Software Engineer2019 - 2020DeepChannel (via Toptal)
Technologies: Docker, Redux, React, Electron, TypeScript
- Researched, designed, and implemented an extensible SQL parser to support dialects, linting, and smart autocompletion.
- Integrated with ACE editor, using React Hooks, and extended to support various SQL dialects and custom interactions.
- Encouraged the use of TDD, resulting in a 100% coverage on parsing/completion algorithms, with Jest, and benchmark scripts.
Software Developer2018 - 2019ViewPointSystem
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), WebRTC, GStreamer, Django, Python, Docker, AWS, Bitbucket, TeamCity, Vue.js, Node.js
- Setup a CI environment for teams with vastly different needs, including a custom apartment server.
- Created a Node.js/Vue.js test-runner for the testing department's Python testing scripts for C-level consumption.
- Designed and built a WebRTC Vue.js application for communication (P2P, video, audio, and text) with the product.
- Communicated via Slack with the various teams, held, daily standups, and met in-office twice a month.
- Developed with cutting-edge GStreamer technologies, digging through C source because of the lack of documentation.
- Developed with Vim, SSH, and Tmux on Nvidia embedded devices, including reliable AP setups.
- Involved in the hiring and onboarding of new talent.
Back-end Developer2018 - 2018SaferPass
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, Swagger, Grafana, Docker, Couchbase, Node.js
- Refactored legacy services to use modern programming standards and consequently fixed unknown bugs and performance issues.
- Researched and installed service health-monitoring systems.
- Communicated with an all Slovakian team, only some of whom spoke English.
Front-end Developer2017 - 2017Active Allocator
Technologies: Selenium, Chai, Mocha, React, TypeScript
- Oversaw the updates of E2E tests and maintained the codebase accordingly.
- Worked remotely on Slack.
- Learned and implemented industry React practices on the fly.
Graphics Contractor2017 - 2017NDA Client
Technologies: WebGL, SVG, Canvas
- Created interactive animations from scratch with a focus on performance and responsiveness.
- Communicated with non-techy personnel, setting realistic requirements and explaining how to embed my code in their product.
- Developed modular and pluggable animation logic to allow for different rendering technologies to be used in different scenarios.
Front-end Developer2017 - 2017Methodicate
Technologies: Chai, Mocha, SCSS, Angular
- Continued the development of an existing Angular codebase by adding tests and features.
- Constantly communicated via Slack with team members.
- Contributed to OSS projects to aid development.
Front-end Developer2016 - 2017EOXplore
Technologies: LeafletJS, Maps, Canvas
- Designed and implemented web apps to showcase and visualize APIs that are the product of the company.
- Outsourced to entities like ISMB and Covjson to fix their UI/graphics needs, as part of partnerships.
- Communicated mainly with algorithmic/C++ developers. Had a small foundational overlap to figure out solutions.
Graphics Contractor2015 - 2016Techyscouts
Technologies: SVG, Canvas
- Interfaced with non-techy clients to overhaul the design of their website with eye-catching animations, regardless of my personal taste (the clients were really insistent on having a busy non-accessible webpage despite my counseling. I fulfilled their vision).
- Designed and implemented a dozen of immersive interactive canvas animations, built from scratch and all unique.
- Designed and implemented a custom inter-page navigation system.
Front-end Developer2015 - 2015Evershelf
Technologies: SVG, CSS, HTML, Adobe Photoshop
- Implemented and improved a Photoshop web design for their front page.
- Communicated via email (as requested by the client), and met at coffee shops.
- Kept in contact and helped with further projects.