PHP Developer in Elblag, Poland
Programmer2014 - PRESENTAssertis, Ltd.
- Helped design and implement a train tickets eCommerce service-oriented architecture.
- Implemented train reservations and payments based on outside APIs.
- Created an app to pull in multiple data feeds and parse them into a single database with a helper library.
- Created an CQRS/ES-driven multi-step refunds service.
- Learned a great deal about testing and code quality management.
Programmer2013 - 2014Wirtualna Polska SA
- Created a system for storing, calculating, and displaying sports results and statistics.
- Helped create the front-end and back-end of a blogging platform.
- Helped design and create a multi-datacenter, SOA-based content repository system for a group of popular websites.
Programmer2006 - 2013Wonderhouse.pl
- Designed and developed a drag-n-drop, multi-site, versioned CMS with payments and domain purchasing.
- Created a web app for tracking and visualizing occupancy and finances for hotels and hotel networks.
- Wrote the back-end for an online Farmville-type game.
- Created and supported dozens of online competition sites, including a suite of back-office apps with graphical stats, personal data management, and spam/scam fighting tools.
- Created a system to interface with a mobile operator gateway for a SMS-based competition.
Web Developer2004 - 2006Engine.pl
Technologies: PHP, MySQL
- Created a large-scale PHP/MySQL forum.
- Created standards-compliant websites.
Web Master, Designer2003 - 2004Mama Design Poland
Technologies: PHP, Photoshop, InDesign
- Created and open-sourced a PHP framework (CakePHP).
- Created CMS-backed websites.
- Prepared materials for offset printing.
- Sleeper.scot Website (Development)https://www.sleeper.scot
Helped create the back-end architecture supporting ticket reservations, sales, back-office management, and refunds for a Scottish train operating company.
- Monitoring Rynku Hotelarskiego (via Wonderhouse) (Development)
An app for tracking and visualizing occupancy and finances for hotels and hotel networks using PHP5, MySQL, and Google Charts API.
- CakePHP Framework (Other amazing things)http://cakephp.org/
I started the CakePHP open source project, which is a set of tools to make building web apps easier. It is currently used by tens of thousands of websites, is actively developed by 50+ programmers, and has received more than 5,000 stars on GitHub.
- WebRobi (via Wonderhouse) (Development)
- Historia.wp.pl (via Wirtualna Polska) (Development)http://historia.wp.pl
A history blog made using PHP, Java, and OracleDB.
- Bloog.pl (via Wirtualna Polska) (Development)http://bloog.pl
- WP New Content Repository (Development)
ParadigmsObject-oriented Programming (OOP), Model View Controller (MVC), SOA, REST, Clean Code, Event Sourcing, CQRS, KISS
OtherWeb App Development, User Experience (UX), Ajax
ToolsSlack, PhpStorm, Jira, Git, Jenkins, HipChat
PlatformsLAMP, NetBeans, Oracle, Linux
StorageJSON, MySQL, Memcached