Lucas is a software engineer with more than one decade of experience, specializing in front-end, full-stack, and mobile app development. He has managed greenfield projects in his career, led different teams, worked for both newly created startups and large corporations, and contributed to open source repositories. Lucas has great communication skills, agile experience, and knowledge backed by a computer science degree from the University of Buenos Aires.
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Git, Android Studio, MacOS
The most amazing...
...thing I've built is a CLI app with a steganography mechanism allowing the user to hide secret files and messages in images without changing their appearance.
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed a design system from scratch using Storybook and the MUI library. This project provides a library of components that can be consumed from different applications within the range of solutions provided by the company.
- Worked on a greenfield project which launched an MVP version within six months and later onboarded some real customers to try the beta version. Used a monorepo for the project and built the UI using Vite and React.
- Executed a rebranding of the company's image. A new logo, color palette, and fonts were introduced, so all the user-facing products were migrated to follow the new brand.
Front-end Tech Lead
- Contributed to the next-generation version of a system that has a dynamic routing mechanism and pages built based on consistent atomic design.
- Did performance assessment and optimizations to the application based on Google's Core Web Vitals guidelines to improve loading time, interactivity, and layout stability.
- Implemented a split order feature to allow users to get multiple deliveries to optimize their shopping experience.
- Contributed to the implementation of PCI compliance to process credit card payments. Additionally, successfully integrated new payment methods such as PayPal and Zip.
- Integrated a push notifications messaging system and deep links for both Android and iOS apps.
- Helped build a new front-end team by filtering and interviewing candidates.
- Implemented major rebranding across the whole platform: new logo, font guidelines, color palette, and SVG icons.
- Participated in prioritization and was in charge of planification of tasks for the front-end team.
- Coordinated and rolled out new features with other stakeholders.
- Implemented auto-capture of user events to feed the machine learning algorithm used on the recommendation engine module.
Altitude Networks (acquired by CoinList)
- Defined the testing strategy based on unit and integration tests using Jest with the React Testing Library.
- Designed the interface for the REST API with the back-end team.
- Implemented authentication flows (including 2FA) using Amazon Cognito.
- Created the look and feel based on the wireframes and mockups provided by a designer.
- Built a highly interactive marketing website focused on explaining the product's features. This static site was optimized for mobile devices, accessibility, and SEO.
Zugata (acquired by CultureAmp)
- Worked on the front-end and browser plugin of Zugata’s main product, an app that customers use to interact with their peers to give feedback and to empower professional development.
- Implemented new features for the React web application based on the commitment agreed upon in Agile biweekly sprints.
- Assessed and prioritized the technical debt, creating Jira cards to formalize what needed to be done.
- Updated the look and feel of the application, including sign-up and sign-in pages, following a more enterprise-like design.
- Led regular code review sessions to provide feedback to interns and other engineers in my team.
- Worked on a project to provide support for i18n (internationalization) on the React app.
- Worked on maintenance tasks for the Zugata browser plugin.
- Documented and set up processes for local development environments based on Docker.
Freelance Full-stack Developer
- Helped to transition the app's architecture into a Redux model.
- Oversaw the addition of new features such as a background job importer that downloads financial data and inserted it into the MongoDB database.
- Worked on new enhancements and fixed bugs on the front end, using React for the views and Stylus as the CSS preprocessor.
- Refactored a legacy codebase to make it more manageable, extensible, and performant.
- Helped define processes for the team, such as the branching model and the release process used.
- Fixed issues and developed new features for the front end, a responsive single-page application built with Bootstrap and Ractive.js.
- Modified the REST API in order to implement new functionality. The API uses JSON and is coded in Wisdom, a modular Java framework.
- Made strategic decisions with the CEO about technology and about the roadmap ahead for the company.
- Managed releases and testing environments by using AWS and EC2 instances.
- Defined some processes and documented other tasks that were informally done by the previous team working on the app, to bring organization to the project.
- Oversaw the development of widgets to be used as digital advertising units for a media company.
- Migrated legacy components to adapt them for a new CMS.
- Changed the way the project was documented by creating different wikis that explained the migration strategy used.
- Interacted with the Node.js back end and REST APIs.
- Learned about different CMS technologies such as FatWire and WordPress.
News Corp Australia
- Contributed to the development of new features and fixing defects as a member of the product delivery team.
