Senior Front-end Software Engineer2016 - 2020ADP Innovation Lab
- Led the front-end development of the new user onboarding and account setup workflows for both web and mobile, which impacted 30+ million users. It is built with React and React Native.
- Spearheaded the front-end development of the internationalization support for all client-critical pages to make the ADP website available in 140+ countries.
- Served as the tech lead of a team of more than ten engineers in building a new identity control center platform for both web and mobile, which impacted 20+ thousand users. It is built with React, React Native, Node.js, MySQL, and Couchbase.
- Led the development of a new multi-factor authentication framework along with spearheading the framework adoption initiative across multiple product teams to make it available in all ADP’s core products for 15,000+ companies’ payroll worldwide.
- Actively contributed to product and roadmap planning and UX design sessions with product managers, clients, and UX designers.
- Achieved a proven track record to step up and manage to meet critical product deadlines with very limited developer resources on my team from time to time.
- Took full responsibility and ownership of the codebase of client-critical identity-related front-end workflows; became the main point of contact and stayed on call for any production issues, feature requests, and support.
- Frequently demonstrated and presented the status of the development I had been leading and my research findings to the leadership conferences.
Full-stack Software Engineer2015 - 2016ADP, LLC
- Architected and designed a proprietary authentication and authorization framework for web and mobile applications. The framework contains three granted patents with my name on all of them.
- Worked with 20 developers to complete the development of the proprietary authorization framework using React, Node.js, MongoDB, MySQL, Scala, and Casandra.
- Designed and developed a Selenium end-to-end regression test framework to replace manual tests companywide. Ensured the framework not only covers all the common use cases and edge cases but all major browsers as well as IE and IE Edge.
- Ensured 100% code coverage of unit test for all the core front-end and back-end repositories using Jest, Mocha, and Chai.
- Rolled out a database migration to switch from MongoDB to Couchbase Server for all the microservices in the team.
- Strictly adhered to the highest security standard for front-end and back-end development (ADP ranked #1 in Security 500).
- Executed in a highly experimental and R&D-oriented domain to stay on the cutting-edge of trending open-source technologies.
- Ensured each release quality and continuous deployment by automating the build process and comprehensive regression tests on Jenkins.
- Worked closely with the infrastructure team to constantly upgrade and patch all the apps and microservices in the team to stay up-to-date with the new tech stacks as well as stronger performance and security requirements.
- Ensured integration tests covered all the possible interactions between services and databases in a real-cloud environment.
Full-stack Web Developer2014 - 2015Acupay System LLC
- Developed solely and from scratch to product launch a global-asset-management-services web app with a monthly value of US$500,000. It is built with AngularJS, Node.js (Express.js/Jade), MS SQL Server, Grunt, and MFA authentication.
- Built by myself and from scratch to product launch a European tax-processing-services web app with a monthly value of US$ 100,000. It is built with Angular, Node.js (Hapi.js/Handlebar.js), and MS SQL Server.
- Implemented a centralized mailing server to manage all internal email in a secure channel and provide an admin dashboard with real-time mailing status update and stats charts. It's built with React, Flux, WebSockets, D3.js, and Grunt.
Teaching Assistant2014 - 2014Columbia University
Technologies: Oozie, HBase, Apache Hive, GraphDB, Mahout, Apache Pig, Hadoop
- Assisted the professor in the supervision of 50+ students concerning their big data programming projects using Hadoop 2, Pig, Mahout, GraphDB, Hive, HBase, and Oozie.
- Offered support (TA hours) to guide/debug all course-related resources, assignments, and projects for over 100 students every week.
- Hosted TA sessions for live demos to demonstrate how to build/run/develop Pig, Hive, HBase, Oozie, Mahout, and GraphDB in a Hadoop 2 ecosystem and how to apply them to a real-world problem.