Senior Data Consultant2014 - PRESENTEngine Group
Technologies: Data Modeling, T-SQL, PySpark, Big Data, SQL, Data Queries, Apache Spark, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Power BI, Azure Databricks, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure, Data Engineering, Data Architecture
- Actively involved in data architecture and strategy, designing end-to-end data platform solutions from discovery, ingestion, integration/ETL/ELT, transformations and data wrangling, modeling and star schema design, analytics, and BI reporting.
- Worked on Microsoft SQL Server, TSQL, Microsoft Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse Analytics. Wrote ETL and ELT pipelines.
- Devised coding standards for SQL Server stored procedures, SQL, and user-defined functions.
- Rewrote several poorly-performing databases to dramatically improve their performance.
- Integrated data from several sources to provide a holistic view of customer behavioral data, browsing habits, survey responses, and more.
- Created analytics reports such as correlations, NPS, cross-tabulations, trends, and theming verbatim responses for various projects.
- Created analytics and business intelligence dashboards and reports using Microsoft Power BI.
Senior Consultant - Data and BI2013 - 2014Salmat
Technologies: Data Modeling, Big Data, Databases, SQL, Data Queries, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), T-SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Data Engineering, Data Architecture
- Designed end-to-end data integration and ETL pipelines to ingest data from various sources.
- Wrote Microsoft SQL Server (SQL, TSQL, Stored Procedures) code for the BI reporting of a communications system for large, Australia-based enterprises.
- Rewrote SQL queries to improve performance by more than 100% in some cases.
Software Engineer2002 - 2013State Bank of Pakistan
- Worked as part of the design-and-development team for credit eCIB (Credit Information Bureau). Primarily worked on Oracle SQL and PL/SQL technologies.
- Developed and designed a system to maintain the inventory and drawing of the government's prize bonds scheme; I also traveled and deployed this system across all locations in the country.
- Designed and programmed back-end databases for several projects using Oracle SQL and PL/SQL technologies.
Software Engineer2000 - 2002Gulnet
- Wrote a utility using Oracle Forms APIs that opened, modified, compiled, and saved the Oracle Forms modules. This utility saved hundreds of hours of manual work for the company.
- Worked as part of the development teams for various modules including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and inventory. Mainly worked on Oracle technologies including SQL, PL/SQL, and Oracle Forms and Reports.
- Managed a small team of Oracle SQL and PL/SQL developers.
Database Developer1998 - 2000Fauji Software Company Islamabad
Technologies: Data Modeling, Database Modeling, Oracle Reports, Oracle Forms, Oracle Forms & Reports, Oracle SQL, Oracle, PL/SQL, SQL
- Developed Oracle database queries, forms, and reports for enterprise-scale projects.
- Created a utility that automatically documented and created a data dictionary from underlying database objects.
- Contributed to developing coding standards for the company's software development division.