M K Rama Raju
Verified Expert in Engineering
Quality Assurance Developer
With more than 16 years of professional experience as a software development engineer with reputed organizations like Microsoft, Autodesk, and others, Rama is sure to be a good fit for test automation architect and SDET roles. He has the attitude of a startup enthusiast—going the extra mile to ensure product quality and customer satisfaction. His proven skills as a full-stack automation developer can bring a good balance to any team.
APIs, Docker, Selenium, Python, C#, Java, Git, Jenkins
The most amazing...
...I've developed a tool-independent automation framework that records and generates scripts based on the client's automation environment.
- Planned the bug fix sprint and acted as a scrum master while preparing for the sprint.
- Enhanced the manual testing plan to verify different cryptocurrency transaction combinations.
- Verified different cryptocurrencies and exchange rates between wallets on the main and test net.
- Provided a demo to the stockholders of the new features and bug fixes.
Senior Automation Manager
- Developed a test automation framework for the UI and API testing of a tax categorization software that uses the AWS stack to create a machine learning system for calculating and filing the indirect return taxes.
- Trained team members and unblocked them while automating the tests.
- Wrote utilities for accessing the DynamoDB and S3 bucket.
- Wrote API tests in Python and UI automation using Selenium and Cypress.
- Involved CI/CD using Jenkins and assisted developers while migrating to GitHub Actions.
- Created sprint deliverable demos for the team and stakeholders.
Senior QA Engineer
Friend Finder Networks
- Worked for 16 months as a senior QA engineer and developed an automation framework from scratch using Robot Framework, Python, Selenium, and Appium. Trained the team on the framework.
- Developed performance test plans using JMeter and Python. Wrote utilities to emulate parallel users.
- Owned QAing and demoing sprint deliverables to the product owner and stakeholders.
- Managed and fixed GitLab pipeline jobs in the GitLab YML file.
- Took technical interviews for QA automation engineers.
QA Engineer | Functional Test Developer
- Assisted clients in identifying core cases to have a breadth of coverage.
- Wrote tests and automated health checks, smoke, and regression tests.
- Worked with the AppSumo eCommerce site for seven months and developed a test automation framework with POM and BDD, using Selenium and Python in a Docker environment.
- Wrote unit and integration tests using Python for code coverage and composed mock tests.
- Implemented a Docker set up to enable web UI automation using ChromeDriver.
- Integrated Allure test reports, Cobertura code coverage, and Flake8 code analysis in CI/CD with Jenkins.
Freelance Work (Prayuta)
- Consulted as a test automation architect for the startup Prayuta to deliver QA projects, including feasibility analyses, estimation, planning, and execution of automation projects.
- Delivered a test automation framework using Protractor, Jasmine, Node.js with a page object model (POM) and a BDD model for Prayuta's products and its clients.
- Advised as a machine learning engineer, working on chatbots and voice bots using Dialogflow, Python, natural language processing (NLP), and deep learning techniques.
Test Automation Architect
- Delivered and enhanced a test automation framework for web automation to use across the teams using Protractor, Node.js, and TypeScript.
- Handled the migration effort from an acquired Jive product to Aurea. Rewrote Jive tests using a central automation framework and implementing good practices for the Jive product.
- Wrote mock tests to emulate mobile user interactions for web UI automation.
- Enhanced the central automation framework for the ACE project with multi-language support so that without modifying any code, the product can be tested against supported languages.
- Played the role of the QA lead for the Infobright project—ensuring an Infobright product release with the desired quality, along with regression testing, stability testing, performance testing, and installation testing on Linux and Windows platforms.
- Designed and enhanced test frameworks and utilities using MySQL, PostgreSQL, Python, and ShellScript for Infobright, which supports high performance and a scalable, low-cost solution for storing and analyzing large volumes of machine-generated data.
- Developed an automated test framework using Java and Cucumber for the NuView Core HRMS project.
- Implemented performance testing using JMeter to find optimum performance and current resources for a recruiting company.
- Built an automation framework with C#, Selenium, and NUnit framework for the AESCIS project.
- Oversaw a team with more than 15 QA engineers to unblock technical issues, track efforts, and successfully deliver multiple projects.
Senior QA Engineer and Lead
- Led the QA efforts of the Fusion 360 product from QA—both manual and automation.
