Front-end Tech Lead2019 - PRESENTBoozeBud
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), React Router, AWS, Travis CI, GitHub, Asana, YARN, Sass, Redux, React, TypeScript, CSS3, Node.js, Gatsby, AWS CLI, Webpack, HTML, Functional Programming
- Contributed to the next-generation version of a system that has a dynamic routing mechanism and pages built based on consistent atomic design.
- Did performance assessment and optimizations to the application based on Google’s Core Web Vitals guidelines, to improve loading time, interactivity, and layout stability.
- Implemented a split order feature to allow users to get multiple deliveries for the sake of optimizing their experience when shopping.
- Contributed to the implementation of PCI compliance to process credit card payments. Additionally, successfully integrated new payment methods such as PayPal and Zip.
- Integrated a push notifications messaging system and deep links for both Android and iOS apps.
- Helped build a new front-end team by filtering and interviewing candidates.
- Implemented major rebranding across the whole platform: new logo, font guidelines, color palette, and SVG icons.
- Participated in prioritization and was in charge of planification of tasks for the front-end team.
- Coordinated and rolled out new features with other stakeholders.
- Implemented auto-capture of user events to feed the machine learning algorithm used on the recommendation engine module.
Technologies: Zeplin, Chartist.js, React Router, AWS Amplify, Amazon API Gateway, Amazon Cognito, Travis CI, GitHub, Jira, YARN, Sass, Jest, React, TypeScript, AWS CLI, HTML
- Defined the testing strategy based on unit and integration tests using Jest in conjunction with the React Testing Library.
- Designed the interface for the REST API with the back-end team.
- Implemented authentication flows (including 2FA) using Amazon Cognito.
- Created the look and feel based on the wireframes and mockups provided by a designer.
- Built a highly interactive marketing website focused on explaining the product's features. This static site was optimized for mobile devices, accessibility, and SEO.
Technologies: Jira, Immutable.js, Gulp, YARN, Lodash, Enzyme, Jest, Phabricator, Materialize, D3.js, Less, Webpack, RefluxJS, React, UML, HTML, Object-oriented Programming (OOP)
- Worked on the front-end and browser plugin of Zugata’s main product, an app that customers use to interact with their peers to give feedback and to empower professional development.
- Implemented new features for the React web application based on the commitment agreed upon in Agile biweekly sprints.
- Assessed and prioritized the technical debt, creating Jira cards to formalize what needed to be done.
- Updated the look and feel of the application, including sign-up and sign-in pages, following a more enterprise-like design.
- Led regular code review sessions to provide feedback to interns and other engineers in my team.
- Worked on a project to provide support for i18n (internationalization) on the React app.
- Worked on maintenance tasks for the Zugata browser plugin.
- Documented and set up processes for local development environments based on Docker.
Freelance Full-stack Developer2016 - 2017Omega Point Research
- Helped to transition the app's architecture into a Redux model.
- Oversaw the addition of new features such as a background job importer that downloads financial data and inserted it into the MongoDB database.
- Worked on new enhancements and fixed bugs on the front end, using React for the views and Stylus as the CSS preprocessor.
- Refactored a legacy codebase to make it more manageable, extensible, and performant.
- Helped define processes for the team, such as the branching model and the release process used.
Freelance Technology Lead2015 - 2015Local Contenect (via Toptal)
- Fixed issues and developed new features for the front end, a responsive single-page application built with Bootstrap and Ractive.js.
- Modified the REST API in order to implement new functionality. The API uses JSON and is coded in Wisdom, a modular Java framework.
- Made strategic decisions with the CEO about technology and about the roadmap ahead for the company.
- Managed releases and testing environments by using Amazon Web Services and EC2 instances.
- Defined some processes and documented other tasks that were informally done by the previous team working on the app, to bring organization to the project.
- Oversaw the development of widgets to be used as digital advertising units for a media company.
- Migrated legacy components to adapt them for a new CMS.
- Changed the way the project was documented by creating different wikis that explained the migration strategy used.
- Interacted with the Node.js back end and REST APIs.
- Learned about different CMS technologies such as FatWire and WordPress.
- Contributed to the development of new features and fixing defects as a member of the product delivery team.
- Worked on the five main mastheads of the company: The Daily Telegraph, Herald Sun, The Courier Mail, The Advertiser, and Perth Now.
- Optimized build processes with the Grunt tool to be able to compress images faster and to generate sprites.
- Rebranded the Perth Now site to match the design of the other mastheads of the company.
- Created a new version of the article page using responsive design, with a single URL and layout changes according to the device (mobile, tablet, or desktop).
Android Developer2014 - 2015Freelance
Technologies: Eclipse, Android, Java, Object-oriented Programming (OOP)
- Developed TherApp, a mobile application for Android phones and tablets, for Australian Catholic University (ACU). This medical app was part of a larger project to conduct some research on children with cerebral palsy.
- Designed a RESTful back end for the app to interact with and coded it in Grails.
- Worked remotely, holding meetings with the client via Hangouts and partial demos to communicate project status.
- Conducted Unit testing with Jasmine, and also used TypeScript and Node for some specific modules.
- Maintained a strict Agile environment with clear objectives and time-boxed milestones. The app had to be plugged into a really complex legacy architecture because traditionally there was no web UI, just a desktop one.
C++ Developer2010 - 2013Core Security
Technologies: Crystal Reports, Microsoft SQL Server, C++, UML, Object-oriented Programming (OOP)
- Developed an application called Core Impact, a well-known product related to security with regards to pen testing software.
- Developed new features of the UI (C++ and MFC + Web).
- Worked in Python modules and Crystal Reports (using SQL Server).
- Developed a framework to automate the testing of reports.
- Worked on a "teaming" feature of the application that allowed the UI to run in a distributed fashion across the local network.