Lakhwinder Singh Virk
Verified Expert in Engineering
Lakhwinder is a skilled mobile developer who started his career in 2011. With over a decade of experience, he has specialized in creating and working on mobile apps from scratch and existing ones using various technologies such as React Native, Swift, Objective C, and more. Also, he's worked on web development using technologies such as React and Node.js. Overall, his extensive portfolio and expertise make him a valuable asset to any organization or project he becomes a part of.
MacOS, WebStorm, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Slack, Skype, Xcode, Android Studio, SourceTree
The most amazing...
...achievement I've accomplished was building a range of apps covering health—pregnancy, calcium calculator, and disabled people—food delivery, and entertainment.
Lead Mobile Developer | Courier Team
- Led the development and monitored the courier app used by more than 40,000 users daily.
- Implemented the automation build process with CI/CD, significantly improving the techniques. Also used Fastlane and CircleCI for the automation build process.
- Built an app to manage different tenants for all other products and environments. The app is used for four products, including SkipTheDishes in Canada, Just Eat in the UK, Rider in Ireland, and Menulog in Australia and New Zealand.
- Developed a few health applications related to pregnancy and medication-related web apps. These helped me to implement the security and protection of data more securely; although, I mostly worked on the front-end side.
- Used Asana, Jira, and Trello for project management; the Agile methodology was also an integral part of our processes (which I received a lot of training as well).
- Developed a few big applications like Ducks Unlimited Canada and Hope Pregnancy apps and the G3 project on framing which went on to become very successful products for the company.
Mobile Team Lead
CS Soft Solutions Pvt Ltd
- Developed and designed an app related to movies, ticket booking, and fetching celeb facts; used MVC and built this app for iPhone, iPad, watchOS, and tvOS.
- Collaborated with several clients on a range of projects, including creating a custom robust library that supported all the basic functionalities that every developer used. It was built with iOS Swift and contained abstraction and extension to create reusable code.
- Worked as a team lead and managed many projects simultaneously while keeping everyone on the same track.
Digitech Software Solutions
- Started my career in iOS development and developed small applications individually and with a team.
- Tracked and fixed bug using Trello and Asana and used Fabric for crashlytics.
- Used a graphing library to make graphs for iPhone applications like Profit Poker.
Pelipost | Photos to Prisonhttps://www.pelipost.com
This app came to us full of bugs and originated from a CS Soft Solutions client who was unhappy with their previous developers. By fixing almost everything and adding substantial improvements, I got this iOS Swift app to work properly. The client was fantastic to work with thanks to the effort he put in and the app is extremely popular now.
The Android app was built by another developer.
Whodunnit: Murder Mystery Gamehttps://www.whdun.it
This is my personal app that's available for both iOS and Android.
This app already has more than 50,000 users and made more than US$12,000 so far. The idea and content belong to Javier Negrete and we are partners in this project. I made this application completely from scratch.
The iOS app was built in Swift and we used React Native for the Android version. We used PHP and SQLite for the back end.
For a client, I worked on this project within Tactica Interactive. It came to me already built, and we were tasked to make changes. Soon after, they discovered that they liked my work, so I continued to make improvements, build new features based on locations, and develop the back end.
The front end was built with iOS Swift and the back end with Node.js and MongoDB.
Masters of Mindfulnesshttps://www.exceptionallifeinstitute.com
This was a part-time freelance project where I worked with Monica and her team, Andrew and Sophia (a great team to work with). I built this app from scratch—this covered everything to do with development, including the back end, while Andrew provided the app designs.
The app was built for both native iOS and Android. The front end was built with iOS Swift and Android Java. The back end was made with PHP with a SQL database and hosted on AWS.
Hope Pregnancy App
This app was built while working with Tactica Interactive. The application carries extremely sensitive data so many security measures were adopted.
I used React for the front end and Ruby on Rails on the back end.
SkipTheDishes | Deliver and Earnhttps://couriers.skipthedishes.com/login
I've worked in the courier team since I joined SkipTheDishes and am currently working as a senior developer, implementing most of the fixes.
React Native, MUI (Material UI), Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ionic, PhoneGap
React, CocoaPods, Node.js, Stripe API
Xcode, WebStorm, Slack, Skype, Android Studio, SourceTree, Interface Builder, Mongoose, CircleCI, Fastlane, Jira, SwiftLint, JSLint
iOS, MacOS, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Firebase, Heroku, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Android
IAP SDK, Mobile Apps, Software Development, Client Management, Team Management, Performance Management, Web App Development, Push Notifications, HostGator, iOS Mobile Device Management (MDM), CI/CD Pipelines, ESLint, CSS5, Food Delivery Services, Code Review, Source Code Review, Bug Fixes
Design Patterns, Agile Software Development
MongoDB, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), SQLite
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Punjab Technical University - Punjab, India