Verified Expert in Engineering
iOS, Android, and Software Developer
Luke has been developing software for over 14 years. After four years of full-stack work, he transitioned to Android development and incorporated iOS into his repertoire. He has delivered projects to many clients, including Progressive Auto Insurance, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mass., Intercept Pharmaceuticals, and the United States military. Luke has served as lead developer and application architect, working with high-profile apps, managing teams, and ensuring best practices.
Android, iOS, Android Studio, Xcode, Swift, Kotlin
The most amazing...
...consumer app I've developed is the Hal Leonard Sheet Music Direct app for Android and iOS. It's maintained 4.7 stars with 1,300+ ratings.
Contract Architect and Lead Developer
- Assisted clients in developing their product vision using up-to-date best practices.
- Developed architecture and code for world-class Android and iOS apps, bringing them from concept to release.
- Delivered projects for Stanley Black & Decker, Online Convergence Corp., Guitar Tricks LLC, and others.
Contract Architect and Lead Developer
Rocket Farm Studios
- Led iOS and Android development teams, developing and initializing project structures, identifying specific modules, and assigning them to developers.
- Vetted and hired developers and created and enforced coding standards through code reviews.
- Met with potential clients to assess their requirements on a technical level, helping to develop a timeline with detailed milestones.
- Delivered projects to Progressive Auto Insurance, Hal Leonard, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts, Cambridge Mobile Telematics, Intercept Pharmaceuticals, Cambridge Biomarketing, Motif Micro, and the United States military.
- Navigated a complex policy regarding accessibility privileges successfully and restored the app to good standing in the Play Store.
- Modernized the app by fixing vulnerabilities, moved the app from Java to Kotlin, and implemented an MVVM architecture.
- Implemented automated tests and mentored other developers on best practices.
Owner and Software Developer
- Created, developed, and maintained several profitable products and apps.
- Took responsibility for all aspects of creation, including architecture, design, promotion, and quality assurance.
- Contributed to apps ranging from an in-bar trivia game that was sold to several local restaurants and several other games using various game libraries like libGDX, Unity, and native Android.
- Developed and published an exercise tracker, language tutorial game, and background manager utility.
Architect and Lead Developer
Online Convergence Corp.
- Oversaw the implementation and bringing to market of a very profitable slot machine app that accrued over 1 million downloads called SpinToWin Slots.
- Assisted with managing the QA department and implemented maintenance and new features.
- Helped to maintain and develop a high-traffic server implementation using Apache Tomcat and AWS.
Architect/Lead Developer and Contract Developer
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
- Took responsibility for designing and creating all new software and programming projects, including customer-facing websites.
- Served as a lead database designer/administrator, including SQL development.
- Received Employee of the Quarter recognition for my work developing some critical infrastructure software on time and bug-free.
Sheet Music Directhttps://www.sheetmusicdirect.com/en-US/
BCBSMA MyBlue Mobile Apphttps://myblue.bluecrossma.com/myblue-app-mobile
Openroad: Help in a Car Crashhttps://www.getopenroad.app/
Invisalign Dentist App
UIKit, Core Bluetooth, Android SDK, LibGDX, Unity, Flutter, SwiftUI, Bootstrap, iOS Frameworks
RxSwift, LiveData, AWS Amplify, Mapbox API, REST APIs, RxJava, Android API, Auth, Android Architecture Components, iOS API, Apple Maps API
Git, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, FL Studio, Logic Pro, Xcode, Android Studio, Firebase Authentication, Firebase Analytics, AWS AppSync, PhpMyAdmin, Fastlane, Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM), Apache Tomcat, Android Jetpack
Model View Viewmodel (MVVM), Agile Software Development, Unit Testing, REST, Reactive Programming, Agile, Database Design, Test-driven Development (TDD), Automated Testing
Android, iOS, Firebase, Bluetooth LE, Bitrise, Mapbox, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
JSON, Firebase Realtime Database, Databases, Database Structure, MySQL, MSSQLCE
Repository Pattern, MAVLink, CI/CD Pipelines, Encryption, Room, Networking, Networks, Network Stack, TCP/IP, TCP, UDP, APIs, SDKs, PDF, Agile Sprints, iOS Camera, Algorithms, Data Structures, Architecture, Jetpack Compose, Bluetooth, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning, Secure Storage, Back-end, Admin Panels, API Integration, Native Mobile Apps, WebSockets, Video Streaming, Audio, Mobile Apps, iPadOS, Integration Testing, iPad, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision, Collaboration, GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT), Android App Design, iOS App Design, Android Architecture, Accessibility
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Clark University - Worcester, Massachusetts, USA