Senior Data Scientist2019 - 2021CVS Health
Technologies: Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Served as lead data scientist on various machine learning development, experimentation, and workforce innovation projects providing the incremental annual value of XX million USD.
- Responded to consistent urgent requests from the White House, CDC, and Operation Warp Speed leadership on capacity planning, second-dose adherence, and daily vaccine utilization.
- Implemented a fully customizable suite of COVID-19 vaccine demand forecasting and demand diagnosis models. These models anticipated vaccine demand drops and highlighted potential areas for intervention.
- Collaborated with lead designers to identify and address the impact of social determinants of health on low immunization rates, drawing on SHAP values and ethnographic data to design interventions.
- Acted as a key contributor to CVS's enterprise-wide algorithmic bias policy which set out steps for monitoring and mitigating bias along protected class lines within AI systems.
Data Scientist2018 - 2019Widget Brain
Technologies: OR-Tools, Node.js, Jupyter, PyTorch, Python
- Led retail projects including demographic-based demand forecasting for a large supermarket, roster optimization for a large Australian cosmetics chain, and theatre attendance forecasting for a large Australian cinema company.
- Delivered predictive maintenance models for a large shipping OEM, allowing a 66% reduction in sensors.
- Implemented deep learning extensions (such as LSTMs) to the existing demand forecasting product.
- Built production flows using NodeRed and deployed models using AWS serverless code tools.
Research Officer2016 - 2018Australian National University
Technologies: Jupyter Notebook, PyTorch
- Built NLP machine learning models to predict the likely severity of identity theft case reports. Research officer on Australia's first large-scale study on identity theft.