Verified Expert in Engineering
Apple Pay Developer
Ken is a highly motivated and professional developer with 30 years of experience in the production of commercial desktop applications. Over the past seven years, he has focused on iOS apps, Apple Watch, and Apple TV. He's been the sole engineer on over 25 commercial-quality apps. He delivers.
Objective-C, Swift, Skype, Slack, Git, iOS, Xcode
The most amazing...
...algorithm I've developed is PhotoWave. Created for the photobook product POPSA, it generates a natural-looking layout with a given set of disparate photos.
- Involved in the following:. • Bespoke PDF management/editing. • Bespoke text document management/editing. • Blackjack Apprenticeship). #1 in the App Store. • HomeMD, a medical televise app. • HitchPin is an agriculture-based marketplace. • Bespoke offline mail app.
- Created an algorithm that used AI to layout a phonebook automatically by analyzing the photos for orientation, color, subject matter, date, face recognition, etc.
- Built and maintained a bespoke PDF editor and management application and a note-taking app like EverNote.
Director of Software
- Developed and delivered 24 applications as the primary engineer. Many of these apps were featured by Apple and received excellent reviews.
- Made use of augmented reality for a product developed for Ferrari.
- Developed reusable libraries to speed development.
Senior Technical Manager
America Online (AOL)
- Provided technical leadership for AOL's Macintosh client.
- Developed a framework to integrate browser into client.
- Provided oversight for support calls and reported to executive leadership regarding this.
Chief Technical Officer
- Co-founded the company.
- Built Mac versions of games.
- Led the team on development tasks.
Senior Software Engineer
- Led the development of IBM Word.
- Managed a computer network for the Air Force Global Weather Central in Omaha, Nebraska. Was granted Top Secret/CSI clearance.
I was the sole iOS developer for their iPad/iPhone app used in the field to perform these inspections. It is written in Obj-C, and I am still called upon from time to time for app maintenance.
Custom PDF Editor
It is backed by Dropbox and allows local and cloud file search, file management (move, rename, delete, etc), annotations, and more. It is written from scratch with Swift.
Custom Note Taking App
Written in Swift and backed by Dropbox, it allows the user to create notes, save them to Dropbox, and use global content and title searches, custom macros, voice dictation, and much more.
To use this code, one needs to unzip and open the RotateImage.xcodeproj in the latest version of XCode, run the app in the simulator, and use the buttons to exercise the code.
Aston Martin Apps
100k downloads in 72 hours!
Virgin Atlantic's London City Guide
Dynamo: Magician Impossiblehttps://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151874312305713.862689.53041065712&type=3
The Good Food Guide 2011
Whitakers Almanac Quiz
Whitakers Sports Quiz
Andrew Lloyd Webbers Superstar
The Good Food Guide 2010
Akrapovič Car Exhaust Systemshttps://www.akrapovic.com/#!/multimedia
NOW 70's Quiz
NOW 80's Quiz
NOW 90's Quiz
AFNetworking, Cocoa Touch, Core Data, iOS SDK, UIKit, SwiftUI, Dropzone.js, CloudKit, RealmSwift, StoreKit
Fabric, SnapKit, Alamofire, Parse SDK, Dropbox API, iOS Native Libraries, Twitter API, Facebook API, Stripe API, Core Animation, RxSwift, Stripe
Git, Instruments, Xcode, Crashlytics, Adobe Photoshop, Slack, Skype, SQLiteManager
Model View Viewmodel (MVVM), REST
Mixpanel, iOS, Dropbox, WatchOS, MacOS, Windows, Firebase
JSON, Realm, MySQL, SQLite
Debugging, Apple Pay, PDF, AP, WebSockets, Video Streaming, VMS, HTTP, Development
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University of Nebraska - Lincoln, Nebraska
Associate's Degree in Computer Science
University of Florida - Gainesville