Lead Developer, Founder2015 - PRESENTEyetea Solutions
- Hired, trained, and provided continuous support to a growing team of developers.
- Designed and oversaw the development of a language learning platform written in Django and AngularJS.
- Designed and oversaw the development of applications for newspaper scraping and online radio.
- Supported the development of an online movie database, similar to IMDB, written in Django.
- Designed and oversaw the development of a business simulation software for educational purposes, written in Django and React.
Software Developer, System Administrator2011 - PRESENTFreelance
Technologies: Python, PHP, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Scrapy, Django, AngularJS
- Created a fuzzy matching system for matching scraped products from different e-stores.
- Developed an OCR web service for scraping prices of e-stores and displaying them as images.
- Wrote a dozen web crawlers for monitoring product prices in e-stores.
- Worked as a data analyst for a large real estate database. Created reports and scoring systems for the real estate market in New York.
- Wrote a script for automatic video uploading to YouTube as part of a large campaign including around 60k short videos.
- Created a web application for sending out alert messages via SMS, voice, or email. Led a team of five developers.
- Created a Chrome browser extension that analyzes the HTML content that the user is viewing and shows relevant actions and ads. Uses NLP processing modules in Python.
Data Engineer2014 - 2016Annalect (via Toptal)
Technologies: Python, Redshift, Django
- Built a data warehouse for Nielsen ratings data. Wrote the ETL process in Python and stored data in Redshift. Wrote SQL for complex analytical reports on tables containing 2+ billion rows.
- Wrote ETL processes for data ingestion from various sources.
- Built small-scale web admin consoles.
Software Engineer, System Administrator2012 - 2014Nexuspoint
Technologies: PHP, Python, MySQL, ExpressionEngine, Yii, Linux, Varnish, Nginx
- Created a website solution targeted at UK auto traders. Built the site with ExpressionEngine. Included custom-built Python scripts synchronizing with the customer's internal system along with various APIs.
- Administered the company's Linux web servers.
- Created a car parts database out of scraped data.
- Created a WiFi hotspot with a captive portal based on Coova firmware for Linksys WRT54GL.
- Developed various small scale websites in PHP, ExpressionEngine, and Yii.
Software Engineer, System Administrator2008 - 2012Neotel
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, Bash, Linux, Python
- Created a data integration system by writing a collection of ETL scripts integrating data from all internal systems (Billing, AAA, VoIP, and Web Servers).
- Built a provisioning system for automated configuration of customer equipment.
- Developed a YouTube caching system based on a Squid proxy server adapted with Python plugins for caching popular videos.
- Programmed a number portability application required by the state regulator. Synchronized the porting of phone numbers into different operators. Developed in PHP and MySQL and used SOAP web services.
- Implemented Virtualmin as a hosting panel solution for web hosting clients.