- Full-Stack Developer2013 - PRESENTSCVSoft
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, AngularJS, Capistrano, Puppet, MySQL, SMACSS, Twitter Bootstrap
- Developed an internal suite of Gems that built up a framework to quickly develop internal tools. The suite went from authentication, to deployment, to look and feel and front-end components.
- Led a team of 8 developers, working in 3 different internal tools at the same time.
- Contributed back to a couple of open source projects both in bug fixing and bug detection as well as feature addition. Encouraged the team to do so as well.
- Moved legacy tools with Rails 2 to full Rails 3 + asset pipeline + Angular apps, increasing responsiveness and overall performance along with code quality.
- Contributed to the internal Puppet provisioning scripts and provisioned boxes for new apps.
- Developer2014 - 2014StudyBloc (via Toptal)
- Integrated Quill WYSIWYG editor with React into a reusable library.
- Supported Math expressions and editor inside the WYSIWYG editor.
- Supported source code with syntax highlighting in the editor as well.
- Integrated the editor with the look and feel of the application.
- Contributed back to Quill editor to fix bugs and propose improvements.
- Developer2014 - 2014Soma (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, MongoDB, AngularJS
- Built the entire new checkout workflow in Angular, making it a single page and with a way to easily configure the order of steps.
- Increased the test quality of the product by increasing coverage and reducing usage of mocks in tests, and attempting to test the real thing as much as possible.
- Participated in design discussions with the client, trying to find the best solution.
- Contributed to an open source Ruby gem that the app used as an admin interface.
- Contributed to make better documentation for the newcomers in the project, by documenting and expressing the business motivation of the core classes in the app.
- Full-Stack Developer2012 - 2013SCVSoft
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Backbone.js
- Proposed the use of Backbone.js to create a rich UI with high interactivity.
- Tuned the data fetching mechanism for real-time forecast info form dozens of wind farms from different clients.
- Optimized queries and caching for most recent data visualization, with an acceptable latency in the client.
- Encouraged intensive client side test coverage together with actual HTML and JS interaction.
- Contributed to bug fixes on the Highcharts library that we used to draw the charts in the browser.
- Web Developer2012 - 2012Teracode
Technologies: ASP.NET MVC, Backbone.js, Facebook API
- Led a team of 3 developers all working remotely from different places in the world.
- Created a Groupon-style app based on a Facebook app with high usage of the Facebook API.
- Automated deployment via Ruby scripts to achieve "one click deploys".
- Proposed usage of Backbone.js to achieve more interactive UIs that are also more maintainable.
- Proposed usage of Github for development workflow and made lots of Code Reviews in the Pull Requests.
- Web Developer2011 - 2012Teracode
Technologies: ASP.NET MVC, SQL Server
- Moved the existing app from ASP.NET to ASP.NET MVC, thus increasing overall the performance of transferring the state over the wire.
- Made the application update asynchronously with Ajax calls where it was necessary instead of full page refreshes.
- Proposed several design improvements to the user workflow.
- Increased testing coverage of existing application.
- Improved NHibernate usage and thus improved overall app querying performance.
- Developer - Co Founder2010 - 2011Wisibee
Technologies: ASP.NET MVC, MySQL, NHibernate
- Founded my own company with a friend.
- In charge of full development of the product--a site for design contests, similar to 99designs.
- Learned about the start-up life cycle: incubated at a start-up accelerator
- Worked with supporting multiple payment methods, like PayPal and a local payment gateway called MercadoPago.
- Deployed the application, configured the boxes to run it, was in charge of the DB backups, and uptime.