Founder and Full-stack Web Developer2020 - PRESENTDoYouNotes
Technologies: TypeScript, React, Web, HTML5, Stripe, PWA, Progressive Web Applications (PWA), Stripe Checkout
- Solely designed, developed, and published a web-based app that allows students to add and practice questions on PDF files. The app is production-ready, scalable, mobile-ready, cloud-synchronized, and offline-ready.
- Implemented a pixel-perfect web-based UI with mobile-native look-and-feel, responsive layouts, custom-tailored components and animations, drag-and-drop integration, high performance and PWA support.
- Mastered advanced HTML5, CSS3, and modern web APIs such as Service Workers, IndexedDB, Canvas elements, Web Workers, Cache API, multi-touch events, drag-and-drop events, DOM manipulation, programmatic animations, History API, and more.
- Improved the app over time by collecting and analyzing usage data, both as analytics and session recordings. Tracked and optimized acquisition, onboarding conversion rate, activations, and retention rates.
- Prepared marketing material and marketed the app via video ads and other channels. Set up payments in the app and user-to-user referrals.
Front-end Developer | Contractor2020 - 2020Geckosoft
Technologies: Angular, Web, REST, REST APIs, RESTful APIs
- Developed a web-based PDF viewer with custom functionality using Angular and PDF.js and integrated it into a complex web application.
- Contributed to designing a custom blockchain implementation similar in functionality to Amazon Quantum Ledger Database (QLDB).
- Optimized the web-based PDF viewer's performance on large PDFs by using browser profiling tools and reducing the Angular-related overhead.
- Collaborated with a team of around ten people, following their best practices regarding agile development, code quality, and code reviews.
Machine Learning Engineer | Data Scientist | Software Engineer2018 - 2020BioBeats (Merged into Huma Therapeutics)
Technologies: TensorFlow, Pandas, React Native, TypeScript, REST, REST APIs, RESTful APIs
- Developed machine learning-based algorithms to process physiological signals in public datasets, such as ECG signal shape analysis and correlation with other physiological factors.
- Designed algorithms to process real-time data from smartphone and wearable sensors—for instance, to detect heart and respiration rate from motion sensors—and implemented them as part of mobile apps.
- Contributed to designing and developing an internal framework for the cross-platform implementation of data-processing algorithms in native Android and iOS apps.
Chief Back-end Engineer | Co-founder2012 - 2014Kiwi S.r.l. (defunct)
Technologies: Java, Google App Engine, REST, REST APIs, RESTful APIs, Location Tracking
- Designed and developed REST APIs for our mobile apps, which tracked user location and allowed users to share content with other users nearby.
- Implemented an efficient spatial index for querying user locations on top of a non-spatial cloud database.
- Managed up to three back-end developers and oversaw the mobile front-end development regarding their integration with the back-end APIs.