Technologies: React, Reflux, Webpack, Less, D3.js, Materialize, Phabricator, Jest, Enzyme, lodash, Yarn, Gulp, Immutable.js, JIRA
- Worked on the front-end and browser plugin of Zugata’s main product, an app that customers use to interact with their peers to give feedback and to empower professional development.
- Implemented new features for the React web application based on the commitment agreed upon in Agile biweekly sprints.
- Spent some time doing an assessment and prioritization of technical debt, creating JIRA cards to formalize what needed to be done.
- Updated the look and feel of the application, including Sign Up and Sign In pages, following a more enterprisey design.
- Did regular code review sessions to provide feedback to interns and other engineers in my team.
- Worked on a project to provide support for i18n (internationalization) on the React app.
- Worked on maintenance tasks for the Zugata browser plugin.
- Wrote documentation and set up processes for local development environments based on Docker.
- Freelance Full-stack Developer2016 - 2017Omega Point (via Toptal)
- Helped to transition the app's architecture into a Redux model.
- Oversaw the addition of new features such as a background job importer that downloads financial data and inserted it into the MongoDB database.
- Worked on new enhancements and fixed bugs on the front-end, using React for the views and Stylus as the CSS preprocessor.
- Extensively refactored a legacy codebase to make it more manageable, extensible, and performant.
- Helped define processes for the team, such as the branching model and the release process used.
- Freelance Technology Lead2015 - 2015Local Contenect (via Toptal)
- Fixed issues and developed new features for the front-end, a responsive single-page application built with Bootstrap and Ractive.js.
- Modified the REST API in order to implement new functionality. The API uses JSON and is coded in Wisdom, a modular Java framework.
- Made strategic decisions with the CEO about technology and about the roadmap ahead for the company.
- Managed releases and testing environments by using Amazon Web Services and EC2 instances.
- Defined some processes and documented other tasks that were informally done by the previous team working on the app, to bring organization to the project.
- Oversaw the development of widgets to be used as digital advertising units for a media company.
- Migrated legacy components to adapt them for a new CMS.
- Changed the way the project was documented by creating different wikis that explained the migration strategy used.
- Interacted with the Node.js back-end and REST APIs.
- Learned about different CMS technologies such as FatWire and WordPress.
- Contributed to the development of new features and fixing of defects as a member of the product delivery team.
- Worked on the five main mastheads of the company: The Daily Telegraph, Herald Sun, The Courier Mail, The Advertiser, and Perth Now.
- Optimized build processes with Grunt.
- Rebranded the Perth Now site to match the design of the other mastheads of the company.
- Created a new version of the article page using responsive design, with a single URL and layout changes according to the device (mobile, tablet, or desktop).
- Android Developer2014 - 2015Freelance
Technologies: Java, Android, Eclipse
- Developed TherApp, a mobile application for Android phones and tablets, for Australian Catholic University (ACU). This medical app was part of a larger project to conduct some research on children with cerebral palsy.
- Designed a RESTful back-end, for the app to interact with, and coded in Grails.
- Worked remotely, holding meetings with the client via Hangouts and partial demos to communicate project status.
- Conducted unit testing with Jasmine, and also used TypeScript and Node for some specific modules.
- Maintained a strict Agile environment with clear objectives and time boxed milestones. The app had to be plugged to a really complex legacy architecture because traditionally there was no web UI, just a desktop one.
- C++ Developer2010 - 2013Core Security Technologies, Buenos Aires (Argentina)
Technologies: C++. Visual Studio, MIcrosoft SQL Server, Crystal Reports
- Developed an application called Core Impact, a well-known product related to security with regards to pen testing software.
- Developed new features of the UI (C++ and MFC + Web).
- Worked in Python modules and Crystal Reports (using SQL Server).
- Developed a framework to automate the testing of reports.
- Worked on a "teaming" feature of the application that allowed the UI to run in a distributed fashion across the local network.