members over time, with roles being divided into architect, developers, the QA team, and a manager.
I worked directly with the client to gather all the requirements and product delivery.
Built Weather tracking system and documentation systems as Rails Engines
The product was built keeping in mind the ability of end users, which could be in any age range up to 70 years.
MTS Pro: Universally Compatible Salt Tracking Systemhttp://portal.mtspro.io
The project was built with a focus on extensibility and durability. The team that worked on the project was composed of four people with a sole architect/developer, graphics designer, QA, and manager. The app was extensible and could be integrated with any other similar app with minimal effort, as the API-based design was carefully crafted to allow this. A salt tracking console device was connected to the system, reporting GPS and salting information via HTTP. The system handled further reporting according to the end user's requirements. The technologies used in this system include a vast range of AWS services like Lambda, Cognito, CloudWatch, S3, etc.
Fieldwhiz: Fleet Management System
• Salesforce Integration
• GPS tracking
• Real-time map plotting
• Routes/geofences defining
• Work-orders management
• Cost calculations
My role varied from being a simple developer initially to an architect for new features and manager/mentor for junior developers.
Automated Vehicle Location Systemhttp://xilitics.com
Asset Panda LLChttps://www.assetpanda.com/
Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby on Rails 4, AngularJS, Angular, Express.js, Angular Material, Bootstrap, Vanilla JS, OAuth 2, CodeIgniter, Slim, Ruby on Rails 5, Yii, Laravel, MUI (Material UI), Redux, NestJS, Next.js, Selenium
Node.js, React, REST APIs, Sidekiq, jQuery, Google Maps, JSON API, RxJS, Rails Engines, Chart.js, Twilio API, Highcharts, AWS Amplify, Devise, Google Maps SDK, Google Geocoding API, API Development, Stripe, Stripe API, PayPal API, OpenAPI, Salesforce Bulk API, Stripe Connect, Vue, React Redux, Shopify API
Sublime Text 3, Amazon CloudWatch, AWS CLI, AWS CloudFormation, AWS IAM, Auth0, Amazon Simple Email Service (SES), Git, Mongoose, Microsoft Access, Docker Compose, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Amazon CloudFront CDN, GitHub, Bitbucket, MySQL Performance Tuning, NGINX, Zsh, Open Office, Amazon EBS, AWS CodeCommit, RSpec, Turbo, Amazon Cognito, RabbitMQ, Beanstalk, GitLab CI/CD, Jira, Figma, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), AWS Glue, Spree, Ansible
MEAN Stack, DevOps, REST, Serverless Architecture, Database Design, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Lambda Architecture, Agile, Requirements Analysis, Automation, Event-driven Architecture, Refactoring, Test Automation, Unit Testing, Test-driven Development (TDD), Microservices, Scrum, Metaprogramming, Business Intelligence (BI)
OS X, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Web, Amazon EC2, AWS Lambda, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Heroku, MacOS, Twilio, DigitalOcean, Safari, Mapbox, Linux, Windows, Docker, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Firebase, Salesforce, New Relic, Kubernetes, Magento API, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Shopify
Databases, PostGIS, MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Redis, Relational Databases, Database Structure, JSON, Database Modeling, MySQL Server, NoSQL, Amazon DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, Microsoft SQL Server
Security, Web Design
Engineering Software, Web Development, AWS Management Console, AWS DevOps, Amazon API Gateway, Amazon RDS, APIs, Full-stack, Back-end Development, CI/CD Pipelines, API Integration, Front-end, Pagination, SaaS, Front-end Development, Web Scraping, Scraping, Angular Component Architecture, Architecture, Maps, JSON REST APIs, Angular Bootstrap, Full-stack Development, Back-end, Software Engineering, Lambda Functions, UI Development, Web Applications, Authentication, Progressive Web Applications (PWA), Cloud, VoIP, Charts, Software Architecture, Data Structures, Twilio Markup Language (TwiML), Software Design, OAuth, Inventory Management, AWS Cloud Architecture, Algorithms, Cloud Platforms, SOAP, Animation, Video Compression, Indexing, Integration, RESTful Services, RDS, Cloud Architecture, Code Review, Estimations, Ruby Gems, Ubuntu Server, System Requirements, System Architecture, IMAP, Deployment, Content Management Systems (CMS), Waterfall Methodology, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Automation Developer, eCommerce APIs, SDKs, Data Architecture, Serverless, AWS Certificate Manager, AWS Marketplace, Amazon Route 53, eCommerce, Salesforce Development Community (SFDC), Localization, Stripe Payments, WebSockets, Data Scraping, DocumentDB, Technical Leadership, HTML5 Animations, Team Mentoring, Communication, Minimum Viable Product (MVP), Multi-language Support, i18n, OpenID Connect (OIDC), Material Design, User Experience (UX), Leadership, Documentation, Intuit QuickBooks, Team Management, Code Auditing, Webhooks, CSS3 Animation, User Interface (UI), MERN Stack, Upgrades, Online Payments, Team Leadership, Technical Project Management, Payment APIs, Consulting, OpenAI GPT-4 API, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Analytics, CRM APIs, POP3
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Punjab University College of Information Technology - Lahore, Pakistan