Front-end Developer2018 - 2019Syllable
Technologies: React, Redux, Node, Docker
- Developed an embedded AI-driven chat app for hospitals and organization. My focus was to deliver cross-browser implementations with great visual quality and consistency. Also worked on many POC and dashboard applications.
Full-stack Engineer2017 - 2017Mariner Exchange
Technologies: Ember, CSS, Python, SEO, Data Analysis, Data Science
- Refactored major parts of the system to support proper URL and search engine crawling of the site.
- Improved site traffic using SEO techniques.
- Used data analysis to help design data features like Top Locations, Top Services, and recommendations.
Senior Front-end Developer2016 - 2017Trumaker (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ember, RoR
- Reimplemented a user interface for an existing eCommerce platform.
- Developed features and fixed bugs.
- Optimized performance.
- Migrated the whole codebase from Ember 1.12 to Ember 2.13.
Front-end Developer2015 - 2016Medify, Ltd. (via Toptal)
- Built an online exam app for university applicants in the UK. Fully backed with unit and acceptance testing, currently on production and being used by thousands of users.
- Supported multiple browsers and ecosystems.
- Built CSS from scratch using Flexbox and top-notch technologies.
- Provided integration and acceptance testing for all of the app's features.
Ember Front-end Developer2015 - 2015Cropster (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ember, Cordova, Offline Apps
- Built an MVP of a hybrid app for coffee cupping.
- Used the latest CSS3 technologies to be fully adaptable across devices (Flexbox).
- Tested using Apple TestFlight with real customers.
- Designed the app to work offline and automatically sync to the server.
- Built on top of Cordova to be portable across platforms.
- Submitted to the Apple iTunes store for beta testing.
Front-end Developer2015 - 2015DoubleBit Consulting (via Toptal)
Technologies: AngularJS, Bootstrap, RoR, REST
- Built a CRM platform for the roofing industry.
- Focused on implementing new features for an MVP release.
- Implemented Gitflow and code reviews as a quality rule.
Front-end Developer2014 - 2015Monsoon (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ember.js, Bootstrap, Ruby on Rails, InVision
- Implemented designs into an existing Ember.js app.
- Fixed features that weren't styled to better match designs.
- Handled cross-browser testing and fixes.
- Implemented features as a part of a Scrum team.
Front-end Responsive Designer2014 - 2014GroupVitals (via Toptal)
Technologies: Bootstrap 3, Font Awesome, jQuery, HTML, CSS, Git, Codeship, Laravel, MySQL
- Handled UI design and implementation.
- Converted from PSD to HTML.
- Handled general bug fixing.
- Implemented performance optimizations.
Senior Front-end Developer2011 - 2014Intel Corporation
- Designed the CSS and HTML framework used since release 3.4 of the Intel AppUp Store Center.
- Designed and implemented the branding and customization framework used for many Intel partner stores.
- Prototyped for usability tests for several internal projects that are used to showcase many technologies to outside stakeholders.
- Evangelized CSS at Intel ASDC Argentina.
- Developed multiplatform mobile prototypes using Intel XDK.
Instructor2011 - 2013Capacitacion IT
Technologies: HTML5, UI Design
- Worked as HTML5 trainer for over two years leveling up people from different areas such as design, developers, and communicators.
- Worked as a user experience trainer for over a year.
Web Developer2010 - 2011Manpower
- Developed the first Intel AppUp store UI based on HTML5 technologies that served as a prototype for future releases.
Web Developer2009 - 2010Adventure Sports Holidays
- Worked as an end-to-end developer doing new features and handling bug fixes.
- Created an automated backup system using Cron Jobs and Bash to keep MySQL dumps safe on other servers.
- Generated reports from transactions, for example: “Best seller suppliers for the last month.”.
- Handled PSD to HTML translation for several pages of the company.
- Created a PHP MVC framework for internal use that met a particular set of requirements for the company.
Systems Developer2007 - 2009Contractor at FEMUCOR
- Developed an administration ecosystem for FEMUCOR Argentina (OMG), a client-server based solution developed with Python and Linux.
- Developed a paperwork administration and task scheduling system.
- Created an entities administration, querying, and reporting tool.
- Developed a payments and account balances system.
- Handled server and client installation, configuration, and administration based on Linux/Windows.
- Created a mailing system for entities with overdue pay balances.
Co-owner in Sales and IT Services2006 - 2007Condhor Hardware
Technologies: Linux, Windows, Networks, Hardware
- Resold hardware and managed stock.
- Created IT services based on Windows and Linux.
- Handled network configuration and administration.
- Consulted about hardware and software products.
Visual Studio Developer (Contract)2002 - 2004Pizza 12
Technologies: Visual Studio
- Created a point-of-sale system based on the Windows platform.
- Developed the communication driver to be able to use Fiscal printers.
- Created a stock system to be used by the administration based on point of sale information.
- PostCSS Plugin (Development)https://github.com/laureanoarcanio/postcss-shades-of-gray
This plugin removes unneeded similar grey color from a CSS file and replaces them with the closest from a given set of grays.
- CSS Layout Techniques Explained (Development)https://github.com/laureanoarcanio/css-layout-examples
A sample project exploring CSS classic layout techniques compared to Flexbox and GridLayout.
- Advanced CSS Toptal Academy Talk (Other amazing things)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQLEq-TmOzQ&t=12s
Live talk streamed worldwide about Advanced CSS techniques. Exploring Classic, CSS3, Flexbox, and Grid techniques for layout.
- CapitalLetter jQuery Plugin (Development)https://github.com/laureanoarcanio/capitalletter
I created this plugin to facilitate the use of capital letter style for designers and developers. It has been adopted by many people around the world by now.
- Elastic Layout (Responsive Implementation) (Development)https://github.com/laureanoarcanio/elastic-layout
Code samples created for a talk about this state-of-the-art technique for achieving responsiveness with a new set of (forgotten) techniques.
- Website Front-end Presentation Layer (Development)
Worked as a part of an amazing Scrum team doing front-end development work and focusing on the presentation layer.
- Group Ministry Web App Front-end (Development)http://www.groupvitals.com/
Worked as a part of an end-to-end team doing design and front-end for this awesome group ministry app.
- CSS Layout Tutorial: From Classic Approaches to the Latest Techniques (Publication)Mastering CSS is an absolute necessity for any solid web designer or developer. This tutorial walks you through the fundamentals of CSS layout principles, from classic CSS2 techniques to the latest approaches in CSS3. Learn more about how to leverage all that CSS has to offer in order to optimize both the user’s experience and the quality of your code.
Libraries/APIsReact, Vue.js, jQuery, Node.js
OtherUser Interface (UI), Data Analysis
ParadigmsData Science, Event-driven Programming, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Test-driven Development (TDD), Behavior-driven Development (BDD)
- Bachelor's (in progress) degree in Graphic Design2010 - 2015IES Siglo 21 - Cordoba, Argentina
- Partially completed bachelor's degree in Physics2004 - 2007FAMAF - Cordoba, Argentina