Verified Expert in Engineering
Salesforce Commerce Cloud Developer
Kristian is a senior full-stack developer with extensive experience in the eCommerce domain. He has specialized in Salesforce Commerce Cloud (formerly known as Demandware) for 8+ years. Kristian is an expert in payment gateways, payment methods, fraud detection systems, tax calculation, and order management systems.
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on was an SFCC multi-realm for an international luxury brand. I handled DevOps, release management, and payment integrations.
Salesforce B2C Commerce Release Manager and Team Lead
- Created user stories, gathered technical information, and provided implementation details for other team members. Supported them with code reviews and regular technical meetings.
- Facilitated the release process from end-to-end. Prepared development environment provisioning for team members, which reduced the onboarding time.
- Managed release cycles and prepared go-live documentation. Set up fully automated deployments and code checks via Bitbucket Pipelines, which enabled fast iterations.
- Implemented a custom integration cartridge for ApplePay payments, providing full customization for shipping/billing address validation. Integrated it with Adyen and Cybersource payment gateways. Orders increased by 10% after deploying it.
- Migrated multiple sites from Cybersource to Adyen payment gateway. Created the release plan, data transfer strategy, and rollback plan.
- Integrated real-time order status updates from NewStore OMS to SFCC, thus automating the completion or cancellation of orders based on their delivery status.
- Implemented scheduled jobs for order status updates from SAP to SFCC. Payments were updated based on the order delivery status; for example, partially/fully captured, canceled, authorization-released, or refunded.
- Integrated Forter fraud detection with Adyen and Cybersource, which substantially reduced fraudulent orders.
Salesforce B2C Commerce Tech Lead
- Implemented one of the first migrations from Demandware Pipelines to the newly introduced Controllers. Created a backend-for-frontend, connecting a React storefront and Demandware via Open Commerce API (OCAPI) and custom API endpoints.
- Migrated controller-based projects to Storefront Reference Architecture (SFRA). Supported the project discovery, estimation, and work breakdown structure.
- Implemented a Demandware connector for MuleSoft, wrapping the OCAPI endpoints.
- Facilitated the scrum ceremonies as scrum master and led a team of five for a Dutch suits company.
- Integrated external services and migrated the existing ones on the SFCC built-in service framework.
- Migrated jobs from a custom job framework to SFCC's built-in jobs.
- Integrated Riskified fraud detection software to reduce payment fraud.
- Integrated automated tax calculation services with AvaTax.
- Redesigned Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics setups for a multi-realm and multi-county client. Created an end-to-end flow for developers to implement changes to tracking tags. Prepared easy-to-use tags, variables, and triggers.
Salesforce B2C Commerce Senior Developer
- Developed a real-time inventory check integration for George.com (formerly ASDA). Customers could check a product's availability in the nearest store and reserve it for in-store pickup with an option to pay immediately or upon delivery.
- Participated in and supported the migration of the order management system (OMS), payment methods, and delivery tracking from SAP to Walmart's Pangea platform.
- Developed and supported the web-based eCommerce applications on the Demandware eCommerce platform.
- Developed and customized WordPress themes and plugins. Created Facebook-like gated experiences and customized discount management solutions. Migrated projects from SVN to Git and developed an in-house MVC framework.
- Implemented a 48-hour ad campaign for Skittles on Facebook. The subscribers of the Facebook page could choose a Skittle color to put in a big rainbow, which was streamed live.
- Implemented a discount management platform for a loan company.
International Luxury Leather Brand
As the tech lead and release manager, I streamlined the workflow and collaboration by introducing regular meetings, setting clear expectations, and fully automating the end-to-end release process. These actions allowed for faster and more reliable iterations.
Git, Salesforce Commerce Cloud (SFCC), Google Analytics, Slack, Jira, Adyen Payments, Bitbucket, Eclipse IDE
Demandware, Windows, Linux, WordPress, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), MacOS
Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Redis
CI/CD Pipelines, Google Tag Manager, Payment APIs, Programming, Web Development, Headless Commerce, Fraud Prevention, Order Management, Code Review, Release Management, Deployment, Technical Leadership, Storefront Reference Architecture (SFRA), Team Leadership
Node.js, OCAPI, CyberSource, PayPal API, React
Scrum, Kanban, DevOps
Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering
Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski - Sofia, Bulgaria
Saleforce Certified B2C Commerce Developer
Demandware Solution Support (SFCC)
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring