Senior Technical Consultant2014 - PRESENTEngine Group APAC
Technologies: PyCharm, MacOS, HTML, Database Modeling, SQL DML, SQL DDL, Data Modeling, T-SQL, Windows, PySpark, Pandas, Big Data, Databases, SQL, Data Queries, Apache Spark, Python, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Power BI
- Designed, programmed, and supported back-end databases for various projects for government and private sector organizations.
- Worked with big data technogoliges like Apache Spark, Python, and Pandas to produce BI/reports for a large enterprise.
- Devised coding standards for SQL Server stored procedures, SQL, and user-defined functions.
- Rewrote several poorly-performing databases to dramatically improve their performance.
- Integrated data from several sources to provide a holistic view of customer behavioral data, browsing habits, survey responses, and more.
- Created analytics/reports such as correlations, NPS, cross-tabulations, trends, and theming verbatim responses for various projects.
- Created analytics and business intelligence dashboards and reports using Microsoft Power BI.
Senior Database Developer2013 - 2014Salmat
- Wrote the SQL/T-SQL code for the BI reporting of a communications system for large, Australia-based enterprises.
- Rewrote and performance-tuned various slow-performing routines.
- Created data integration pipelines using SSIS.
Software Engineer2002 - 2013State Bank of Pakistan
- Worked as part of the design-and-development team for credit eCIB (Credit Information Bureau). Primarily worked on Oracle SQL and PL/SQL technologies.
- Developed and designed a system to maintain the inventory and drawing of the government's prize bonds scheme; I also traveled and deployed this system across all locations in the country.
- Designed and programmed back-end databases for several projects using Oracle SQL and PL/SQL technologies.
Software Engineer2000 - 2002Gulnet
- Wrote a utility using Oracle Forms APIs that opened, modified, compiled, and saved the Oracle Forms modules. This utility saved hundreds of hours of manual work for the company.
- Worked as part of the development teams for various modules including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and inventory. Mainly worked on Oracle technologies including SQL, PL/SQL, and Oracle Forms and Reports.
Database Developer1998 - 2000Fauji Software Company Islamabad
Technologies: Data Modeling, Database Modeling, Oracle Reports, Oracle Forms, Oracle Forms & Reports, Oracle SQL, Oracle, PL/SQL, SQL
- Developed Oracle database queries, forms, and reports for enterprise-scale projects.
- Created a utility that automatically documented and created a data dictionary from underlying database objects.
- Contributed to developing coding standards for the company's software development division.