QA Engineer | Functional Test Developer2019 - PRESENTPitchStone (via Toptal)
- Assisted clients in identifying core cases to have a breadth of coverage.
QA Engineer2019 - 2019AppSumo (via Toptal)
Technologies: Python, Django, Selenium, Docker, BDD, POM, Jenkins
- Worked with the AppSumo eCommerce site for seven months and developed a test automation framework with POM and BDD using Selenium and Python in a Docker environment.
- Wrote unit/integration tests for code coverage.
- Implemented a Docker setup to enable web UI automation using ChromeDriver.
- Composed mock tests.
- Integrated Allure test reports, Cobertura code coverage, and Flake8 code analysis in CI/CD (Jenkins).
Freelance Consultant2018 - 2019Freelance Work (Prayuta)
Technologies: TypeScript, Java Script, Protractor, Dialogflow, Python
- Consulted as a test automation architect for Prayuta (a startup) to deliver QA projects including feasibility analyses, estimation, planning, and execution of automation projects.
- Delivered a test automation framework using Protractor, Jasmine, Node.js with a Page Object Model (POM) and a BDD model for Prayuta's products and its clients.
- Advised as a machine learning engineer, working on chatbots and voicebots using Dialogflow, Python, natural language processing (NLP), and deep learning techniques.
Freelance Test Automation Architect2016 - 2018Freelance Work
- Delivered and enhanced a test automation framework for web automation to use across the teams using Protractor, Node.js, and TypeScript.
- Handled the migration effort from an acquired Jive product to Aurea. Rewrote Jive tests using central automation framework and implementing good practices for the Jive product.
- Wrote mock tests to emulate mobile user interactions for web UI automation.
- Enhanced (for the ACE project) the central automation framework with multi-language support so without modifying any code product can be tested against supported languages.
- Played the role of QA lead for the Infobright project—ensuring an Infobright product release with the desired quality, along with regression testing, executing MySQL and PostgreSQL test cases on eight platforms, five Unix OS combinations (CentOS 7, CentOS 6.8 64 & 32 bit, Debian 6 and 8, SUSE 11) and two Windows versions (Windows 2008 and 2012), stability testing, performance testing, and installation testing.
- Designed and enhanced the test frameworks/utilities using MySQL, PostgreSQL, Python, and ShellScript for Infobright, a product supports high performance, scalable solution for storing and analyzing large volumes of machine-generated data at a lower cost.
- Developed an automated test framework (using Java and Cucumber) for the NuView Core HRMS project.
- Implemented performance testing using JMeter to find optimum performance and current resources for a recruiting company.
- Built an automation framework with C#, Selenium, and NUnit framework for the AESCIS project.
- Oversaw a team with more than 15 QA engineers to unblock technical issues, track efforts, and successfully deliver multiple projects.
Senior QA Engineer (Lead)2014 - 2016Autodesk
Technologies: IntelliJ, Java 7.0, RESTful Services, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AngularJS, MySQL, OAuth 2, OpenID, Hudson, Selenium, iOS, Android
- Led the QA efforts of the Fusion 360 product from QA (both manual and automation).
- Designed automation test plans as per functional requirements.
- Developed and contributed to an automation framework; specifically a REST API framework with different authentication techniques like OAuth 2 as a user (two-legged, and three-legged) and as a service.
- Automated two critical modules: Designs API (created the designs, developed the new versions, and relations between the designs) and Search API (which has Elasticsearch services).
- Validated an iOS and Android Mobile App API integration with A360 API through mobile testing.
- Prepared and executed functional automated/manual test cases and logged bugs.
- Led the migration of Fusion 360 services from an AWS cloud to a private cloud.
SDET 2 (Test Lead)2012 - 2014Microsoft
Technologies: C#.NET, Visual Studio 2010, MTM, BizTalk Server 2010, SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2012
- Designed automation frameworks with continuous integrations for functional and non-functional requirements using VSTS and C#.NET.
- Implemented business intelligence (ETL) testing/automation using VSTS, SQL Server, Informatica, and C#.NET.
- Conducted API testing for the ESB project on BizTalk product using Visual Studio, MTM, SQL Server, and C#.
- Led the automation team consisting of ten members from vendor companies to Microsoft.
Senior Software Engineer 2 in Testing2011 - 2012Progress Software
Technologies: Linux, Windows, Java, Web Services, JMS, CXF, Spring, Camel, Java Unified Expression Language (JUEL), JUnit, WSDL 2.0., REST, Selenium
- Worked on 1PAdapters (Common Adapters Framework): the 1PAdapters (CAF) framework was developed to integrate different products used with external heterogeneous systems. This framework facilitated communication between a different system using web services, JMS and REST architecture.
- Created test plans for functional and performance testing of CAF features.
- Designed an automation test framework in Java, JUnit, Selenium, and Python in a multithreaded environment.
- Updated the utilities on a framework in Java and Python.
- Spearheaded all of the activities regarding QA integrations with the continuous integration server.
Software Development Engineer in Testing2010 - 2011Pegasystems
- Carried out demos/presentations for product owners.
- Designed and executed test cases.
- Logged defects and resolved them within a stipulated timeline in order to increase operational efficiency.
- Prepared task board documentation.
SDET2009 - 2010Prokarma
Technologies: .NET 3.5, Java, C#.NET, Visual Studio 2008, Selenium, FitNesse, Compact Framework 3.5, Windows Mobile 6.0, C#.NET
- Implemented test automation using Selenium, FitNesse, Visual Studio 2008, a unit testing framework, and built libraries in C#.NET.
- Carried out WCF/web service testing using the SoapUI 3.5.
- Collaborated with a geographically-dispersed team Scrum model as part of the Agile methodology.
- Developed POCs using Selenium RC framework to support C#.NET, Java, PHP, and Flex.
- Constructed a tool-independent automation framework using C#.NET.
QA Engineer2006 - 2009Prime KI Software Solutions
Technologies: Linux, Java, Oracle, TOAD, JMeter, Microsoft Share Portal, Clear Quest, .NET 2, C#.NET, ASP.NET, NAnt, Load Runner 8.1, QTP, Microsoft Shared Portal, NSIS (Installer), MySQL 5.0, Test Track Pro
- Developed test plans, scenarios, and cases and evaluated their results.
- Identified various user requirements (performance, preparation, and automation) for Kinesis with LoadRunner.
- Prepared data-driven test scripts using QTP 9.5.