Verified Expert in Engineering
Git, MacOS, Docker, TypeScript, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
The most amazing...
...application I've created is the world's first headless open source LMS with the MACH (Microservices, API-first, Cloud-native, and Headless) manifesto.
Founder | CTO
- Polished the style guide and reusable components, including the bespoke theme customizer.
- Helped to build a demo with source code ready to be forked. With headless API-first technology, it's possible to build a custom bespoke solution and integrate it with any other technology.
- Worked on this demo made for developers with battle-tested technologies Laravel 9, PHP 8, Node.js, TypeScript, and React. It has a one-click installer with both Docker and Kubernetes.
- Self-hosted and prioritized data privacy, so you can watch over your data and costs. Used a ULAM headless course format with a customizable RESTful API. It's also front-end framework agnostic and designed to be integration and plugin friendly.
- Coded 290,000 lines (2022); in 60+ public repositories on GitHub (MIT license), seven public modules on npm, 46 public modules on Packagist, four public images on Hub.docker.com, and unit, integration, end-to-end and mutation tests.
- Wrote technical documentation including VuePress page, Swagger endpoints, unit test scenarios, C4 architecture model, API references, front-end SDK, Styleguidist components, styled-component theme customizer, TypeDoc, sample codes, and tutorials.
- Reported directly to the chief executive officer (CEO); formulated a vision for how technology will be utilized within the company and outlined company goals and timelines for research and development.
- Developed technical aspects of the company's strategy to align with its business goals and ensure that the technological resources satisfied short- and long-term needs.
- Verified all technological practices adhered to regulatory standards and compliance; identified and implemented innovative technologies that yield competitive advantage; managed teams, big data, and the product lifecycle.
- Helped departments use technology profitably and mentored team members; supervised the system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency; built quality assurance and data protection processes.
- Monitored KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance; capitalized on stakeholders' feedback to advise on necessary improvements and adjustments; communicated the tech strategy to partners and investors.
- Maintained a consumer-focused outlook, centrally on delivering IT projects to market. Made executive decisions on behalf of the company's technological requirements. Developed code for the front- and back end.
- Implemented various CMS solutions, which included reading and writing briefs and documentation, consulting on web technologies, and maintaining and leading a team of 50 developers.
- Met with clients to clarify what they want during workshops. Maintained weekly internal technical meetups about various topics with YouTube channel; designed prototypes for apps and websites.
- Provided technical support, which included designing software architecture in various formats (UML, c4, DDD, diagrams), and maintained various hosting solutions, including on-premise and the cloud.
- Designed and maintained DevOps continuous integration and deployment.
Senior Front-end Developer
- Implemented the client's bespoke state-of-art URL affiliation system.
- Worked on the client's intranet dashboard based on Laravel.
- Implemented with pixel perfection the Figma designs provided by another Toptal designer.
Founder | Team Leader | Software Developer | Entrepreneur
- Built an application that allows blind people to experience visual art via real-time audio descriptions.
- Created an application that efficiently and easily allows Polish students to order food for a long break.
- Developed dozens of SilverStripe and Drupal websites.
- Created applications and bespoke REST APIs documented with Swagger.
- Developed successful intranet systems for various clients.
- Implemented responsive themes for an online portfolio site, Format.com.
- Delivered content for indoor and outdoor museum exhibitions that included interactive info kiosks and games.
- Created deployment scripts and a continuous integration environment.
- Deployed various websites to Linux-based servers with Docker support.
- Managed processes of handling tasks with another Toptal developer.
- Created a bespoke Kanban board as an HTML5 component.
- Implemented all client requests, including various gateways for e-payments.
ISA Pride Surveys
- Created an anti-corruption layer pattern for handling the client's API data.
- Built a bespoke interactive website for a company using Laravel.
- Learned and used a client-proposed CMS called Statamic (based on Laravel).
Use It Better
- Co-authored the ActionScript 3-based Use It Better framework for analytics.
- Developed award-winning creative Flash websites.
- Built an XML API to communicate between ActionScript and the server back end.
- Developed templates from Photoshop files which included converting PSD files to SWF/HTML.
