- Founder, President, Lead Architect/DeveloperKMW-Solutions.2010 - PRESENT
Technologies: C++, OpenGL, Perl, PHP, iOS, Objective-C
- KMW-Solutions provides freelance software design and implementation consultation services to clients around the world.
- Worked on many projects across differing systems and languages: Windows GUI programs written in C++ using wxWidgets, OpenGL entertainment application (magic 8-ball simulation), Perl scripts, PHP scripts, iPhone, and iPad applications. KMWSolutions has 8 applications on the app store as of October 2011.
- Senior Software EngineerPerpetually.com LLC (via Toptal)2011 - 2011
- Wrote a binary media file disassembler / parser / transformer / re-assembler tool in Python.
- Added an accelerated "test" web crawl tool (Python/Django).
- Implemented a new back-end web API in Python/Django to accompany a new front-end to Perpetually's system for creating, running, searching, scheduling, and monitoring both full web crawls and test web crawls. Worked closely with Perpetually team members to design and tune the API to suit the front-end's needs. Added new Django models to support the new functionality. Created extensive Python test suites for all new functionality.
- Senior Software EngineerLoytr, Inc. (via Toptal)2011 - 2011
Technologies: iOS, Objective-C
- Wrote a new photo album / photo display module for MyPad for iPad.
- Co-founder, CTOPosylnyi, Inc.2011 - 2011
Technologies: MySQL, PHP, iOS
- Designed and implemented MySQL/PHP back-end system that services both the Posylnyi interactive ordering web site and the Posylnyi iPhone application.
- Designed database schemas to manage menus, customers, orders, couriers, restaurant locations, etc.
- Designed and implemented an iPhone application that provides an appealing, interactive menu ordering system.
- Designed and implemented a custom operator web application that includes Google maps for managing couriers and restaurant locations, and order processing functions.
- Met with and evaluated technical service providers and contractors.
- Graphics ArchitectNVIDIA, Inc.2001 - 2010
Technologies: Internal Technologies
- Fulfilled the role of “Practical Visionary” by placing an emphasis on design and implementation of working tools and systems significantly boosting productivity for large groups of engineers and architects throughout the company.
- Principal EngineerBelieve, Inc.1999 - 2001
- Lead Architect of core system software, architect of software/hardware interface.
- Principal Engineer3dfx Interactive, Inc.1996 - 1999
- Key member of 3dfx’s engineering team.
- Worked with software, QA, hardware, marketing, and sales group members to design and to promote 3dfx’s products.
- Principal EngineerRendition, Inc.1994 - 1996
- Technical lead for Rendition’s 2D graphics effort, including Microsoft Windows.
- Technical LeadKubota Graphics Corporation1992 - 1994
- X server technical lead for three of Kubota’s 3D graphics / imaging subsystems.
- Workstation Systems EngineeringDigital Equipment Corporation1990 - 1992
- Member of Advanced Technology Development’s core X Server group. Wrote and debugged X server code for the DECStation 5000 workstation family’s 2D/3D graphics accelerator cards.
- Unix ProgrammerLawrence Berkeley Laboratory1985 - 1987
- Designed and implemented a font editor for the Versatec printer/plotter’s font files that allows the interactive creation, deletion, modification, and inspection of the glyphs in each font.