Verified Expert in Engineering
Marcos is a full-stack developer with over a decade of experience building and maintaining market-defining products. His machine learning background includes a deep learning research stint at MLC under Rosanne Liu (Google DeepMind). He also nurtures an interest in 3D games and simulations, most often relying on the Unity engine, where he has found success as an asset store publisher.
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), GitHub, Unity, Jupyter, Google Colaboratory (Colab), Docker
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on is a neural network inspired by cellular automata that learns to solve reasoning tasks.
Machine Learning Researcher
Machine Learning Collective
- Built a deep learning model based on neural cellular automata that learned to solve reasoning tasks.
- Provided feedback to other members on research group meetings.
- Participated in discussions on future research projects.
- Iterated on Bash-based infrastructure pipeline, including security reviews of existing core build scripts.
- Overhauled existing GitHub Actions set up with new CI automation and refactoring of existing workflows.
- Implemented successfully a new robot functionality.
Headrush Learning, Inc.
- Built and integrated GraphQL API into the mission-critical legacy system.
- Automated custom report generation based on GraphQL query templates.
- Consulted on the web security of deployed instances and implemented preventative measures.
Data Engineer | Back-end Developer
- Developed ingestion pipelines for insurance provider data.
- Informed business decisions with insights gathered from provider data analysis.
- Designed data model that unified schemas from different networks.
- Developed functionality for lab procedure execution guidance.
- Handled migration of the company's core API from Sails to Express.
- Introduced containerization, streamlining developer workflow and eliminating machine-state issues.
Data Engineer and Back-end Developer
- Built the API that acted as the company's backbone for managing streamer and sponsorship data.
- Developed various tools for data gathering and analysis.
- Led the back-end development team, designing server architecture and delegating workload.
- Built a Node.js API to support front-end functionality such as user management, sponsor registration, and payment tracking.
- Developed various tools to handle Twitch data extraction and processing.
- Extracted analytics from several terabytes of streamer data.
- Architected computer vision tools to reward sponsored Twitch streams for partnership compliance.
- Delivered a popular browser extension to thousands of active users.
- Led the tech overhaul of an eastern market leader clothing label.
- Built a secure and concurrent share trading market from scratch.
- Developed self-documenting REST and GraphQL APIs backed by Node.js.
- Created internal tools for improving reach and customer acquisition.
- Leveraged Google Cloud solutions for data processing.
- Developed serverless tools for data storage and analysis.
- Contributed to internal tools for optimizing the work of the agency's creatives.
- Developed Node.js scripts that interacted with the Facebook Marketing API.
- Created serverless scripts that were run on AWS Lambda.
- Wrote AWS Step Functions to manage and coordinate script execution.
- Created a drag and drop interface in AngularJS that allows the placing and resizing of widgets.
- Developed REST APIs used to power single-page apps using both SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Set up build systems using Grunt and Gulp, which increased useful development time.
- Led a team of developers in organizing contributions and communication between members.
- Hired new team members to assist with the front-end design of web apps.
- Created a browser extension for a customizable new tab page.
Backpropagation from Scratchhttps://marcospereira.me/2022/08/18/backpropagation-from-scratch/
The network is then trained on MNIST, achieving 85% accuracy.
Neural Cellular Automata for ARChttps://marcospereira.me/2020/11/01/ml-collective-arc/
Unity 3D Game
Progress updates on Twitter: https://twitter.com/voxelbased.
I am fascinated by how much is involved in making a good game. There are endless things to consider. Some things I have worked on so far and have written about are a procedural generation (https://marcospereira.me/2022/05/10/a-simple-hash-for-perlin-noise/) and multithreading (https://marcospereira.me/2022/05/06/safe-async-tasks-in-unity/).
On Frame Rate Independencehttps://marcospereira.me/2023/11/15/frame-rate-independent-lerp/
Twitter Infinite Scroll Disablerhttps://github.com/marcospgp/twitter-infinite-scroll-disabler
When users join a room by name, their stream will automatically be synchronized with others in the same room. If a user pauses the player, everyone else's stream is also paused.
Twitch Chat Bot Moduleshttps://github.com/marcospgp/koalabot-custom-modules
Link Shortener and Web Status Checkerhttps://github.com/marcospgp/infinifty-web-apps
Unity3D, Unity, AngularJS, Express.js, .NET, .NET Core, Django, Flask, Alembic, Blazor, Angular
NumPy, Node.js, REST APIs, PyTorch, OpenAPI, Pandas, WebGL, Keras, TensorFlow, WebRTC, Vue, Shopify API, SQLAlchemy, React
GitHub, BigQuery, Git, Amazon CloudWatch, Amazon CloudFront CDN, Terraform, Jupyter
Data Science, REST, Serverless Architecture, API Architecture, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), DevOps
Docker, AWS Lambda, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon EC2, Firebase, Meteor, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Heroku
MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Relational Databases, Amazon DynamoDB, Neo4j, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), NoSQL, Google Cloud, Redis, Redis Cache, Elasticsearch
Chrome Extensions, Machine Learning, Game Development, Algorithms, Web Development, APIs, API Design, Games, 3D Games, Game AI, Unity3D AI, Data Visualization, Web Applications, Big Data, Full-stack, Software Engineering, WebSockets, Data Analytics, Web Scraping, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Back-end, Architecture, Google BigQuery, CI/CD Pipelines, Amazon API Gateway, Technical Architecture, Leadership, OpenAI API, Computer Vision, System Architecture, Team Leadership, Networking, GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT), Large Language Models (LLMs), Fine-tuning, Retrieval Augmented Generation (RAG), Back-end Development, Deep Learning, Amazon RDS, eCommerce, FastAPI, Google Colaboratory (Colab)
Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering
University of Minho - Braga, Portugal