- Designed automation test plans as per functional requirements.
- Developed and contributed to an automation framework, specifically a REST API framework with different authentication techniques like OAuth 2 as a user—two-legged and three-legged—and as a service.
- Automated two critical modules: a designs API—created the designs and developed the new versions and relations between designs—, and a search API with Elasticsearch services.
- Validated an iOS and Android mobile app API integration with the A360 API through mobile testing.
- Prepared and executed functional automated and manual test cases and logged bugs.
- Led the migration of Fusion 360 services from an AWS cloud to a private cloud.
SDET 2 Test Lead
- Designed automation frameworks with continuous integrations for functional and non-functional requirements using VSTS and C#.NET.
- Implemented business intelligence (ETL) testing and automation using VSTS, SQL Server, Informatica, and C#.NET.
- Conducted API testing for the ESB project on BizTalk product using Visual Studio, MTM, SQL Server, and C#.
- Led the automation team consisting of ten members from vendor companies to Microsoft.
Senior Software Engineer 2 in Testing
- Worked on 1PAdapters which was developed to integrate different products used with external heterogeneous systems. This framework facilitated the communication between different systems using web services, JMS, and REST architecture.
- Created test plans for functional and performance testing of CAF features.
- Designed an automation test framework in Java, JUnit, Selenium, Grinder, and Python in a multithreaded environment.
- Updated the utilities on a framework in Java and Python.
- Spearheaded all of the activities regarding QA integrations with the continuous integration server.
- Involved in hiring and training across the organization. I also managed two QA engineers within the team.
Software Development Engineer in Testing
- Carried out demos and presentations for product owners.
- Designed and executed test cases and prepared task board documentation.
- Logged defects and resolved them within a stipulated timeline to increase operational efficiency.
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
- Implemented test automation using Selenium, FitNesse, Visual Studio 2008, a unit testing framework, and built libraries in C#.NET.
- Carried out WCF and web service testing using the SoapUI 3.5.
- Collaborated with a geographically dispersed team. Used the scrum model as part of the Agile methodology.
- Developed POCs using Selenium RC framework to support C#.NET, Java, PHP, and Flex.
- Constructed a tool-independent automation framework using C#.NET.
- Led QA efforts and trained two QA engineers on test automation and QA deliverables.
- Involved in sales discussions to explain QA technical capability to clients and involved in hiring QA engineers.
Prime KI Software Solutions
- Developed test plans, scenarios, and cases and evaluated their results.
- Identified various user requirements (performance, preparation, and automation) for Kinesis with LoadRunner.
- Prepared data-driven test scripts using QTP 9.5 tool.
- Involved in white box testing and assisted developers in fixing the bugs after doing the RCA of the bug.
The Infobright database powers applications that perform interactive, complex queries resulting in better, faster business decisions. It is a high-performance, scalable solution for storing and analyzing large volumes of machine-generated data at a lower cost and significantly less administrative effort than other database solutions.
On this project, I worked as the sole QA and delivered three quarterly releases. I ensured that each Infobright product release with desired quality, regression testing, executing MySQL and PostgreSQL test cases on eight platforms, five Unix OS combinations (CentOS 7, CentOS 6.8 64 & 32 bit, Debian 6 and 8, SUSE 11) and two versions of Windows (Windows 2008 and 2012), and testing (stability, performance, and installation).
I also wrote news tests for features and bug fixes in the MySQL test framework. In addition to also helping to dockerize the test framework and integrated with the ElectricFlow platform.
NuView Core HRMShttp://www.ignitetech.com/nuview/
HRMS is an HR management system that facilitates with sophisticated features to enable an organization to hire, track attendance, and measure employee performance. It can be customized for the client's needs.
On this project, I developed an automation framework with Selenium, Java, and Cucumber to support behavior driver development. I also automated two complex modules: Time Attendance and Performance.
Technologies: Automation Framework, Selenium WebDriver, Java, Cucumber
1PAdapters (CAF) framework was developed to integrate different products used with external heterogeneous systems. This framework facilitated communication between different systems using web services, JMS, and REST architecture.
I also developed the automation framework using Java, JUnit, Selenium, and Python in a multithreaded environment; implemented performance testing using the Grinder tool.
