Assistant Lecturer Online Teaching2020 - PRESENTBerliner Hochschule für Technik
Technologies: University Teaching
- Taught an online class on the fundamentals of computer operating systems as a freelance assistant lecturer to classes of 20+ students per semester.
- Designed and administered the practical exercise labs on digital circuits, assembly language, process scheduling, and file systems.
- Created and administered the mid-term and final exams.
Postdoctoral Research Assistant2019 - PRESENTBauhaus-Universität Weimar
Technologies: Machine Learning, Technical Writing, University Teaching, LaTeX, Python 3, Git, SaltStack
- Published 7+ research papers on information retrieval and data mining over three years at the A-level international and several minor venues, often leveraging state-of-the-art machine learning and data processing techniques.
- Designed teaching materials on the fundamentals of machine learning as part of an annual lecture and led an associated programming lab for more than 100 students each year.
- Led a team to plan, procure, and install a state-of-the-art GPU computing cluster; designed and implemented the systems for authenticating dozens of researchers using this infrastructure across four institutions.
- Supported and mentored 11 successful students in writing bachelor's and master's theses.
Research Assistant2013 - 2019Bauhaus-Universität Weimar
Technologies: Data Science, Data Engineering, DevOps, Technical Writing, Python 3, Java, Hadoop, Kubernetes, Spark
- Contributed to more than a dozen scientific publications on information retrieval, natural language processing, and data mining, half of which were published at A-rated international venues. Implemented the experimental systems in Python and Java.
- Taught lab classes on the fundamentals of machine learning and held a recurring seminar class on big data processing architectures. Led small student project groups on a variety of hot topics in machine learning and data mining.
- Planned and implemented the procurement, installation, maintenance, and monitoring for computing infrastructure, which involved more than 200 individual servers.
- Supported and mentored 11 successful students in the preparation of bachelor's and master's theses.