Verified Expert in Engineering
Software Architect and Back-end Developer
Matías has been programming as a hobby since he was six years old. He started with GW Basic and Quick Basic in the eighties and has used a lot of technologies since then. Now, he focuses on C#. After finishing his master's degree in finance, he has tackled many projects related to capital markets and quantitative algorithms. Matías loves software and finance and would be an excellent candidate for this kind of project.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), C#, .NET, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Visual Studio
The most amazing...
...software I've built is a financial market enterprise application for valuation and trading. I built this application from scratch using C#, Flex, and MySQL.
- Revamped and debugged a legacy client-server app that sends trading signals to options traders.
- Developed trading indicators based on processing more than three billion quotes per day.
- Built automated strategies for canceling orders based on different rules.
- Designed security mechanisms for enforcing the security of the communication between client and server.
- Helped with the analysis and design of the migration of several on-prem applications to the cloud.
- Aided with the design and implementation of an automated platform that supports all the company's migration efforts.
- Worked with several application architects to find the best cloud technologies and practices for migrating their apps to the cloud.
- Designed the architecture of an automated trading system capable of interoperating with different crypto markets to execute strategies that are easily programmed by an operator.
- Proposed and designed the security policies and good practices for the different parts of the software and the development lifecycle.
- Investigated and proposed the right technology stack for the software to be built, according to the company's needs and the skills of the team.
- Worked heavily with the developers on solving performance issues related to memory management, processor consumption, and network latency issues.
Doctor Sapix Finance Software
- Designed and developed financial applications from scratch, i.e., fixed income apps, derivative tools, and a portfolio management application for family offices.
- Planned and programmed quantitative finance algorithms for different financial models and assets, e.g., Black-Scholes, Nelson-Siegel.
- Created, developed, and used web APIs based on different technologies.
- Managed products, particularly concerning the improvement of design and development of new features.
- Developed different interfaces for retrieving data from Bloomberg, Yahoo Finance, Morningstar, and other financial information sources.
- Processed financial accounts statements and activity records from different banks, e.g., Pershing, Deutsche Bank, UBS, Merrill Lynch, etc.
- Created an automated testing tool using Cucumber.
- Designed domain models based on a solid understanding of financial markets and current and potential customers' needs.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Developed from scratch and improved existing Python and Node API endpoints that were consumed by a mobile app.
- Helped to improve the AWS infrastructure required by the project.
- Improved the way new developers could set up and run the development and testing environments in a faster way.
Sanders & Phillips
- Led a team composed of remote developers, including fellow Toptalers.
- Contributed to an important migration from a legacy ASP.NET (WebForms) core application to Salesforce.
- Improved the performance of different tools and processes developed in .NET and SQL Server.
- Worked with different health system vendors that provided confidential documents that we had to synchronized with our local systems every day.
- Worked with final users in order to design and create new out-of-the-box features that allowed the company to work in a better way.
- Developed and maintained an order management system that integrates with marketplaces like Amazon, eBay, and Walmart.
- Oversaw the full architecture and cloud environment both in Azure and AWS.
- Worked on algorithmic strategies for auto-pricing tools (used for competing with other sellers on marketplaces like Amazon or eBay).
- Worked with AdWords API and data science projects in order to maximize sales and reduce costs when using AdWords and Google Shopping.
- Helped students to develop their capstone project in this technical high school's programming specialization.
- Developed for websites and desktop environments, mostly in C#, for offshore companies.
- Developed and designed a framework from scratch in C# for a large-scale company.
- Created security-related software for a government bureau, mostly in regards to digital signature validation on official documents.
- Programmed Objective-C desktop apps for marketing projects.
- Developed C libraries for Arduino projects.
- Built performance tools and algorithms for measuring the consumption of energy in different buildings.
- Conducted ETL design and development for different data warehouses.
- Programmed MDX queries.
- Designed and developed cubes.
- Created dashboards and balanced scorecard tools.
- Built data warehouses from scratch for large-sized companies like Coca Cola, Tenaris, and Alto Paraná.
- Developed web features for large-scale companies, e.g., Hewlett Packard and The Discovery Channel.
- Designed databases under different technologies, including SQL Server, MySQL, and PostgreSQL.
- Designed and developed APIs. Developed interfaces between client components developed in Adobe Flash and server components developed in ASP/PHP.
- Developed email marketing tools for clients like Hewlett Packard and The Discovery Channel.
- Conducted data warehousing.
Doctor Sapix Portfolio Manager
BonosArgentinos.com (Argentinian Bonds)
Energy Performance Tools for Ezenicshttp://www.ezenics.com
Doctor Sapix Derivative Analyzer
PowerEngage App for Aviata, Inc.
Robot Controller for Arduino Car
C# Software for Android APK Decompilation and Analysishttps://www.mpegla.com/
MWS Amazon Auto-pricer
.NET Core, NUnit, NHibernate, ASP.NET, Adobe Flex, ASP, .NET, ASP.NET Web API, ASP.NET MVC, Truffle
AdWords API, Amazon MWS, LINQ, REST APIs, Salesforce API, PayPal API, Node.js, eBay API, Facebook API, jQuery, Sockets, NetMQ
Inversion of Control, Concurrent Programming, Dependency Injection, Unit Testing, Design Patterns, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Business Intelligence (BI), ETL, REST, Functional Programming, OLAP, Socket Programming
Amazon EC2, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Lambda, Azure, Windows, Blockchain, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Linode, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Heroku, Xamarin, Windows Phone 8, Arduino, MacOS, Android, Kubernetes, Docker, Jupyter Notebook
Algorithms, Software Architecture, Lambda Functions, Data Structures, Solution Architecture, Architecture, AWS Certified Solution Architect, APIs, Quantitative Finance, Capital Markets, Relational Database Services (RDS), IoC, Adobe Flash Builder, Web Services, Domain-driven Design (DDD), Product Management, BitMEX, Finance, Systems, Engineering, APK, Multithreading, Amazon API Gateway, Amazon Route 53, Ajax, Single Sign-on (SSO), OpenZeppelin, Containers, Algorithmic Trading, Development
Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), NuGet, TortoiseSVN, Zapier, Visual Studio, AWS IAM, Git, Jira, Xcode, GitHub, Mercurial, Subversion (SVN), Azure App Service, Auth0, Ganache, MongoDB Atlas, OpenAI Gym, Spyder
Banking & Finance, High-frequency Trading (HFT), Trading Systems
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, MongoDB, Azure Cosmos DB, SQL Server 2016, Redis
Master's Degree in Finance
Universidad Torcuato Di Tella (UTDT) - Buenos Aires, Argentina
Engineer's Degree in Systems Engineering
Universidad Tecnológica Nacional (UTN) - Buenos Aires, Argentina
Introduction to Containers with Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift
AWS Certified Security - Specialty
AWS - Amazon Web Services
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate
Deep Learning Explained (edX - DAT236x)
Microsoft | via edX
Python for Data Science (edX - DSE200x)
University of San Diego | via edX