Senior Technical Consultant2014 - PRESENTEngine Group APAC
Technologies: Apache Spark, Python, Microsoft SQL Server
- Designed, programmed, and supported back-end databases for various projects for government and private sector organizations.
- Worked with big data technogoliges like Apache Spark, Python, and Pandas to produce BI/reports for a large enterprise.
- Devised coding standards for SQL Server stored procedures, SQL, and user-defined functions.
- Rewrote several poorly-performing databases to improve the performance by many folds.
- Integrated data from several sources to provide a holistic view of customer behavioral data, browsing habits, survey responses, and more.
- Created analytics/reports such as correlations, NPS, cross-tabulations, trends, and theming verbatim responses for various projects.
Senior Database Developer2013 - 2014Salmat
Technologies: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), T-SQL, SQL, Microsoft SQL Server
- Wrote the SQL/T-SQL code for the BI reporting of a communications system for large, Australia-based enterprises.
- Rewrote and performance-tuned various slow-performing routines.
- Created data integration pipelines using SSIS.
Software Engineer2002 - 2013State Bank of Pakistan
Technologies: PHP, PL/SQL, SQL, Oracle
- Worked as part of the design-and-development team for credit eCIB (Credit Information Bureau). Primarily worked on Oracle SQL and PL/SQL technologies.
- Developed and designed a system to maintain the inventory and drawing of the government's prize bonds scheme; I also traveled and deployed this system across all locations in the country.
- Designed and programmed back-end databases for several projects using Oracle SQL and PL/SQL technologies.
Software Engineer2000 - 2002Gulnet
Technologies: Oracle Forms & Reports, PL/SQL, Oracle SQL
- Wrote a utility using Oracle Forms APIs that opened, modified, compiled, and saved the Oracle Forms modules. This utility saved hundreds of hours of manual work for the company.
- Worked as part of the development teams for various modules including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and inventory. Mainly worked on Oracle technologies including SQL, PL/SQL, and Oracle Forms and Reports.