- AngularJS DeveloperPrototype1 (via Toptal)2014 - 2015
Technologies: AngularJS, jQuery, ASP.NET
- Took part in an amazingly fast development process. Prepared all UI prototypes and completed the entire AngularJS project in around 2 weeks with me as the sole developer.
- Wrote a number of AngularJS directives for UI elements and effects. Made sure that the AngularJS production app had all the desired eye-catching elements, and was still fast and stable at the same time.
- Lead DeveloperAddalyst.com (via Toptal)2014 - 2014
Technologies: Java, AngularJS, MySQL, Amazon EC2
- Finished the project extremely rapidly due to a budget limit, but still managed to pack in a lot of features. Successfully allotted 3 weeks for development and 1 week for testing. Implemented enough features for the business to run, including customer management, live chat, staff management, blog, and payment.
- Built Addalyst.com with lightweight technologies: single-page application with AngularJS, MySQL, and Jetty, and hosted on Amazon EC2 with a minimal configuration (and the lowest cost).
- Java DeveloperFreelance2012 - 2014
Technologies: Java, Swing, Java Robot, Google App Engine, Amazon EC2
- Worked with light and open source technologies like jQuery, embedded Jetty, AngularJS, Bootstrap, OrientDB, and more.
- Trained myself to be more responsible and reliant when communicating with customers directly.
- Worked in the retail management domain. Worked on almost all parts of the development process from business analysis to testing and deployment.
- Senior Java DeveloperDjavaFactory, Malaysia2011 - 2012
Technologies: Java, Servlet, JSP
- Worked with a number DJavaFactory's customers in banking and telecom domains.
- Worked with both old technologies (Servlets, legacy systems, in-house frameworks) and new ones (REST, Agile development).
- Technical Team Leader, Java Senior Software ArchitectFPT-Software Vietnam2004 - 2011
- Developed a web application for managing software development bugs.
- Created a Java language analyzing tool to facilitate maintenance projects.
- Joined in on various time-critical projects to quickly help the team to meet deadlines.
- Presented many technical topics to other employees.
- Took part in many project architecture meetings to help brainstorming.
- Traveled to many countries for requirement analysis and on-site development.
- Off-shore Office Team LeaderArcSight - Cupertino, California (via FPT-Software)2009 - 2010
- Served as the decision-making qualified resource for ArcSight as they opened their first offshore office in Vietnam. Made use of my skills in Java programming, fluent English, and especially advanced regular expressions to assist the ArcSight manager.
- Developed an Eclipse-like editor for a language used in their security software, greatly boosting the quality and development speed of their product. Reduced labor requirements to 30% of what they were.
- Led the off-shore office in Vietnam to produce 130% of the expected performance with only 70% of the cost after one year of development. Increased the number of employees for the office.
- Worked with clients in their office in Cupertino. Attended the 2009 JavaOne Conference in San Francisco.
- Senior Off-Shore Java DeveloperTripwire - Portland, Oregon (via FPT-Software)2009 - 2009
- Worked for Tripwire, a major global player in the security software field.
- Conducted research to help Tripwire investigate available technologies and security APIs and decide which to apply to their security product.
- Worked in client offices in Portland, Oregon.
- Senior Java DeveloperFirium - Malaysia2008 - 2009
Technologies: Java, Servlet JSP, Hibernate, Struts 2, jQuery
- Worked in-house for a major Telecom provider in Malaysia (DIGI). Helped maintain, develop, and perform data analysis on a JBoss/JMS system for servicing and dispatching mobile reload requests from the entire country.
- Worked in-house for 4 major banks in Malaysia. Developed and maintained a system used internally to manage retirement accounts.
- Gave architectural suggestions for future development of the banking system. Developed the proposal system using jQuery and Struts 2.
- Developed a data inputting automation tool that helped to save manual typing of millions of records into a legacy system only supporting manual data input. Used Java, Swing, and Java Robot. Implemented the tool to run on Windows.
- Was constantly required to work under stress and manage a high volume of work as the company was in difficult time and could not allocate enough resources for all the urgent customers. Showed great responsibility and self-motivation. Made sure to always finish the job and never complain to the managers, who were already swamped.
- Gained extensive work experience and many professional and personal friends during my year with Firium.
- Java DeveloperCedar HR (via FPT-Software), England2006 - 2007
Technologies: Java, JSP, Oracle UIX, ADF
- Worked for Cedar HR, a company developing a variety of software for the police force in England. Worked on their products that provide essential services for managing human resources, from educating to dispatching suitable units for each mission.
- Attended many architecture and requirement analysis meetings and gave valuable suggestions, despite being the youngest employee in the client's office.
- Helped provide valuable data analysis statistics from their production system by running self-written analysis software against the system's big log files.
- Worked with many different technologies, including ADF/UIX, Oracle Form, and PL/SQL.