Verified Expert in Engineering
Michael is a full-stack web developer and an expert with front-end technologies, particularly React. He is a certified AWS Solutions Architect with industry experience in cloud development and release engineering. Michael has published tutorials as an SME, contributed to open source, and built an app for fleet management in the aviation industry. He has a passion for modular architectures and enjoys performing hybrid work between code and infrastructure to bring designs to life.
Git, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), MacOS, Linux
The most amazing...
...tool I've created is a language-learning app built with RxJava, Android architecture components, and Google Cloud services.
- Developed a platform to connect Shopify with vendors' inventories and fulfillment providers.
- Implemented serverless architecture using AWS services: S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, and SNS/SQS.
- Developed a modular architecture for vendor integrations using AWS Cloud Development Kit (CDK).
- Improved observability using AWS X-Ray, CloudWatch Dashboards, and CloudWatch Logs Insights.
- Created infrastructure to test vendor integrations by using AWS SDK, CucumberJS, and API mocks.
- Transformed a website from WordPress into GatsbyJS using Contentful as headless CMS.
- Built a component library using React and Storybook with styled-components and styled system.
- Created a workflow in GitHub Actions to run visual regression tests using BackstopJS.
React and TypeScript Front-end Engineer
- Built an application for fleet and personnel management in the aviation industry.
- Developed a front end with a modular dashboard interface using React, TypeScript, and Jest.
- Contributed to the back end written using Ruby on Rails, ActiveRecord, dry-monads, and RSpec.
- Developed user-facing functionality for a Belgium-based fashion store.
- Conceptualized component library based on the design reference.
- Ensured operational safety though static analysis, runtime type checking, and E2E tests.
- Developed map-based mobile application and invite-based CRM system using React Native and Firebase.
- Established CI/CD pipeline for a monorepo using CircleCI, Lerna, and Firebase CLI.
- Implemented strategies for automated testing for Firebase security rules and cloud functions.
- Optimized spatial data retrieval using a custom algorithm for a discrete number of regions.
Maintain Control: A Guide to Webpack and React, Pt. 2
Finding a Better Framework than Vue.js, React, and Angular
Redux, Jest, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Cypress, NestJS, Express.js, Symfony, Django, Kohana, Knockout (Knockout.js), React Native, Cycle.js, Dagger 2, Next.js
React, Node.js, RxJS, Redux-Saga, Shopify API, Google Maps API, RxJava, ActiveRecord
Linux, Docker, AWS Lambda, Firebase, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Contentful, MacOS, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), WordPress, Drupal, OpenCart, Android, Amazon EC2
Styled-components, AWS Cloud Development, Gatsby, GitHub Actions, Amazon Kinesis, Amazon RDS, AWS Auto Scaling, Amazon API Gateway, Amazon Route 53, Dry-rb
Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Amazon CloudWatch, AWS SDK, Git, Amazon Athena, Amazon Elastic MapReduce (EMR), AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS), Amazon EKS, AWS ELB, AWS Fargate, Amazon ElastiCache, AWS CloudFormation, AWS CloudTrail, Amazon CloudFront CDN, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), AWS IAM, AWS Key Management Service (KMS), Amazon EBS, RSpec
Reactive Programming, Functional Programming, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Test-driven Development (TDD)
PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MySQL, Amazon Aurora, Amazon EFS
AWS Solutions Architect Associate
AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate
Android Developer Nanodegree