Kornél Bálint Kátai
Verified Expert in Engineering
AWS DevOps Developer
In a nutshell, Kornél is a computer science enthusiast. For over the past decade, he’s been developing enterprise systems and delivering quality solutions. Kornél finds his work extremely rewarding and likes to find people who are equally demanding when it comes down to finding the best design and solution to the problem at hand. He particularly enjoys working on automation (DevOps FTW), distributed system design, and anything to do with .NET.
React, Visual Studio, .NET Core, Git, Windows
The most amazing...
...project I've coded is a workflow-oriented microservices system providing capability sharing and automated communication for product acquisitions.
Senior Software Engineer
Amazon Fulfillment Services
- Designed and developed various components and systems which are under NDA.
Software Development Manager
- Led a seven-person product delivery team and a ten-person R&D team using Agile/Scrum.
- Hosted coding competitions like coding dojos and hackathons.
- Developed an OAuth 2 implicit grant cross-product SSO solution using Swift, Android SDK, ASP.NET MVC, and Federated Identity.
- Introduced DevOps to the company advocating containerization, delivery pipelines, and continuous delivery.
Eotvos Lorand University of Science
- Taught software technologies, formal languages, and validation through mathematical modeling to computer science undergraduates.
- Designed and developed an internal document management solution using Node.js, CoffeeScript, Express.js, Knockout.js, Mocha, SCSS, and CouchDB.
- Developed an extension to an existing cartography solution to mine, process and display weather-related data from various sources using Java, Spring Batch, KML, SLD, WMS, ANSI Grid ESRII, GeoServer, and Oracle.
- Designed and implemented a scalable RESTful service layer which supports the digitalization of scanned document processing, providing quality improvement, OCR, content recognition and signing using ASP.NET Web API, Hangfire, ImageGear, and ABBYY Recognition Server.
- Designed and developed the complete revamp of the CMS, management surface, and customer-facing front-end site of a major Hungarian news site using ASP.NET MVC, Knockout.js, and CouchDB.
- Developed an automated synchronization solution between Active Directory and a proprietary account management system.
Senior Software Development Engineer
Harris BG-COM International
- Worked as part of the broadcast division and was involved in the development process of various components of a television studio and broadcast management platform.
- Created an AOP annotation-based framework over WPF .NET to automate default data binding behavior of view models.
- Worked on optimization of massively multi-threaded backend processes written in C++.
- Reverse-engineered and documented the socket-based communication protocol of a proprietary back-end service.
- Designed and developed the data persistence layer of a studio management front-end application.
Software Development Engineer
- Developed a reporting system and data visualization toolkit for a major ads company in Germany to provide data for ad targeting.
- Created a company communication tool embedded in Windows tray using WPF .NET and COM.
News Site Revamphttps://hvg.hu
.NET Core, ASP.NET Core 2, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Express.js, Entity Framework Core, OAuth 2, Windows Communication Framework (WCF), Knockout (Knockout.js), .NET, ASP.NET Web Forms, ASP.NET MVC, AngularJS, Spring Batch, Spring, Angular
React, REST APIs, Node.js, Managed Extensibility Framework (MEF), Entity Framework, ATL, Infragistics
Git, PostSharp, RabbitMQ, Visual Studio, Hangfire
RESTful Development, DevOps, Agile Project Management, Parallel Programming
Docker, Windows, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux
Couchbase, OrientDB, Cassandra, Microsoft SQL Server, Neo4j, Redis, Elasticsearch, GeoServer
AWS DevOps, Software Development, Networks, Design, Distributed Systems, COM, Microsoft Azure, Identity, Apache Cassandra
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Eotvos Lorand University of Science - Budapest, Hungary