C# Developer in Buenos Aires, Argentina
C# Developer2009 - PRESENTDoctor Sapix Finance Software
Technologies: C#, Adobe Flex, MySQL, SQL Server
- Designed and developed financial applications from scratch, i.e., fixed income apps, derivative tools, and a portfolio manager application for family offices.
- Planned and programmed quantitative finance algorithms for different financial models and assets, e.g., Black-Scholes, Nelson-Siegel.
- Designed, developed, and used web APIs based on different technologies.
- Managed products, in particular concerning the improvement of design and development of new features.
- Developed different interfaces for retrieving data from Bloomberg, Yahoo Finance, Morningstar, and other financial information sources.
- Processed financial accounts statements and activity records from different banks, e.g., Pershing, Deutsche Bank, UBS, Merrill Lynch, etc.
- Created an automated testing tool using Cucumber.
- Designed domain models based on a strong understanding of financial markets and the needs of current and potential customers.
Lead Developer2016 - 2017Sanders & Phillips
Technologies: .NET, C#, ASP.NET, Salesforce API
- Led a team composed of remote developers, including fellow Toptalers.
- Contributed to an important migration from a legacy ASP.NET (WebForms) core application to Salesforce.
- Improved the performance of different tools and processes developed in .NET and SQL Server.
- Worked with different health system vendors that provided confidential documents that we had to synchronized with our local systems every day.
- Worked with final users in order to design and create new out-of-the-box features that allowed the company to work in a better way.
Lead Developer2015 - 2016Sim1Ems
Technologies: .NET, C#, AWS, Azure, Node.js
- Developed and maintained an order management system that integrates with marketplaces like Amazon, eBay, and Walmart.
- Oversaw the full architecture and cloud environment both in Azure and AWS.
- Worked on algorithmic strategies for auto-pricing tools (used for competing with other sellers on marketplaces like Amazon or eBay).
- Worked with AdWords API and data science projects in order to maximize sales and reduce costs when using AdWords and Google Shopping.
Part-time Teacher2013 - 2015ORT Argentina
Technologies: .NET, Android, PHP, MySQL, SQL Server
- Helped students to develop their capstone project in this technical high school's programming specialization.
.NET Developer2003 - 2009Sappco SRL
- Developed for websites and desktop environments, mostly in C#, for offshore companies.
- Developed and designed a framework from scratch in C# for a large-scale company.
- Created security-related software for a government bureau, mostly in regards to digital signature validation on official documents.
- Programmed Objective-C desktop apps for marketing projects.
- Developed C libraries for Arduino projects.
- Built performance tools and algorithms for measuring the consumption of energy in different buildings.
Datawarehouse Developer2002 - 2003Comsoft
Technologies: SQL Server, Analysis Services, OLAP, MDX, DTS, ETL
- Conducted ETL design and development for different data warehouses.
- Programmed MDX queries.
- Designed and developed cubes.
- Created dashboards and balanced scorecard tools.
- Built data warehouses from scratch for large-sized companies like Coca Cola, Tenaris, and Alto Paraná.
Programmer2001 - 2002BHDM
Technologies: ASP, PHP, SQL Server, MySQL
- Developed web features for large-scale companies, e.g., Hewlett Packard and The Discovery Channel.
- Designed databases under different technologies, including SQL Server, MySQL, and PostgreSQL.
- Designed and developed APIs. Developed interfaces between client components developed in Adobe Flash and server components developed in ASP/PHP.
- Developed email marketing tools for clients like Hewlett Packard and The Discovery Channel.
- Conducted data warehousing.
- Doctor Sapix Portfolio Manager (Development)
A cloud application for financial portfolio management.
- BonosArgentinos.com (Argentinian Bonds) (Development)
A fixed-income platform for analyzing Argentinian bonds. This is an application I built from scratch to help local analysts to make decisions on fixed income assets. This app connects with Yahoo Finance and Bloomberg to get data (prices), and processes the data generating useful information for the analysts, e.g., Nelson & Siegel curves, IRR, etc.
- Energy Performance Tools for Ezenics (Development)http://www.ezenics.com
Developed different tools in C# mostly related to the energy sector. These tools are used to minimize the consumption of energy in buildings.
- Doctor Sapix Derivative Analyzer (Development)
Desktop application for analyzing different kinds of financial derivatives. I implemented quantitative algorithms for search strategies in options and futures markets.
- ManageUP PRM (Development)
I collaborated on the creation of this tool. It's an application for the health industry, which helps health organizations to organize themselves and produce results in a better way.
- PowerEngage app for Aviata, Inc. (Development)http://www.aviatainc.com/power-engage/
I collaborated with Aviata, Inc., developing the Power Engage App for Mac OS. Power Engage is a preinstalled application on computers that helps users and hardware companies to manage their relationships, allowing the user to register hardware components, manage warranties, etc.
- A3Equipo (Development)http://www.a3software.com/a3equipo-gestion_departamentos_rrhh.htm
Designed and developed different components for A3Equipo, a product related to human resources offered by A3Software (Wolters Kluwer).
- A3Asesor (Development)http://www.a3software.com/a3asesor-asesorias_y_despachos_profesionales.htm
Designed and developed different components for A3Asesor, a law-related product offered by A3Software (Wolters Kluwer).
- Robot controller for Arduino Car (Development)
I developed a robot controller for an Arduino car. This controller is capable of remembering actions and executing them in the future, e.g., you can schedule a set of movements for each motor, turn on/off the sensors, etc. The car is controlled by using a C# app that connects with the car by using serial communication over Bluetooth.
Libraries/APIsAdWords API, Amazon MWS, LINQ, PayPal API, Node.js, eBay API, Facebook API, jQuery
ParadigmsInversion of Control, Concurrent Programming, Dependency Injection, Unit Testing, Design Patterns, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), REST, Functional Programming, OLAP
PlatformsAmazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Lambda, AWS EC2, Azure, Windows, Linode, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Heroku, Xamarin, Windows Phone 8, Arduino, MacOS, Android
OtherAlgorithms, Software Architecture, Lambda Functions, Data Structures, Banking & Finance, Quantitative Finance, Capital Markets, Relational Database Services (RDS), IoC, Web Services, Domain-driven Design (DDD), Business Intelligence (BI), Product Management, AWS API Gateway, AWS Route 53, Ajax
FrameworksNUnit, NHibernate, ASP.NET, Adobe Flex, ASP.NET Web API, ASP.NET MVC
ToolsAmazon SQS, NuGet, TortoiseSVN, Flash Builder, Zapier, Git, Jira, Xcode, GitHub, Mercurial, Subversion (SVN)
StorageAWS RDS, AWS S3, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, MongoDB
- Postgraduate degree in Finance2009 - 2010Universidad Torcuato Di Tella (UTDT) - Buenos Aires
- Engineer's degree in Systems Engineering2001 - 2007Universidad Tecnológica Nacional (UTN) - Buenos Aires
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - AssociateDECEMBER 2018 - DECEMBER 2020AWS - Amazon Web Services
- Deep Learning Explained (edX - DAT236x)AUGUST 2018 - PRESENTMicrosoft | via edX
- Python for Data Science (edX - DSE200x)AUGUST 2018 - PRESENTUniversity of San Diego | via edX