Verified Expert in Engineering
Kun is a front-end engineer with over four years of professional experience, currently working at TikTok. Passionate about his deliverables, he focuses on building performant and modern web products with delightful user experiences. Kun advocates the integration of social media, eCommerce, usability, and SEO into the products to increase growth potential.
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Vue, Vuex, React, HTML, Sass, Tailwind CSS, WordPress
The most amazing...
...app I've developed is a data connector add-on that allows users to connect different application data to Google Sheets. It is a featured company product.
- Revamped the campaign creation experience for advertisers in the Creator Marketplace in collaboration with the product manager and UX designer, which increased the order conversion rate.
- Engineered UX components for key functional parts like the creator shortlist and the open application.
- Expanded the US front-end team by mentoring a new joiner and two interns.
- Ensured product quality by adding end-to-end tests using the company-specific end-to-end library.
- Used Vue.js And Nuxt.js for desktop-creator marketplace website development and server-side rendering; and React for mobile in-app web-view development.
- Expanded the connectivity ability of the company's product to the web building the enterprise UI in Google Sheets and Google Data Studio with Vue.js.
- Revamped the company's product help documentation experience and changed build-flow to use modern static site generators.
- Supported and maintained the company website's front and back end.
Part-time Web Developer
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Developed and implemented a lab website from scratch.
- Deployed the lab's projects using the Carolina CloudApps platform and added data metrics that revealed longer web page engagement periods.
- Extended WordPress and Drupal-based web projects as part of my role.
- Assisted with archiving, curating, and updating web-based projects.
- Shipped new features and added enhancements to Prospect, a Vue-based data visualization tool developed by the team.
TikTok Creator Marketplacehttps://creatormarketplace.tiktok.com/
CData Connector for Google Sheetshttps://www.cdata.com/labs/googlesheets/
Carolina Digital Humanitieshttps://cdh.unc.edu/
Vue, Vuex, React
Figma, Webpack, Google Sheets
WordPress, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Red Hat OpenShift
Data Structures, User Experience (UX), Information Science, Algorithms, Computer Networking, Google Data Studio
Tailwind CSS, ASP.NET, Nuxt.js
Master's Degree in Information Science
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill - Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Introduction to Computer Networking
Stanford University | via Stanford Online