- Composed deployment scripts with Ant XML and Bash.
Web Designer | Developer
- Developed bespoke eCommerce websites, including various eCommerce PHP scripts.
- Built bespoke CMS systems with first PHP versions and Smarty templates.
- Created XML APIs for communicating between Flash websites and PHP back ends.
- Developed Flash websites and standalone presentations.
Wellms Headless LMShttps://github.com/EscolaLMS/
• Polished style guide and reusable components, including a bespoke theme customizer
• Headless API-first technology with which you can build a custom bespoke solution and integrate it with any other tech
• Made for developers with battle-tested technologies (Laravel 9+, PHP 8+, Node.js, TypeScript, React)
• 1-click installer with both Docker and Kubernetes
• Self-hosted while prioritizing data privacy; keep a constant watch over your data and your costs.
• Uses a headless open format RESTful API
• It is front-end framework agnostic
• Designed to be integration- and plugin-friendly
• 1 year+ of intense full-stack programming
• Approximately 290,000 lines of code (TypeScript and PHP 8 mostly)
• More than 60 public repositories on GitHub (MIT license)
• Seven public modules on npm
• more than 46 public modules on packagist
• Four public images on Hub.docker
• Unit, integration, end-to-end, and mutation tests (Jest, Cypress, PHPUnit, Infection)
• VuePress page
• Swagger endpoints
• Unit test scenarios
• C4 architecture model
• API references for the front end, SDK, Styleguidist components, styled-components
• Sample codes and tutorials
Each purchase under Polish law must be confirmed by a qualified signature. The application generates PDFs with legal terms that later must be signed and validated.
London Wall Database
CRM System for a Recruitment Company
The system includes:
• Continuous integration with GitLab; developed a branch that's also the building stage for testing features and master building production
• Laravel 5-based back end
• Fully documented REST API with JWT authentication
• React front end with the Ant framework
• Multi-language front end
• Reports (PDF, XLS, CSV)
• Multi-level employee access
• Comarch Optima integration
• Agreement generation based on a DOCx template and giver order, a new agreement is generated in real time with fulfilled fields
The CRM module includes the following:
• Tax calculators
• File repository
• Revenue calculation
Artsee Laznia. WebRTC iBeacons Cordovahttps://medium.com/qunabu-interactive/listen-to-the-art-a-story-about-making-art-visible-to-people-that-cant-see-d0edb00f3cef
The whole technology stack is based upon WebRTC, which enables peer-to-peer direct communication between people who visit the exhibition and curators that describe the art.
I did system architecture for the application based on the following:
• WebRTC for peer-to-peer communication wrapped in a Cordova mobile container
• Admin panel using Node.js, Express, and React
• Client application using React, Socket.IO, and WebRTC
• PWA as a feature
At the end of 2017, when progressive web apps (PWA) had matured, we added those as a feature, so now the user can experience the app without installing it on their device.
The process of ordering food is very simple. Just create an account, choose the school, and order food. The application is available for three types of users: administrators, providers, and students.
Tuszama is connected to Płatności24 and has a subscription for account recharging.
This is a Meteor application that features:
• Continuous integration features: daily PDF reports for providers
• Custom PDF and CSV reports for the given criteria
• D3.js statistical diagrams
• Cron email for providers; an email is sent one minute after the order deadline
• Three types of privileges: administrators, providers, and clients
• Daily backups
• Google Maps API address verification
• Virtual wallet
• Sophisticated order process based on each school and provider-specific deadline
• Cordova iOS and Android with push notifications
Bespoke D3.js Charts
The project contains the following:
• Custom HTML5 components customized by data attribute
• Fully customized (colors, dimensions, labels, etc.) charts based on the latest iteration of D3.js
• Alluvial charter
• Pee chat
• Distribution chart
• Bar chart
• Custom bespoke chart
• Bespoke slide presentation
• Deployment scripts based on npm, JSON, and PHP
Web Development Companyhttps://qunabu.com
Bespoke D3.js Gannt Chart
It uses a CSV file for data that the client uploads with a simple Laravel back-end and an “Upload new CSV file” button. Another useful feature is that it can present different categories on a Gantt-ish timeline chart. A user can choose specific time periods as “helpers” to show the right time period such as the first quarter, next month, and so on. It also provides a popup with more detailed information when clicking on an activity.
