Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer2018 - PRESENTKlika d.o.o.
Technologies: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, MySQL, RabbitMQ, JWT, Microservices, Fintech, Docker, Nginx, Rest API, XML
- Contributed to the development of a fintech project and provided performance troubleshooting and optimizations.
- Developed primarily back-end (microservices, REST API integrations, etc.) features but contributed to the full stack.
- Implemented solutions and delivered high quality software based on Ruby on Rails.
- Applied software standards of clean code and proven optimization techniques.
- Created, maintained, and debugged software.
- Planned and defined requirements, creating software designs and translating them into code.
Lead Software Engineer2017 - PRESENTOSB IT and Engineering
- Managed a team of five people, coaching and mentoring them as well as supervising their day to day activities.
- Reviewed code and developed on front-end projects.
- Led the team as Scrum Master.
Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer2016 - 2017Genijalno.ba
Technologies: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, CrateIO, PostgreSQL, React, Node.js
- Contributed to the development of a number of small projects.
- Provided full-stack development.
- Managed a small team and reviewed code.
- Set project architecture.
Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer2016 - 2016Pulsr (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, Twitter API, Twilio API, Eventful API, Foursquare API, REST, JSON, PostGIS, Sidekiq, Git, Linux, Amazon RDS, EC2, S3
- Worked on a back-end REST API.
- Implemented Redis caching for the REST API.
- Worked with geospatial queries (PostGIS) and geocoding.
- Refactored some of the previously implemented features like importing events and venues from external APIs (Eventful/Foursquare).
- Participated in code reviews.
- Implemented API versioning and authentication.
- Worked on parsing tweets ingested from Twitter, using Twitter Stream.
- Refactored notifications (SMS, email, push notifications).
- Fixed bugs.
Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer2016 - 2016Stowaway Cosmetics (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Heroku, Amazon RDS, Ansible, REST API, JSON, Spree
- Developed architecture for a new REST API used for an eCommerce site.
- Worked on a REST API that uses Spree eCommerce framework.
- Created Ansible scripts to migrate data from an Amazon RDS instance to Heroku.
- Helped to setup and deploy a new API to Heroku.
- Participated in code reviews.
Senior Software Engineer2013 - 2016Maestral Solutions
- Worked on several projects as a full-stack developer using a broad range of technologies and following the Agile and Scrum methodologies of software development.
- Worked on creating a powerful survey engine that enables company-wide management of surveys.
- Worked on a promotions management web app used for creating and scheduling effective promotion campaigns, contests, and events for a given organization.
- Worked on a hybrid mobile app (PhoneGap + Ionic framework + AngularJS) used for time tracking employees or members of a given organization.
- Worked on a web app that provides information to hunters about planning hunting season. The app provides services for scheduling and reservation of hunting stands and marking the stands using Google Maps.
- Worked on a social network site intended for hunters. The app provides several advanced functionalities like a friends suggestion engine, notifications, messaging, content sharing, and integration with other popular social networks like Facebook, Google+, and Twitter.
Software Engineer2011 - 2013Raiffeisen Bank
Technologies: VB6, VB.NET, C#, Windows Forms, Web Forms, Windows Services, WCF Services, MS SQL, Reporting Services, TFS
- Worked on core banking services and financial systems that supported more than a million financial transactions per day.
- Worked with large, complex, and distributed databases.
- Exposed to the complexities on all levels and phases of the software development cycle.
- Worked on various optimizations processes (SQL queries, reporting services, WCF services optimization, and configuration).
- Provided real-time support for a large number of customers.
- Created a powerful engine that deals with processing and generation of SWIFT transactions.
- Worked on business and transaction rule engines that represent an important part of the core of banking system.
- Worked on creating e-banking and mobile banking services.
Junior .NET Developer2011 - 2011ComTrade
Technologies: ASP.NET MVC, WCF Services, Web Services, Windows Services, C#, C++, Entity Framework, LINQ, MS SQL Server, SVN
- Worked primarily on the back-end.
- Wrote and managed IVR Scripts.
- Parsed a variety of XML messages.
- Contributed to service integration with BH Telecom.
- Developed SMS message processing.