Verified Expert in Engineering
RESTful Web Services Developer
Passionate about technology, Lucian has 20 years of PHP programming and 11 years of business experience. He is always looking to learn, grow, and improve his skills. Lucian is a dreamer and a doer adept at building relationships. He thrives on finding the best approach to every challenge.
Spotify, ITerm, PAW, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), MacOS
The most amazing...
...product I've built is an uptime monitoring service, with distributed nodes, SMS alerts, reports, malware monitoring, redundancy, and near-perfect availability.
Founder and CEO
- Built a self-sustaining business from scratch.
- Managed all aspects including development, sales, marketing, customer support, operations, and maintenance.
- Developed a distributed system with 20+ servers across 10+ countries over four continents.
- Designed and implemented a complete and fully automatic failover system to overcome service outages.
- Initially written in Kohana PHP, and afterward rewritten in Laravel and then Lumen.
Senior PHP Developer
Total Onion Development
- Rewrote several websites backed by an in-house CMS.
- Participated in Scrum meetings such as planning, grooming, standup, review, and retrospective.
- Fixed various issues across multiple projects.
- Actively looked for ways to improve code or processes within the system.
Laravel PHP Developer
Sukoon Technologies Limited
- Rewrote an existing Ruby API into Laravel PHP, which served as the back end for a mobile app.
- Refactored a core CakePHP implementation.
- Implemented and designed two RESTful APIs, one as a Lumen application and one in CakePHP.
- Optimized site performance to handle 500% more trafic.
- Integrated payment processors such as Stripe, Braintree, and ZipMoney.
- Designed a distributed architecture for fast, scalable world-wide content delivery.
- Personally handled 300+ releases into production and all integrations with third-party services.
PHP Laravel Developer
- Migrated legacy PHP API into a modern, standardized Lumen PHP API with OAuth2 authentication.
- Rewrote a RESTful API with TDD, thus having all requests and scenarios automatically tested.
- Identified business logic and user roles and implemented authorization based on previously user-defined roles.
- Actively participated in top-level company meetings including strategy and budget.
- Successfully implemented scrum methodology within the company.
- Scaled technological capabilities to handle 1+ million requests per day.
- Organized work and flows to minimize wasted and increase productivity.
Senior PHP Developer
- Adapted CodeIgniter PHP framework to suit business needs.
- Scaled information architecture to accommodate high traffic.
- Migrated data structures to optimise for speed.
- Implemented SOAP API that is still being used.
Breezee Productivity Dashboard
My contribution to this product is the entire back-end, data architecture, and storage. Used VueJS, PHP API, and Cloudant storage.
Invoicing Web Apphttps://github.com/dlucian/invoicer
This invoicing tool is most useful when the local currency in the country of residence is different from the currency used to sell products or services. It solves this issue by creating duplicate invoices, one copy for the customer, in the foreign currency and language, and one copy for the emitting company, in the local currency and language, which also includes details of the customer's copy (such as the value in the foreign currency).
Lumen, Laravel 5, Bootstrap, Bootstrap 3, PHPUnit, CakePHP 2, CodeIgniter, OAuth 2, Symfony 3, Kohana, Laravel, CakePHP, Symfony, Twig
jQuery, Vue, Stripe API, PAW, REST APIs, Stripe, Vuex, Google Maps API, Twilio API, Nexmo, SendGrid API, Slack API, Braintree API, Stripe Connect API
Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), RESTful Web Services, Data Queries, Project Budget Management, Data Architecture, Entrepreneurship, Spotify, SOAP, BrainTree, Zip Money, APIs, Vue-router, SMS Gateways, Stripe Payments, Web Applications
NGINX, Sublime Text 3, Vagrant, VirtualBox, ITerm, PhpStorm, Webpack, Braintree SDK
Agile Project Management, Agile Software Development, Scrum, Kanban, RESTful Development, Waterfall Development
Linux, MacOS, Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
MongoDB, MySQL, Database Architecture, MariaDB, CouchDB, PostgreSQL, InfluxDB, PouchDB
Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics and Informatics
West University - Timisoara
SCRUM ALLIANCE, Inc
Zend Certified Engineer (PHP5)
Zend Technologies Ltd