- Worked on the five main mastheads of the company: The Daily Telegraph, Herald Sun, The Courier Mail, The Advertiser, and Perth Now.
- Optimized build processes with the Grunt tool to be able to compress images faster and to generate sprites.
- Rebranded the Perth Now site to match the design of the other mastheads of the company.
- Created a new version of the article page using responsive design, with a single URL and layout changes according to the device (mobile, tablet, or desktop).
- Developed TherApp, a mobile application for Android phones and tablets, for Australian Catholic University (ACU). This medical app was part of a larger project to conduct some research on children with cerebral palsy.
- Designed a RESTful back end for the app to interact with and coded it in Grails.
- Worked remotely, holding meetings with the client via Hangouts and partial demos to communicate project status.
- Conducted Unit testing with Jasmine, and also used TypeScript and Node for some specific modules.
- Maintained a strict Agile environment with clear objectives and time-boxed milestones. The app had to be plugged into a really complex legacy architecture because traditionally there was no web UI, just a desktop one.
- Developed an application called Core Impact, a well-known product related to security with regards to pen testing software.
- Developed new features of the UI (C++ and MFC + Web).
- Worked in Python modules and Crystal Reports (using SQL Server).
- Developed a framework to automate the testing of reports.
- Worked on a "teaming" feature of the application that allowed the UI to run in a distributed fashion across the local network.
I managed the front-end team, which is in charge of a complex eCommerce system and a responsive React single page app implemented via TypeScript and Redux.
We use continuous delivery, functional programming, data analytics, artificial intelligence, and agile methodology. Technology powers BoozeBud, adding value to the business every day.
Zugata Web Apphttps://www.cultureamp.com/
Worked on the Front End and Browser Plugin of Zugata’s main product: an app that customers use to interact with their peers to give feedback and to empower professional development.
Portfolio Intelligence Applicationhttps://pi.ompnt.com
Worked on the company's Portfolio Intelligence product, a tool that enables investment managers to understand, visualize, and optimize their portfolios. The platform is powered by React and Node (MERN stack).
The app had different features such as search, catalog of suppliers, insights, dashboards, and more.
Daily Telegraph Responsive Article Page
Basically it provided questions to the parents of the affected children to check their evolution in their treatment.
The idea was to build a single responsive site to display article pages for both desktop and mobile devices.
A scene consisting of an island in the middle of the ocean with a lighthouse on it was built. Day and night effects have been modeled too, together with an animated ocean and a rotating lighthouse lamp.
Different algorithms were implemented, such as one that solves the "Chess Queens" problem, a GPS-style algorithm to traverse graphs, and others.
Guide: Software Release Management For Small Teams
React Redux, React, Node.js, Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC), jQuery, RequireJS, Ractive.js, AWS Amplify, React Router, Chartist.js, Immutable.js, Lodash, D3.js, RefluxJS, React-Intl, Redux-Saga, OpenGL
GitHub, Atom, IntelliJ IDEA, Git, Microsoft Visual Studio, Vim Text Editor, Sublime Text 3, Assembla, Jira, Gulp, Grunt, Subversion (SVN), Mocha, Stash, Bamboo, HipChat, Confluence, Android Studio, Apache Maven, Slack, Amazon Cognito, Zeplin, Asana, Phabricator, Pivotal Tracker, CircleCI, Webpack, Crystal Reports, GTK+, AWS CLI, Travis CI, Codeship, Yarn Workspaces
Functional Programming, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Responsive Web Design (RWD), Agile Software Development, Extreme Programming, Scrum, Kanban, Agile, UX Design, Testing
Software Development, Computer Graphics, Browsersync, GitFlow, Enzyme, Data Structures, Regular Expressions, Styled-components, Gatsby, Serverless, Responsive UI, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Storybook, Material Design
Redux, Android SDK, React Native, Materialize, YARN, Jest, ClojureScript, Bootstrap, Jasmine, JUnit, Ext JS, Express.js, Wisdom, MUI (Material UI)
Android, Unix, Eclipse, MacOS, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Heroku, Amazon EC2, AWS Lambda, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, OrientDB, MongoDB
Master's Degree in Computer Science Engineering
Facultad de Ingeniería - Universidad de Buenos Aires - Buenos Aires, Argentina