Python Developer in Skopje, Macedonia
Lead Developer, Founder2015 - PRESENTEyetea Solutions
- Hired, trained, and provided continuous support to a growing team of developers.
- Designed and oversaw the development of a language learning platform written in Django and AngularJS.
- Designed and oversaw the development of applications for newspaper scraping and online radio.
- Supported the development of an online movie database, similar to IMDB, written in Django.
- Designed and oversaw the development of a business simulation software for educational purposes, written in Django and React.
Software Developer, System Administrator2011 - PRESENTFreelance
Technologies: Python, PHP, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Scrapy, Django, AngularJS
- Created a fuzzy matching system for matching scraped products from different e-stores.
- Developed an OCR web service for scraping prices of e-stores and displaying them as images.
- Wrote a dozen web crawlers for monitoring product prices in e-stores.
- Worked as a data analyst for a large real estate database. Created reports and scoring systems for the real estate market in New York.
- Wrote a script for automatic video uploading to YouTube as part of a large campaign including around 60k short videos.
- Created a web application for sending out alert messages via SMS, voice, or email. Led a team of five developers.
- Created a Chrome browser extension that analyzes the HTML content that the user is viewing and shows relevant actions and ads. Uses NLP processing modules in Python.
Data Engineer2014 - 2016Annalect (via Toptal)
Technologies: Python, Redshift, Django
- Built a data warehouse for Nielsen ratings data. Wrote the ETL process in Python and stored data in Redshift. Wrote SQL for complex analytical reports on tables containing 2+ billion rows.
- Wrote ETL processes for data ingestion from various sources.
- Built small-scale web admin consoles.
Software Engineer, System Administrator2012 - 2014Nexuspoint
Technologies: PHP, Python, MySQL, ExpressionEngine, Yii, Linux, Varnish, Nginx
- Created a website solution targeted at UK auto traders. Built the site with ExpressionEngine. Included custom-built Python scripts synchronizing with the customer's internal system along with various APIs.
- Administered the company's Linux web servers.
- Created a car parts database out of scraped data.
- Created a WiFi hotspot with a captive portal based on Coova firmware for Linksys WRT54GL.
- Developed various small scale websites in PHP, ExpressionEngine, and Yii.
Software Engineer, System Administrator2008 - 2012Neotel
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, Bash, Linux, Python
- Created a data integration system by writing a collection of ETL scripts integrating data from all internal systems (Billing, AAA, VoIP, and Web Servers).
- Built a provisioning system for automated configuration of customer equipment.
- Developed a YouTube caching system based on a Squid proxy server adapted with Python plugins for caching popular videos.
- Programmed a number portability application required by the state regulator. Synchronized the porting of phone numbers into different operators. Developed in PHP and MySQL and used SOAP web services.
- Implemented Virtualmin as a hosting panel solution for web hosting clients.
- Data Warehouse for Nielsen Ratings (Development)
A data warehouse for Nielsen Rating data. It includes both the ETL process for ingesting the data into a Redshift database and a variety of custom reporting modules.
- Mass Comunication Alert System (Development)https://alertcascade.co.uk/
A system that sends out automated voice calls, SMS, and email messages to users en masse. Designed as a automated implementation of the traditional call tree.
- YouTube Caching System (Development)
A Squid proxy server adapted with Python plugins for caching YouTube videos. We implemented this at Neotel in 2010 in response to a dramatic increase in YouTube traffic, to the point where our customers were unable to normally watch a video. It was an exciting project because we did reverse engineering on YouTube. After two months of work, we had a solution that saved 35% of the bandwidth we bought from our upstream providers.
The solution ended up being a temporary one, as eventually we were approved by Google to host their CDN servers, but it was interesting to see that Google's CDN system worked very similarly to what we had designed.
- Brutus Chrome Extension (Development)
a Chrome browser extension that analyzes the HTML content that the user is viewing and shows relevant actions and ads. Uses NLP processing modules in Python
- Automotive Web Solutions (Development)http://www.nexuspoint.co.uk/services/automotive
At Nexuspoint, we created a web solution based in ExpressionEngine that was targeted at used car dealers in the UK. I integrated the website with the car dealer's internal systems and pulled data from various third-party APIs in order to make it easier for customers to choose their next car.
FrameworksDjango, Django REST Framework, Bootstrap, Flask, AngularJS, Scrapy
StorageData Integration, MySQL, Redshift, PostgreSQL
OtherData Modeling, Data Warehouse, Team Leadership, Chrome Extensions, Project Management
Libraries/APIsTwilio API, jQuery, React, Vue.js, Pandas
ToolsGit, Nginx, Squid Proxy Server, Varnish
ParadigmsREST, Agile, ETL
PlatformsLinux, Apache Server, Heroku
- Graduate-level coursework in Bussiness Infomatics2012 - 2013University of Ljubljana - Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science2004 - 2008American College of Thessaloniki - Thessaloniki, Greece
- Certified Technician in RedHat Linux2007 - 2007RedHat, Inc. - INET Skopje, Macedonia
- Cisco Certified Network Technician in Computer Networks2005 - 2006Cisco Networking Academy - Thessaloniki, Greece
- Red Hat Certified TechnicianNOVEMBER 2008 - NOVEMBER 2010Red Hat
- Cisco Certified Network AssociateJUNE 2007 - PRESENTCisco