- Senior Laravel DeveloperMclowd2017 - PRESENT
- Implemented a wrapper solution to migrate their existing vanilla PHP code base to Laravel.
- Implemented critical features in the new Practitioner Edition of the software, enabling the company to boost revenue.
- Deployed using Elastic Beanstalk with AWS.
- Worked remotely with a company based in Australia.
- Full-stack PHP DeveloperNZProtein2016 - PRESENT
Technologies: Laravel 5.4, Vue.js, Twitter Bootstrap
- Rebuilt the NZProtein website in Laravel 5.3.
- Built the CSS with Twitter Bootstrap.
- Lead DeveloperAdam Block Design2013 - PRESENT
Technologies: CakePHP, WordPress, Authorize.Net API, PayPal API, Endicia API, Twitter Bootstrap
- Developed multiple websites with CakePHP.
- Integrated various APIs, such as Authorize.Net, PayPal, and Endicia.
- Built an OMS, working with a large database.
- Assisted and worked with WordPress.
- Managed a team of developers and worked directly with a front-end developer.
- Handled the server administration for multiple websites on an Ubuntu Server.
- PHP DeveloperBuilding Tender Services2004 - PRESENT
Technologies: CakePHP 3, Twitter Bootstrap
- Developed the original website back in 2004; it was rebuilt in 2008 using CakePHP.
- Began redeveloping a new release of the website in CakePHP 3 and Twitter Bootstrap.
- PHP DeveloperElive Limited2004 - PRESENT
- Maintained one of the largest online stores in New Zealand, a website built in Vanilla PHP.
- Developed the admin portal in CakePHP.
- CakePHP DeveloperNomadic Real Estate (via Toptal)2016 - 2017
Technologies: CakePHP 2, Twitter Bootstrap
- Implemented new features for an existing CakePHP 2 application.
- Wrote various unit tests to ensure the code remained stable.
- Lead DeveloperBabridge (via Toptal)2016 - 2017
Technologies: CakePHP 2, Stripe API
- Helped refactor an existing CakePHP 2 code base.
- Wrote various unit tests to ensure the code base remained solid.
- Worked with the Stripe API.
- Full-stack PHP DeveloperAccountancyFair2016 - 2017
Technologies: CakePHP 3, Twitter Bootstrap, Vue.js, HTML, CSS
- Developed using CakePHP 3.
- Implemented and modified a Bootstrap template.
- Used Vue.js on the front-end.
- Implemented the CakeDC search plugin for advanced search.
- Implemented Stripe payment gateway.
- Handled the server administration from start to finish.
- PHP DeveloperLimerick Hockey Club2015 - 2016
Technologies: CakePHP, Stripe API
- Developed a new website for the Limerick Hockey Club.
- Built a membership portal in CakePHP.
- Integrated with Stripe API to collect payments.
- Handled the server administration on an Ubuntu Server.
- PHP DeveloperRiccardos Italian Restaurant (via Toptal)2014 - 2015
Technologies: CakePHP, WordPress, InfusionSoft API
- Developed an ordering platform for online ordering for the restaurant.
- Integrated the website with various third-party applications, including InfusionSoft API.
- Worked with WordPress.
- PHP DeveloperIxian2011 - 2014
Technologies: PHP, CakePHP
- Developed hundreds of websites for various clients over a three-year period.
- Worked with CakePHP 2.
- PHP DeveloperWholesale Directory2013 - 2013
- Built a website for Irish Wholesalers in CakePHP.
- Lead DeveloperCakeDC2013 - 2013
Technologies: CakePHP, PHP, MySQL, PostgreSQL, jQuery, Git
- Collaborated with members of the CakePHP core team (CakeDC is the company behind CakePHP).
- Followed strict coding standards, writing object-oriented, reusable code.
- Developed remotely for clients from all over the world.
- Worked alongside Larry E. Masters, the CakePHP founder and James Watts, the CakePHP community manager.
- Learned and shared some of the best CakePHP code with other CakePHP top developers.
- Lead DeveloperFeisty Sites2008 - 2010
- Wrote the first mass marketed Penny Auction script, originally in CakePHP 1.3 and later updating it to CakePHP 2.
- Sold licenses for the software to hundreds of auction owners all around the world.
- Sold the software to a large UK-based software company.
- Web DeveloperAction Coach2006 - 2007
Technologies: Zend Framework, CakePHP, CodeIgniter, PHP
- Worked for an international business coach franchise company led by entrepreneur Brad Sugars.
- Developed company intranet using Zend Framework.
- Maintained over 150 PHP websites.
- Built various database-driven websites.
- Created and maintained newsletter-sending software for a huge mailing list.