Staff Software Engineer2022 - PRESENTBolt
Technologies: iOS, Swift, UIKit, REST, GraphQL, API Architecture, Charles Proxy, Git, GitHub, MacOS, TestFlight, Zsh, CircleCI, Xcode, iOS Native Libraries, Design Patterns
- Developed the initial version of the Bolt checkout software development kit (SDK) for iOS, used to integrate the Bolt checkout platform into mobile merchant apps and improve the shopping experience for customers.
- Worked on the Bolt shopping app that aggregated products from Bolt merchants and provided customers the ability to place orders, track order status, and update account settings.
- Built several foundation libraries used by the checkout SDK and the Bolt shopping app, including payments, networking, and shared UI components.
- Collaborated with engineers across the company to improve the checkout application programming interface (API) by making it more consistent and reducing the number of round trips required from mobile clients.
- Guided new API development and advocated moving the business logic from the front end to the back end.
Senior Software Engineer2015 - 2021Uber
- Directed the architecture and implementation of multiple iOS and full-stack projects encompassing all major Uber apps, such as Rider, Driver, and Eats.
- Participated in an engineering effort to completely rewrite the Uber Rider app, migrate from Objective-C to Swift and build a new in-house app architecture called RIBs.
- Built several financial products on iOS, including the Uber Credit Card, Rider Credits, Driver Banking, and Driver Loans.
- Oversaw the mobile implementation of the Uber Eats messaging platform, which enabled product teams at Uber to display contextual messaging on several in-app surfaces in the Uber Eats app.
- Led the web implementation of Uber Eats restaurant marketing, which enabled restaurants to run marketing campaigns and improve their presence in the app.
Software Engineer2013 - 2015hopTo
Technologies: iOS, Swift, Objective-C, Python, C#, Azure, .NET, API Architecture, C++, C#.NET, Windows, LINQ, Design Patterns
- Led the implementation of hopTo Work, a remote desktop solution for enterprise companies to access Windows and Mac desktop apps on mobile devices.
- Developed features for the hopTo iOS app, including remote desktop access, secure web browser, and cloud file storage.
- Built libraries to access desktop screen contents and make them available for streaming to mobile devices by implementing a cross-platform message queue that allowed data to be streamed between devices across several network protocols.
- Created several open-source projects for accessing QNAP and Synology storage devices and contributed to the FreeRDP remote desktop project.