- Software Developer, System AdministratorFreelance2011 - PRESENT
Technologies: Python, PHP, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Scrapy, Django, Angular.js
- Created a fuzzy matching system for matching scraped products from different e-stores.
- Developed an OCR web service for scraping prices of e-stores and displaying them as images.
- Wrote a dozen web crawlers for monitoring product prices in e-stores.
- Worked as a data analyst for a large real estate database. Created reports and scoring systems for the real estate market in New York.
- Wrote a script for automatic video uploading to YouTube as part of a large campaign including around 60K short videos.
- Wrote Python module data ingestion as part of a data analytics web application.
- Created an admin panel for managing media items, written in Django.
- Developed a vendor relationship management system for managing vendor information for a multinational marketing agency, written in Django.
- Software EngineerAnnalect2014 - 2016
Technologies: Python, Redshift
- Wrote ETL processes for data ingestion.
- Built a data warehouse for Nielsen ratings.
- Built small-scale web admin consoles.
- Software Engineer, System AdministratorNexuspoint2012 - 2014
Technologies: PHP, Python, MySQL, ExpressionEngine, Yii, Linux, Varnish, Nginx
- Created a website solution targeted at UK auto traders. Built the site with ExpressionEngine. Included custom-built Python scripts synchronizing with the customer's internal system, along with various APIs.
- Administered the company's Linux web servers.
- Created a car parts database out of scraped data.
- Created a WiFi hotspot with a captive portal based on Coova firmware for Linksys WRT54GL.
- Developed various small scale web sites in PHP, ExpressionEngine, and Yii.
- Software Engineer, System AdministratorNeotel2008 - 2012
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, Bash, Linux, Python
- Created a data integration system by writing a collection of ETL scripts integrating data from all internal systems (Billing, AAA, VoIP, and Web Servers).
- Built a provisioning system for automated configuration of customer equipment.
- Developed a YouTube caching system based on a Squid proxy server adapted with Python plugins for caching popular videos.
- Programmed a number portability application required by the state regulator. Synchronized the porting of phone numbers into different operators. Developed in PHP and MySQL and used SOAP web services.
- Implemented Virtualmin as a hosting panel solution for web hosting clients.