Verified Expert in Engineering
Web App Development Developer
Michał has been a professional full-time developer for over a decade. Before that, he worked mostly in advertising companies doing technical, print-related work, and website development. He is very passionate about code quality and how it relates to developer productivity and the company bottom line.
Composer, Git, PhpStorm, APIs, REST APIs, Back-end, Node.js, Docker
The most amazing...
...thing I've done is to start the CakePHP open source project, a set of tools for building web apps that is currently in use by tens of thousands of websites.
- Helped design and implement a train tickets eCommerce service-oriented architecture.
- Implemented train reservations and payments based on outside APIs.
- Created an app to pull in multiple data feeds and parse them into a single database with a helper library.
- Created an CQRS/ES-driven multi-step refunds service.
- Learned a great deal about testing and code quality management.
- Improved and refactored a large CMS/Publishing application running 10+ news sites.
- Created unit and acceptance tests.
- Added issue and bug tracking software, automated error and log gathering.
Wirtualna Polska SA
- Created a system for storing, calculating, and displaying sports results and statistics.
- Helped create the front and back end of a blogging platform.
- Helped design and create a multi-datacenter, SOA-based content repository system for a group of popular websites.
- Designed and developed a drag-n-drop, multi-site, versioned CMS with payments and domain purchasing.
- Created a web app for tracking and visualizing occupancy and finances for hotels and hotel networks.
- Wrote the back end for an online Farmville-type game.
- Created and supported dozens of online competition sites, including a suite of back-office apps with graphical stats, personal data management, and spam/scam fighting tools.
- Created a system to interface with a mobile operator gateway for a SMS-based competition.
- Created a large-scale PHP/MySQL forum.
- Created standards-compliant websites.
Web Master, Designer
Mama Design Poland
- Created and open-sourced a PHP framework (CakePHP).
- Created CMS-backed websites.
- Prepared materials for offset printing.
Monitoring Rynku Hotelarskiego (via Wonderhouse)
WebRobi (via Wonderhouse)
Historia.wp.pl (via Wirtualna Polska)http://historia.wp.pl
Bloog.pl (via Wirtualna Polska)http://bloog.pl
WP New Content Repository
Silex, Laravel, Symfony
REST APIs, Node.js, jQuery
Slack, PhpStorm, Jira, Git, Composer, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Chef, Jenkins
Refactoring, Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Model View Controller (MVC), REST, Clean Code, KISS, Event Sourcing, CQRS
Web App Development, APIs, Back-end, MVC Frameworks, User Experience (UX), Ajax, Architecture, Technical Project Management, CI/CD Pipelines
LAMP, Linux, Ubuntu, Docker, Oracle, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
JSON, MySQL, MongoDB, Memcached