Web Developer2015 - PRESENTUmami Collective
Technologies: Node.js, AngularJS, Express.js, MongoDB, MySQL, PHP
- Worked on a Drupal site to be used by the sales staff of a major machine tools company with worldwide presence.
- Architected and developed a MEAN application to keep track of machines statuses for end customers.
- Architected and developed a Node.js API intended to support a mobile application for technicians that perform on-site operations over these same machines.
Web Developer2014 - 2015Making Sense
Technologies: Ember.js, MySQL, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, Node.js, AngularJS, Express.js, MongoDB
- Developed rich web applications using the MEAN stack (MongoDB, Express, AngularJS, and Node.js).
- Worked on a project to be used for training events by major companies that includes a client application coded in Ember.js and a CMS/API written in Ruby on Rails.
- Had a brief experience with the Ember.js framework on a fully client side UI solution.
- Created an API for mobile apps intended to register health data for users including weight, exercise, and food habits.
- Created an API for mobile apps intended to register data for babies and share it with doctors or family members.
- Joined the development of a tool to generate projects based on the MEAN stack.
Web Developer2011 - 2014Globant
Technologies: MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, PHP
- Developed high availability and high performance back-end architecture and development for mobile applications and social games using PHP, MySQL, and NoSQL technologies.
- Was the leader of a back-end development team for some projects, responsible for assigning tasks and interacting with the client.
- Became a full time Node.js developer in several projects with strict performance requirements during the last year working for the company.
- Worked on a mobile applications back-end framework. The objective of the project was the addition of new features and several performance optimizations to a framework used to support several mobile applications.
- Worked on an HTML5 game back-end, including bulk sending of push notifications (iOS or Android) to the users of a mobile game developed entirely using HTML5 technologies.
- Worked on an Ads Server and Ads Management Tool, including an API to fetch ads from own and third party apps.
- Worked on a social platform for one of the largest game developers in the industry. Initially developed by a third party company using the Zend Framework, the project was far from complete, with multiple bugs and performance problems.
- Worked on a project that consisted of the architecting and coding of a high availability and performance API to provide support for a mobile app. At least 5,000 users downloaded and used the app intensively every week.
- Worked for one of the biggest companies in the UK to provide holiday packages search and booking for their users.
Web Developer2012 - 2013ShopSuey
Technologies: MySQL, PHP
- Developed the PHP back-end (API) and CMS for a shopping mobile app. This back-end was based on the FuelPHP framework and includes interactions with a number of external API's.
- Added interaction with external services like Yelp to automatically fetch data for businesses added to the platform.
- Added interaction with social networks like Twitter and Facebook.
- Worked on integration with an external API that allowed maps to be used by the mobile app (Micello).
Web Developer2011 - 2011Nextive Solutions
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, Apache, Linux
- Developed an e-learning platform with an important number of concurrent users and several server intensive features.
- Researched a variety of new technologies to optimize performance like database sharding, caching, clouded servers with load balancers, replicated database servers, and servers dedicated to reports generation.
- Worked on a system that was implemented on a LAMP environment over a proprietary framework. The browsers coverage includes IE, FireFox, Chrome and Safari. The app was designed to be AJAX intensive, supported by the jQuery framework. The code repositories were SVN based.
- Acted as the Technical Lead of the development team, composed of two to four colleagues with semi-senior and senior experiences.
- Gained experience using the Scrum methodology during development. There were daily meetings in English because some members of the team were from the US, including the Project Manager.
Web Developer2006 - 2011Freelance
Technologies: MySQL, PHP
- Developed web pages and web-based systems for several clients.
- Worked on the CaMail webmail system as the final project for the Computer Analyst Degree. The system was written entirely inPerl (and using mod_perl to improve performance), using a three layer MVC design. The view layer was implemented using the Template Toolkit library, and in the model layer a variety of CPAN modules were used to access the IMAP accounts and to deliver mail via SMTP.
- Developed the administration section of the internet cafe system CybOrg.
- Worked on resume administration and candidate searches for the website of the human resources consultant MetaConsultora. The graphical design and the images of the site were provided by a third party designer.
- Worked on the conversion of a static site to a fully self-administrative web page, that allows the creator to manage products, users, and a shopping cart.
- Developed an E-mail address server based on LDAP as a part of a migration from a Microsoft Exchange Server into an open source solution for Aceitera General Deheza (AGD), one of the largest factories of cooking oil in Argentina.
Web Developer2002 - 2011Río Cuarto's City Council
Technologies: Linux, MySQL, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, PHP
- Developed several web-based internal systems using LAMP (Linux | Apache | MySQL | PHP) technologies.
- Developed the search engine for legislative information in the institutional web site of the City Council.
- Developed a tickets system and a new version of the legislative information system using the Ruby On Rails web application framework.
- Configured and maintained GNU/Linux based servers to provide different network services.
- Developed scripts for automatic conversion of documents created in Microsoft Office Word by using OpenOffice and macros.