QA Automation Developer
Marco is a passionate SDET who always looks for solutions that automate manual processes in the development lifecycle. With over a decade of experience, he worked on several projects performing as a QA automation engineer, tech lead, and coach. Marco conducted testing in several layers of modern web applications, including UI, API, and performance. He has also been part of lead teams developing QA strategies from the ground up.
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on as a lead SDET and coach to several team members is a cyber security threat detection system.
QA Automation Engineer
- Developed a QA Process from scratch and translated this process to Jira by drawing specific workflow for US Stories, Tasks, Bugs, and dashboards for these workflows.
- Designed and implemented a UI Test Automation framework using Cypress.io.
- Created and implemented an API Test Automation framework using Cypress.io.
- Integrated the QA Automaton frameworks in CICD pipelines using Github Actions. These pipelines would allow developers to merge new code to the codebase only if tests would pass.
- Merged the QA Automation frameworks and the CICD pipelines with Cypress Dashboard service.
Staff Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer | Automation Engineer
Growth Acceleration Partners
- Implemented QA strategies and processes from scratch for several clients. They included everything from manual testing to automated CI/CD pipeline tests and synchronizing test results to an AWS S3 bucket.
- Automated hundreds of different tests for API, UI, and performance using various tools like Cypress.io, Capybara, Selenium, pytest, Protractor, Sauce Labs, etc. Included these automated tests in CI/CD pipelines.
- Designed and implemented several coding solutions to automate most of the manual processes during a prod release testing cycle, resulting in speeding up the testing process.
- Participated in the organization of our technical manual QA and QA automation boot camps. Taught courses on best practices in QA automation, API testing, Cypress.io, and CI/CD as a trainer.
- Worked as a personnel manager and oversaw several people. Coached and mentored them to help them grow and develop their careers in the company.
- Participated in designing and implementing strategies to speed up the recruiting process and hire the right talent for the company as part of the company's interview core team. Collaborated with the staffing team.
- Proposed redesigning the existing automation framework architecture by implementing best automation practices and design patterns, such as a page object model (POM). Trained the QA team members as well.
- Held workshops on integrating an automation framework with services such as Sauce Labs. Gave short talks about Git and CSS.
- Proposed a new GitFlow process to simplify merging feature branches and facilitate dealing with conflicts. Enabled parallelism in automation so that all test cases get executed in parallel.
- Configured Selenium Grid to allow cross-browser and cross-platform testing. Integrated Jira and Zephyr for Jira with the automation process.
Cybersecurity Threat Detection App
Trainer in QA Boot Camps and Workshopshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO5DrpccRNI&t=30s
Healthcare Software Application
I rebuilt the client's trust in us by defining a new QA process and including a new GitFlow that helped us provide faster and more reliable results. This new process helped foster better communication between the QA and development teams and a move to a better CI/CD environment. The pipeline was initiated in Jenkins and finished in Jira with charts showing test results. This facilitated the product owner's decision-making process.
In addition, as a QA automation lead, I coached the other QA automation engineers in the team to help them improve their skills. The client ended up being more than satisfied with the work done.
QA Automation for Car Dealerships
I was part of the core team that designed and implemented the automation framework using Capybara with RSpec as the app was written using Ruby on Rails, which provided a better and easier integration. Then the client wanted to have cross-browser coverage, so I contributed to an investigation which led us to propose Sauce Labs services. Finally, I worked on integrating such a service with our automation framework.
As a result, the client decided to grow our team and I became a coach to the new team members on the project and in the process.
QA Automation for SIEM
Blockchain Nft Game Apphttps://play.zeedz.io/
Selenium, Cypress, Capybara, Protractor, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Robot Framework, TestNG, Laravel
Git, Postman, Pytest, RSpec, GitLab CI/CD, GitHub, Jira, Jenkins, Vim Text Editor, Cucumber, Vagrant, Zephyr, Apache Maven
Page Object Model (POM), Test Automation, Object-oriented Programming (OOP)
QA Testing, UI Automation, API Testing, Quality Assurance (QA), QA Automation, REST API Automation, CI/CD Pipelines, QA Leadership, SDET, Sauce Labs, Performance, K6, GitHub Actions
Jira REST API, Selenium Grid, REST APIs, Nightwatch.js, Newman, Node.js, React, Web3.js
Docker, MacOS, Linux, Windows
MySQL, PostgreSQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Fidélitas University - San José, Costa Rica
Advanced Level Test Automation Engineer
Certified Tester Foundation Level