For Tabanda, I have prepared a website and shop based on Drupal with eCommerce solutions.
Website contains many bespoke implementation written from Skratch in Drupal D7 Framework.
GAK Main Page and Branches Builderhttp://gak.gda.pl
The main page features a calendar showing upcoming events, sorted by color depending on the branch. Next is a map with locations.
The main website contains an API that expose all the events to each branch. Every branch has a separate SilverStripe website that has a bespoke visual block composer that allows to build and style its own website.
All events information are take from the main page and the rest is maintained by the branches crew.
Gdańsk Main Library (WBPG)http://wbpg.org.pl
This is a SilverStripe based project.
Attendees can add files and photos, helping build the festival's presence, and the site is responsive for mobile viewing.
Kildonan Lodge Hotel
Grassomania Outdoor Gameshttps://youtu.be/ZqeV-xmc3Cg
The site has a PDF creator and ZIP package (with full definition images) for press journalists.
Every Step Leaves a Tracehttp://qunabu.com/work/every-step-leaves-a-trace
For the exhibition, I made a ten-minute film from start to finish and three ActionScript-based applications for touchscreen interaction.
Laravel, PixiJS, SilverStripe, PhoneGap, Bootstrap, Smarty, .NET, Next.js, Jest, Ant Design, PHPUnit, Jasmine, Kohana, Phaser.io, Drupal Commerce, Cypress, Express.js, Angular, Ember.js, Bootstrap 3, Serverless Framework
D3.js, Node.js, jQuery, Backbone.js, Handlebars, Google Maps API, REST APIs, React, Antd, Facebook API, LinkedIn API, Instagram API, Lodash, Redis Queue, YouTube API, Fabric, Experience API (xAPI), GitHub API, Stripe API, Stripe Connect, Vue, Stripe, Twilio API, WebRTC, Socket.IO
GitLab, Shell, Composer, NPM, GitHub, PhpStorm, HipChat, Grunt, Chrome Developer Tools, Slack, Adobe Photoshop, Subversion (SVN), GitLab CI/CD, Git, Redmine, Docker Compose, GitHub Pages, Adobe Illustrator, PrestaShop, Adobe AIR, Drush, VirtualBox, MySQL Workbench, Balsamiq, Sketch, Postman, Makefile, Docker Hub, Codecov, Jira, Flash, Mathematica, Figma, Mattermost, Spreadsheets
Functional Programming, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), DevOps, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), Unit Testing, REST, Test-driven Development (TDD), Agile, E2E Testing, GRASP, SCORM, Testing, Microservices
Ubuntu, Ubuntu Linux, Docker, iOS, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Drupal, Meteor, Magento, Arduino, MacOS, Raspberry Pi, Raspbian, YouTube, Amazon Web Services (AWS), WordPress, OpenCart, UseItBetter, Statamic, Kubernetes, Blockchain, AWS Lambda
JSON, MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis Cache, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Redis
HTML Templates, PSD to Drupal, PSD to HTML, Cordova, Code Architecture, System Architecture, HTML5 Package (H5P), Architecture, APIs, Full-stack Development, Full-stack, Server-side Rendering (SSR), Mockups, iBeacon, Sketch to HTML, Styled-components, Storybook, Strapi, SCORM Compatibility, Streaming, xAPI, CTO, Back-office System Development, AmCharts, C4 Model, UML Diagrams, Code Review, PWA, Domain-driven Design (DDD), Documentation, White Box Testing, SDKs, Headless Software, Jitsi, Learning Management Systems (LMS), Integration Testing, PDF, Digital Signatures, Email Parsing, Real-time Communication (RTC), Video Chat, Peer-to-peer Networking, Server-side PDF Generation, Mobile Wallet, Reports
Master's Degree in IT with Economics
University of Gdańsk - Gdańsk, Poland
Domain Driver Design Workshop