WordPress Developer2020 - PRESENTDiscover Healing
- Conducted an extensive initial audit of site issues, including optimization and security.
- Optimized the WordPress installation to diagnose and fixed many performance issues.
- Achieved an average Core Web Vitals score of 96/100 sitewide.
- Performed complete plugin performance review and reduced the number of used plugins by 20%.
- Coded extensive custom changes to the "My Account" area of WooCommerce, including easy user avatars.
- Coded a customized advanced permissions system to extend WordPress's roles and capabilities system.
- Installed security plugins, instigated security procedures, and documented security practices.
Freelance Full-stack Developer2019 - 2020The Creation Station
- Developed enterprise level franchise management software along with a beautiful customer-facing front-end. All powered by WordPress.
- Designed the software architecture and framework (Azure, Kubernetes).
- Developed the back end (WordPress with custom plugins).
- Designed the front end (custom WordPress template with Bulma CSS).
- Integrated the system with various third-party providers (InfusionSoft, Stripe, WooBox).
- Streamlined aspects of their current email marketing automation.
- Trained their staff and created comprehensive documentation.
- Performed extensive customization of WooCommerce, including a recurring payments module.
Freelance Web Developer2019 - 2019Clear Factor Ltd
- Created a slick, well-targeted brand for the company and established their web presence.
- Ensured the hosting setup was secure and monitored, with a custom-built WordPress to CDN deployment plugin.
- Designed the logo and branding.
- Project-managed the website launch with other developers.
- Designed the documentation (Lightpaper and Whitepaper).
- Set up email marketing (Amazon SES, Email Octopus).
Freelance Full-stack Developer2019 - 2019TFC Leisure Ltd
- Designed the Friday Night Fives subsection of the website.
- Set up the WordPress back end with custom post types, fields, and page templates.
- Set up the payment gateway and integrated it with the site.
- Created a super-fast Vue.js front-end to serve fixture results.
- Integrated the site with an aging legacy PHP framework.
- Trained their staff and created system documentation.
- Optimized the SEO of the website and set up analytics reporting.
- Created a new web API using the Laravel PHP framework.
Technical Co-founder2018 - 2019Block Influence Limited
- Co-founded Block Influence and worked as the technical co-founder. I left the company in 2019.
- Designed the logo and created the complete company branding.
- Created and designed the website and set up the WordPress back-end with custom caching and user registration.
- Created a successful off-site SEO campaign with several top-three rankings achieved.
- Used the Twitter API to create a database of influencers in the sphere and ran a custom algorithm to rank them in order of influence.
Technical Co-Founder2017 - 2018MatchedBetting.com
- I co-founded Matched Betting and worked as the technical co-founder.
- I did all design and development.
- I setup an extensive WordPress backend with many custom features.
- I setup and configured the membership system with different levels.
- I setup and ran the email marketing system.
- I build the community forum and ran it successfully (1000+ members).
- I built custom WordPress plugins.
- I ran successful SEO campaigns to build traffic and community.
Freelance Technical Lead2003 - 2018Powerleague Group
- Acted as the project manager for the relaunch of Powerleague's website. Worked as a facilitator between the various stakeholders, specifically the design and development agencies and the management team.
- Brought the project in on time and within budget.
- Saw a six-time increase in eCommerce sales and went on to oversee all online demand generation.
- Programmed Playermatch's player-matching system using PHP, CodeIgniter, and jQuery as part of the launch.
- Handled paid traffic using Adwords, Facebook, and email marketing with Dotmailer and Campaign Monitor for the whole group in 2017/2018.
- Provided ongoing technical support and development for the Powerplay brand over many years.