Ruby on Rails Freelancer2014 - PRESENTMatt Brictson Consulting
Technologies: Web API, Stripe, DevOps, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Worked as an independent freelancer, specializing in building SaaS and business applications using Ruby on Rails.
- Developed and continued to support Monkey Box, a highly-secure password inventory.
- Designed and implemented a customer registration and billing portal for a established company that wanted to expand their business from B2B to B2C.
- Built new features for a number of different web apps, all on very aggressive timelines.
- Provided clients with the skills of a senior Rails programmer, an efficient project management process, and an appreciation for good UX.
Co-Founder2004 - 201455 Minutes Inc.
Technologies: CSS, HTML, Agile Project Management, UI Design, Java, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Co-founded a boutique consultancy that worked for many clients for over 10 years to build ambitious web projects of various shapes and sizes.
- Developed a patent inventory web app for a large Silicon Valley technology company with responsibilities that included making several optimizations using caches, background processing, and custom SQL to achieve sub-second response times when generating complex ad-hoc reports.
- Led a development team that designed and built a digital asset inventory web app for a large media company.
- Built the Robot Cloud Dashboard (formerly Device Scout), which is a web-based visual inventory of Macs and iOS devices.
- Designed user interfaces and managed scope and deliverables for large IT projects, mentored small teams with agile design and development practices, advised startups launching SaaS products, and built many successful Ruby on Rails applications.
Technical Specialist2001 - 2004WebWare Corp
Technologies: Linux, Oracle, Java, Python
- Led the development of a fresh web UI to revitalize a legacy product, using a SOAP API to connect the two. Used Java and an MVC web framework (Struts) to build the product using an XP (Extreme Programming) process.
- Built a bulk image delivery and workflow tool in Python that connected WebWare's digital asset management product to external FTP sites, allowing an advertising agency to deliver large high resolution source files to its client, a major U.S. auto manufacturer.
- Traveled to customer data centers to install and troubleshoot enterprise software on Solaris systems using Oracle databases.