PSR (Premier Services Reporting)
This is a business intelligence application and a reporting system for Microsoft users who opted for premier services. This system acquired data from various sources to track diverse details, including purchased hours, utilized hours, premier services promotions, and more. It enabled users to track their information and facilitated decision-making based on needs.
I developed an automation framework and implemented continuous integration for PSR, using TFS, MTM, C#, Visual Studio, and SQL Server.
ESB (Enterprise Service Bus)
ESB (Enterprise Service Bus) is an integration servicing system that uses the BizTalk Server to process thousands of messages per second. It had a complex architecture that distributed the load on its load balancer to provide better performance. These systems worked on different protocols like FTP, WCF, and net.tcp, AS2 protocols for data transfers and facilitating communication between heterogeneous systems.
I automated the services and API using Visual Studio 2010, MTM, BizTalk Server 2010, SQL Server 2008, and C#.NET.
Jive, ACE, Mobilogy, Chute, SkyVera Projectshttps://www.jivesoftware.com/
I developed a few new features and enhanced the existing features of a common Protractor automation framework (Protractor, Jasmine, Node.js, POM, and BDD).
• Changed the framework to have BDD-style test cases.
• Added language support to the product test with internationalization support so that there's no need to implement minor changes except setting the property/read from a locale in the framework to test the product in a required local language.
• Added a mock testing capability to emulate mobile user actions.
• Enabled the framework to run tests in BrowserStack or Docker.
• Installed Allure report support.
• Acted as the scrum master for QA automation efforts.
I prepared the manual test plan and designed new tests and test data. I also executed test cases against the release and logged bugs. I served as a scrum master and fixed bugs, delivering demos of features to the client.
The Postal Service: TPShttp://www.ffn.com
As a QA architect, I designed an automation framework using Robot Framework, Python, Docker, Appium, GitLab, Git, BrowserStack, Allure reports, and Selenium. I also trained other teams to adopt this central framework. Performance testing was done using JMeter, and I wrote utilities in Python to generate the load. I handled the whole delivery of the TPS module and assisted the integration team with the smooth delivery of the entire product.
Worked with the AppSumo eCommerce site for seven months and developed a test automation framework with POM and BDD, using Selenium and Python in a Docker environment.
Wrote unit and integration tests using Python for code coverage and composed mock tests.
Implemented a Docker setup to enable web UI automation using ChromeDriver.
Integrated Allure test reports, Cobertura code coverage, and Flake8 code analysis in CI/CD with Jenkins.
Allure Testing Framework, Selenium, Protractor, AngularJS, .NET, Appium, Robot Framework, Jasmine, SpecFlow, OAuth 2, Spring, JUnit, Grinder, Django, Electron, React Native, Cypress, TestCafe
Cucumber, Jenkins, Jira, Confluence, FitNesse, Git, Subversion (SVN), Postman, Shell, Apache JMeter, TeamCity, Dialogflow, WebdriverIO, NAnt, QTP, TestTrack Pro, PegaRULEs Process Commander (PRPC), HP QuickTest Professional (QTP), LoadRunner, Apache Tomcat, TFS, SoapUI, ElectricFlow, Bitbucket, BrowserStack, GitLab CI/CD, GitHub, Amazon SageMaker
REST, Automated Testing, Agile, Testing, Test Automation, Behavior-driven Development (BDD), ETL, Page Object Model (POM), Manual Testing, Unit Testing
MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Data Validation, PostgreSQL, Google Cloud, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Amazon DynamoDB
RESTful Services, Quality Assurance (QA), APIs, API Testing, Test Planning, Automation Framework Development, Manual QA, QA Automation, eCommerce, A/B Testing, QA Leadership, Test Automation Frameworks, VM, UFT, MTM, Performance Testing, Data Migration Testing, Performance, BizTalk, Machine Learning, Crypto, Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Docker, Linux, Oracle, Amazon Web Services (AWS), iOS, Mobile, Amazon EC2, Android, Firebase, AWS Lambda
OpenID, JMS, Node.js, PyTorch, NumPy, Matplotlib, Scikit-learn
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science Engineering
JNTU | Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad - Hyderabad, India
Diploma in Computer Engineering
Andhra Pradesh Technical Education and Training - Hyderabad, India
Advanced Certification in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad
PRPC V 5.5 Certified System Architect
ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level